News follow-up comments

this really hit me hard. A complete surprise. Bork has lost a very talented and creative musician. I guess maybe Asgeir wants to focus on Thornbound, Spiral Architect, or Ihsahn? His drumming is one of the elements that got me into Borknagar, what a bummer. Well I hope he makes out well.

As for Borknagar...I'm a little nervous about the new album, its gonna be different with someone else drumming.

Take care, Asgeir. You will be missed in Borknagar.

Do what you have to, to stay safe and sane. And enjoy Vegas and the Star Trek Hotel! (I want a trip report!)

It's all up to Oystein now. I hope he tries to recruit someone who can at least half ass nail the awesome fill style Asgeir has. I hope he doesn't settle for some mediocre drummer like Grim was.

Wow, totally unexpected news.

I'm a bit sad (besides shocked o_O ), his drumming was one of the first things I noticed when hearing Bork, very technical yet potent.

o_O :cry:

What worries me the most now is actually Tyr's comments, about

Well, I certainly hope we will get a drummer that lives in the Oslo-area (most of the band lives in this area), otherwise the prospect of future concerts is pretty much gone....

I wasn't even going to go to the concert(s) (donations still accepted :p ), but well I would've really liked a Bork dvd with a live concert!

Buuuuu, hopefully they'll find someone in the Oslo area.

Well, best of luck to Asgeir and to Bork, keep it up, the fans are right here for both of you! :)

PS: I guess we won't see Asgeir around here anymore T.T .

:lol: No one named Trymm yet, he doesn't seem to be that popular even though he's a good drummer and blast well ad has good drum patterns.

Sure there's a lot more ov drummers but I think Bork is looking for a brutal and technical beast. Trym is more or less known, being the Emperor drummer and a very good one.

Some another names that I like too who plays on or near to Oslo (besides HH, Frost and Nick Barker) could be Dirge rep (ex-enslaved), Horgh, Adrian Erlandsson, Einar Sjursø (from Ved Buens Ende) and Carl-Michael Eide.

Jesus, just when I thought the line-up was solid and set in stone, the Borknagar curse continues and another band member is gone..... WHEN OH WHEN WILL BORKNAGAR HAVE A SET LINEUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This will be a very hard position to fill.... but I trust the other band members to pick the right replacement. I will miss Asgeir greatly

Sure there's a lot more ov drummers but I think Bork is looking for a brutal and technical beast. Trym is more or less known, being the Emperor drummer and a very good one.

Some another names that I like too who plays on or near to Oslo (besides HH, Frost and Nick Barker) could be Dirge rep (ex-enslaved), Horgh, Adrian Erlandsson, Einar Sjursø (from Ved Buens Ende) and Carl-Michael Eide.
Trym's probably not that busy these days, with his one band being on hiatus and the other being officially broken up for like 7 years now... he's know more for his brutal and chaotic style but if his work on Prometheus is any indication, he's fucking good all over.
:worship: