How's this sounding?

NSGUITAR

Oct 26, 2009
I only spent about 10 mins on mixing this so far.. It's pretty typical music, but I'd like to know what you think!

There aren't any edits done to it yet, so it's not the tightest. But the players were quite tight, which will make the edit process very easy! I'm going to keep his breaths in the vocal track.. I think it adds a lot of feel to it.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4985090/Ghost Ride mix1.mp3

UPDATE:

Here's mixed/mastered version. I'm quite happy with the mix!

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4985090/GhostRideTheWhipFINAL2.mp3

Vocals need to come down and also bring the snare down a smidge

Only listening through laptop speakers at the moment but its soundings good man!

Deetz on things?

a bit too much breath for my tastes...maybe cut down on some? and yeah vocals seem loud.

Oh shit! I didn't even realize how loud vox were. I must not've realized it when I exported this, you guys were 100% right about that.

Drums were all real OHs, shells were mix between real and slate. I didn't use slate room though, I've been testing out some different verbs, and I'm really digging freeverb actually! It's pretty amazing.

Guitar is actually an orange amp via pod farm.

Bass is DI with some cool processing.

Sweet sweeeet! You really do come out with some sweet mixes considering your using USB M Audio speakers. Maybe the NS studio thread did you some justice man haha

I dont really use the slate rooms that much, also not a fan of the slate cymbals :/ kinda suck!

Sweet sweeeet! You really do come out with some sweet mixes considering your using USB M Audio speakers. Maybe the NS studio thread did you some justice man haha

These aren't usb? Although I DO need new ones.. I think it's time for an upgrade lol.

I've been shopping online for a couple weeks for new monitors.. I think I'm going to go with the adam ax7s..

Ah shit my bad, they looked quite similar to some Alesis ones that we use to have lying around in college.

Fair enough man, read good things about um.

I'm looking at the Mackie MR8s if all goes to plan. If not... Yamaha HS50Ms

Ah shit my bad, they looked quite similar to some Alesis ones that we use to have lying around in college.

Fair enough man, read good things about um.

I'm looking at the Mackie MR8s if all goes to plan. If not... Yamaha HS50Ms

Haha the Mackies are my number 2 choice at the moment! I'm sort of stuck between the two.

Oh shit! I didn't even realize how loud vox were. I must not've realized it when I exported this, you guys were 100% right about that.

Drums were all real OHs, shells were mix between real and slate. I didn't use slate room though, I've been testing out some different verbs, and I'm really digging freeverb actually! It's pretty amazing.

Guitar is actually an orange.

Bass is DI with some cool processing.

PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN .... Kidding!!

Sounding good, but ya fix those Vox

the kick sounds pretty muddy to me and the guitars sound a tad bassy try cutting some low mids on it to bring the low end down a little. other than that, it sounds ace!

Sounds pretty nice! There were a few little things I would look into:

The kick could come down a little bit.
Same with the vocals, they're way too loud. Is there a shitload of compression on the vocals? I personally don't like the sound of
the really compressed vocals of today. I would try to take the compressor back just a bit.
Then the bass frequencies seem to be breathing a bit too much making the low's a bit unclear on some parts.

But really good job, couldn't beat that even if I tried! :D

Oh and the song rocks.

I dont really use the slate rooms that much, also not a fan of the slate cymbals :/ kinda suck!

I agree. I'm hating the Slate cymbals...although after parellel comp and some ssl they sound "decent".

Also, there are no slate cymbals on here. I've never even used slate cymbals yet. Sticking with the real thang.