News about the CD

Neva Kee

Jun 28, 2004
Germany
Hi,

:OMG: I was just wondering why no one seems to have reacted to the news about the progress of the new album...it seems like it's coming along quite nicely. The "it has a little bit of everything" comment sounds like it will be quite versatile, which would make me very happy personally, since I like diversity in albums.
The comment about the longer than 10 minutes song implies that this will be as long as it gets on the album, which probably means no looong longtrack this time, which is fine for me, even though I dig long and intertwined songs.

When MJR says that the band will start tracking in March, I think the album itself will probably be an autumn or winter release, urgs....I just hate waiting :loco:
On the other hand - better wait for a good and solid release than a hushed one - so rock on!!:headbang:

Definitely excited about this and also confused as to the lack of response from the board. I definitely agree with your assessment of a release date: I'll bet we have a new album between October-December 2010.

Hopefully the "little bit of everything" comment means MORE KEYBOARD! :)

Glad to hear from Lepond, can't wait to hear what new bass tone he's gone for on this album.

After waiting for a long for the update from the band, finally there was a big smile in my face when I first saw it in fb...the "little bit of everything" sounds epic to me :p

Best hope from the fans from Bangladesh \w/

It's great to see that it's basically finished. However production is important as hell. Hope they heard some of the feedback some people (whiny cunts like me) gave PL. They say the songs will be more varied and that's great but it doesn't matter if there's a wall of sound all the time.

I liked PL production :p

This is good news, I'm hoping they release it before autumn but who isnt? holding on tight for this one.

I need my Symphony X hit :p

Sounds like its going to be top shelf, I'm thinking maybe they grew through the last batch of tours and are on a roll feeling good about achieving wider spred recognition.

I had PL in heavy rotation here a few weeks back and have advanced my impression of that recording, theres alot of great stuff going on in that, I paid closer attention than previously. It helped too that at the same time I had Divine Wings, my favorite, in steady rotation on the car stereo, PL definantly stacks up just fine. Now I have to say the next week I had V in rotation and I might place that as lesser... for my tastes, that is not to say its not great, just a comparision. I revisited Twilight again for a few days and I believe it deserves more love that it usually seems to get on our "favorites" lists. Perhaps it just has too stiff competition... lol, their all great.

definitely very hype about even the littlest update, and the little bit of everything comment sounds promising. I check these forums almost every day hoping to see some sort of new information. Hopefully it will be out soon.

Is that really how long it will take? I was thinking more like summer.

Generally you're probably more on point with a summer assumption, but MJR and the guys seem to be perfectionists when it comes to finishing an album (which I am very glad for). Also throw in the fact that they are on a new label who probably want to show the band what they can do in terms of promotion, etc. and a rush release would not be a good showcase. I'm guessing the earliest we see it is September.

I am just glad it's not 5 years until another album this time around. I think signing with Nuclear Blast will enable them to have the best produced album they've had yet and I believe the significance of signing to a brand spankin' new label gives them a lot of excitement and gets the creative juices flowing. I have no doubt this could be the best Symphony X album ever made.

I am just glad it's not 5 years until another album this time around. I think signing with Nuclear Blast will enable them to have the best produced album they've had yet and I believe the significance of signing to a brand spankin' new label gives them a lot of excitement and gets the creative juices flowing. I have no doubt this could be the best Symphony X album ever made.

If they release an album better than V, I'll sacrifice an animal in their honor.

What's topped V?? Fucking nothing, that's what. And... they DID release nothing last year.....

Hmm, this requires a bit more thought...

Everything (even PL) does it better for me -> but that`s taste :rofl:

Anyway, better get back on topic, just wanted to reply

I`m curious about the production and theme of the new cd.
SX production on their cds was always great(yes, I`m counting damnation game and twilight in olympus :headbang:) but I wonder with this new label...

Everything (even PL) does it better for me -> but that`s taste :rofl:

Anyway, better get back on topic, just wanted to reply

I`m curious about the production and theme of the new cd.
SX production on their cds was always great(yes, I`m counting damnation game and twilight in olympus :headbang:) but I wonder with this new label...

My understanding is that the band has been doing things in-house for a few albums now, so the recording is done in MJR's studio, and they'll probably send it out to someone in Europe for mastering as they did with PL. The new record label probably won't change any of that; it's not like the guys will fly out to Germany to do the tracking or anything, as some bands do.

What's topped V?? Fucking nothing, that's what. And... they DID release nothing last year.....

Hmm, this requires a bit more thought...

5 words for ya pally! The Divine Wings of Tragedy!

JMHFO....

V was the only "grower" Sy-X cd for me back when it came out. There were a couple tunes available to the Sy-X list, and my first impression was they lost their balls & chunk aspect that I liked so much. DWOT remains my favorite cd of theirs to this date....
:Smokedev:

5 words for ya pally! The Divine Wings of Tragedy!

JMHFO....

V was the only "grower" Sy-X cd for me back when it came out. There were a couple tunes available to the Sy-X list, and my first impression was they lost their balls & chunk aspect that I liked so much. DWOT remains my favorite cd of theirs to this date....
:Smokedev:

indeed and Im in the process of trying to figure out why it never grew on me, yet is so highly praised. Perhaps I need to get out the head phones and lyrics and "follow the bouncing ball" so to speak.