News about the CD

Not so fast. The long lapse between The Odyssey and Paradise Lost at least had semi-constant updates. This is very very unlike them. I blame Nuclear Blast for all of this horseshit. I blame them for the band's and Jax's silence. Must have been a contractual obligation. I've met the band so many times and MJR and Co. are good cats and they wouldn't do this if they weren't gagged in some way. FUCK that label. I just hope that Romeo and Co. got some good money out of it.

I know other bands signed to NB that have a LOT more promo. You can't heap it all on the label.

There are so many varieties of contracts though. Maybe in this one they didn't compromise any creative control(and I know for a fact Romeo never never would) but maybe they had other financial enticements which may have precluded voicing of the album and its content. Again, you and I have no idea how giant the deal was.
But this is so fucking hideous and irregular. I sincerely hope Jax tells me that I am way off on this and full of shit. But via reduction, there is no other explanation.

Jax is a grown woman, and has a life to deal with. Her presence on the forums (or lack their of) has nothing to do with the label. If she had time, you would see her posting about none the less, like on the official off topic thread. Why does everyone always need to find someone or something to blame? If anyone is to blame its the band.

The Band doesn't care about trivial internet things, and NB doesn't care about prog bands. So put two groups of people together who don't care. Wont make a massive community of people who do. Sad to say, but thats the way the cookie crumbles!

The Band doesn't care about trivial internet things, and NB doesn't care about prog bands.

yep, simple as that.

Personally I don't care that much either, but at this point I do agree that something is wrong and I blame the band's management for it. I don't want to see the band Twittering about everything etc. (in fact I'm glad they don't, I can relate to that). I just think management should care about updating the fans. If THEY don't care about stuff like this then wtf are they doing?

Well we have tour dates: im happy with that. Symphony X rules live and if I don't have a cd to listen to, I can at least assume they'll play some new stuff. I do think theres some explaining to be done however. They need better promotion. This is a band that I do think has great potential of a greater fanbase and theyre unneccessarily missing great opportunities

Ill still purchase the album none the less, I still find it odd aswell. There are issues somewhere, I agree with this. But its been like this for as long as I can remember. And no matter how much people want monthly updates, and tweets (Hell I don't want that...so lame) we will never receive them. Unless the band hires someone to do so, and I just don't think they have the budget to do such a thing. In all honesty that is what Jax is for, and even she gets the same information we do.

Like Kenn posted earlier, either here or on another thread. Not being the first source to release such spoilers? (is that a good word) like an album title should be released here first, otherwise you become irrelevant!

I was hopping that symphony x selling well on paradise lost, and gaining a wider spread fan base. And Nuclear Blast being a larger label than inside out, that they would bring symphony x to new heights. And make prog power metal relevant, instead of everyone referring to Dream Theater as gods! When really, they are washed up hacks who need to move along and step out of the light. Symphony X deserves more face time, the tour with nevermore and such is nice. Its about god damned time the band headlines some well known bands. But other than label, what the hell does Nevermore, Soilwork, and blackguard/power glove have in common with Symphony X? Pretty much nothing, which is garbage. On top of which, as long as symphony x chills with these types of bands, and plays in front of audience wanting those bands. Their musical direction will keep getting heavier, and less dynamic. Therefor eliminating any progressive value they had.

I just hope before symphony x fall down that path we receive a proper live dvd to remember the good old days of V, Dwot, and the odyssey!

So far the album process/updates have been worse than Paradise Lost, I agree. But what can we do... We're all going to buy the album, or acquire it illegally. And those who can, will still go see them live. Hell at this rate I believe the album will be up on Torrent before its officially announced here. If that's the case, that will be a giant kick in the balls to the fans, and the band. For what its worth, Russell Allen let the cat out of the bag. They could easily come here, or get someone (a la Jax) to come here, and make an official announcement about it. They have yet to do that, so instead of blaming the label. Look at the obvious facts.... Though, I'm not saying that NB are perfect. They are not helping the situation!

I was hopping that symphony x selling well on paradise lost, and gaining a wider spread fan base. And Nuclear Blast being a larger label than inside out, that they would bring symphony x to new heights. And make prog power metal relevant, instead of everyone referring to Dream Theater as gods! When really, they are washed up hacks who need to move along and step out of the light. Symphony X deserves more face time, the tour with nevermore and such is nice. Its about god damned time the band headlines some well known bands. But other than label, what the hell does Nevermore, Soilwork, and blackguard/power glove have in common with Symphony X? Pretty much nothing, which is garbage. On top of which, as long as symphony x chills with these types of bands, and plays in front of audience wanting those bands. Their musical direction will keep getting heavier, and less dynamic. Therefor eliminating any progressive value they had.

I just hope before symphony x fall down that path we receive a proper live dvd to remember the good old days of V, Dwot, and the odyssey!

So far the album process/updates have been worse than Paradise Lost, I agree. But what can we do... We're all going to buy the album, or acquire it illegally. And those who can, will still go see them live. Hell at this rate I believe the album will be up on Torrent before its officially announced here. If that's the case, that will be a giant kick in the balls to the fans, and the band. For what its worth, Russell Allen let the cat out of the bag. They could easily come here, or get someone (a la Jax) to come here, and make an official announcement about it. They have yet to do that, so instead of blaming the label. Look at the obvious facts.... Though, I'm not saying that NB are perfect. They are not helping the situation!

^
This
stated better than I could have

I just think that Sx deserve better promotion,expecially live because I saw them supporting Stratovarius for "odissey"and DT for "Paradise lost",they need
to go headliner or at least with bands like Vanden Plas,Redemption,
Evergrey,Spock's beard,Enchant,the problem is they didn't do that when there
INsideout,and I don't think they will do now. This is a matter of the labels,they
have to care about promoting tours with bands of the same style,otherwise they have to accept playing supporting the first band ,in this case not many
fans love both SX and Nevermore ,so why do I have to travel long distance to
see my favourite band with 8 records done playing just 1 hour ?

And make prog power metal relevant, instead of everyone referring to Dream Theater as gods! When really, they are washed up hacks who need to move along and step out of the light.

Totally blatant and irrelevant statement.
Regardless whether you like them or not, they always did have good promotion and that's the main reason why they've become so popular.
had SX done anything near the same since they started out, things might have looked a lot different now.
They chose not to, I see no reason for you to slam another band over it.

Ill still purchase the album none the less, I still find it odd aswell. There are issues somewhere, I agree with this. But its been like this for as long as I can remember. And no matter how much people want monthly updates, and tweets (Hell I don't want that...so lame) we will never receive them. Unless the band hires someone to do so, and I just don't think they have the budget to do such a thing. In all honesty that is what Jax is for, and even she gets the same information we do.

Like Kenn posted earlier, either here or on another thread. Not being the first source to release such spoilers? (is that a good word) like an album title should be released here first, otherwise you become irrelevant!

That's a pretty good post. Notice too, that Glenn(WhoFooledHu) doesn't post here nearly as much anymore. I hope I'm wrong and it could all be coincidence; but there is something definitely rotten in Denmark about all of this.