News about the CD

I know what people mean about not considering catchy as great since people say it about terrible pop songs. I hate to call a song I like catchy, but sometimes it's true and doesn't mean the song is lacking in quality. I'd say parts of Through The Looking Glass (first Symphony X song that came to mind when I thought of ones that had been stuck in my head) are catchy, for example. Communion And The Oracle, Of Sins And Shadows, Fallen, Eve Of Seduction, The Edge Of Forever - all those could be described as being catchy and none of them are bad for it, in my opinion.

Often by catchy it's more about just a really good melody that sticks with you, rather than just being a really one dimensional song where all it's got is that "catchy" hook and nothing more.

@Jdubs: I was looking through the old posts, and I found one of the locked threads with everyones hostillity towards Paradise Lost. We've all come along way id say. I mean everyone, including myself, was being crazy.

Though after such an aftermath, I figured Iconoclast would turn out different. I suppose not, its a bit of a shame really.

Yep, I'm pretty much used to it....

so first show is tonight? anyone able to give us the names of any of the new tracks? :p

2 new songs -

Dehumanize
End Of Innocence

(From a post on the mailing list)

Yeah, just like that japanese website said the album would come out in January. I hope someone is going to the concert tomorrow and will come here and make a post about it or put a clip on youtube. I believe the concert is in Denmark? (I don't know the geography of Europe very much).

Taking another look at their US tour, I don't see why they would go on a full North American tour without having already released the new album. I bet the new album will come out in either March or April, at least as a leak.

Who gets to decide what theaters they get to play in? I swear almost every band out there plays the same places like Blondie's in Detroit, Worcester and that Best Buy Theater in NYC. Albany just gets Papa Roach and Kidz Bop! For shame.

the news should come from the management of SX, of course I just reported that

I know what people mean about not considering catchy as great since people say it about terrible pop songs. I hate to call a song I like catchy, but sometimes it's true and doesn't mean the song is lacking in quality. I'd say parts of Through The Looking Glass (first Symphony X song that came to mind when I thought of ones that had been stuck in my head) are catchy, for example. Communion And The Oracle, Of Sins And Shadows, Fallen, Eve Of Seduction, The Edge Of Forever - all those could be described as being catchy and none of them are bad for it, in my opinion.

Often by catchy it's more about just a really good melody that sticks with you, rather than just being a really one dimensional song where all it's got is that "catchy" hook and nothing more.

Exactly what i meant with my post. I obviously wasn't talking about the brainless kind of catchy.

Moving on....NEW SONGS, hell yea!

This may have already been seem in a tour thread somewhere, but I just came across this image, it may be indicative of the art style/cover of the new album:

symphony_x_tour_art11.jpg

I love it. The circuit patterns and all.