News for the IMG website

Wonky...

The frame on the right doesn't open up. I have to drag the frame open myself.

Hmmm... That wasn't too clear...

Left frame: 0%
Right frame: 100%

This sure ain't my brightest moment...

Just to let ya know EC. :)

Well, since I started this nit-picking, I may as well continue it...:p

1) The left menu doesn't fit on my screen. I use 800x600 resolution. I have to highlight the menu image and drag it down to be able to see the lower links.

2) Got this JavaScript error:
Line: 42
Column: 15
Error: "document.MM_nbOver.length" is not an object
Code: 0
URL: http://img.ultimatemetal.com/leftframe.htm

3) The right frame... The pages that load in it are too wide. It would be better if they scaled in relation to the width of the frame.

4) You spelled my nick wrong in Wasting Love's credits.
Swedes and Finns, they're all the same, eh? Addy, Edde, whatever, eh? :p :lol:

5) I like the way you left out some information in the musicians section. I don't consider myself as a musician really, so it's good thing there's no mention of my instrument. I just like to hang out with musicians, pretending I know something. Oh wait, that classifies me as a drummer then...:lol:

Shite, I really, really need some sleep... :lol:

Yea, there's gonna be some problems while I get the site into shape, Eddy. :lol: FortuneCity's banners ruined the site so badly that I never did test it out much while it was there, so the site's still a "beta" I guess. :lol:

I'll work on it.

Left frame not opening? That probably has to do with the page being too large for 800x600 res, I guess. I had tested the site in 800x600 here on my machine, but I usually run in 1024x768 on a 19' monitor, so the results won't be the same. Again, I'll fix it as time allows. I've got a million things going on right now and a track to finish too, but I'll get back around to it eventually. :)

As for the Javascript error....I haven't seen that one before, but I'll figure it out. :)

Sorry about the errors with your name/instrument, etc. I typed that up as fast as is possible just trying to get that page in shape a bit. I'll fix. :)

Originally posted by Eddy
No stress EC. :)

I was just fooling around dead tired so... :lol:

Like I mentioned Eddy, I'm happy to have you guys to let me know about problems on the site because I'm no web authoring expert to begin with, and don't have a lot of time to thouroghly de-bug it. :)

You'll be happy to know that I've decided to go with a format that doesn't use frames and stays within acceptable sizes for 800x600 resolution. :)

That's definately a great thing. :)

I'm 100% sure that there are lots of people using 800x600 resolution besides me. Now they won't lose their interest in this just because of the website doesn't fit their screen properly.

EC.

Couple things.

First..the files you have up there sound great...even if they do gpf my machine. (bad .wma player..not your fault.)

2nd...some of your perf notes are a bit off. For example, Hyde never played guitar on Can I play with Madness. Nitpicky..I know.

3rd...you have the karaoke version of 7th son up...yet you give props to 7th son for vox. :confused: :tickled:

..ya ya.. I know...'stop yer bitchin rabies!'

:bah:

Originally posted by rabies
EC.

Couple things.

First..the files you have up there sound great...even if they do gpf my machine. (bad .wma player..not your fault.)

2nd...some of your perf notes are a bit off. For example, Hyde never played guitar on Can I play with Madness. Nitpicky..I know.

3rd...you have the karaoke version of 7th son up...yet you give props to 7th son for vox. :confused: :tickled:

..ya ya.. I know...'stop yer bitchin rabies!'

:bah:

:lol: about that 7thSon thing! Heh, I worked on that late into the night just to get it into somewhat respectable shape for the move and I guess most of my brain was ready for bed! :lol: Well, let's just say that he sang it very, very queitly. :lol:

And Rabs, man, nitpick away! It's a great help when you guys point that kinda stuff out. It saves me time! :)

I think I just misread one of the lines in your Excel file and mixed up Pyuras with Mr. Hyde. DOH! ;)

I was hoping that the .wma files would sound good to you guys too. I am surprised at how well they turned out at 64k. I am using Sonic Foundry's Stream Anywhere program to make them. It's fast, easy and does a good job. I've been very impressed with it! It has a few EQ and normalization settings that help out too. I tried to use those sparingly though, because I didn't want to end up altering anyone's mix. Please let me know if any sound too inaccurate compared to it's original .mp3 file. On most I boosted the bass a bit, cut the overall level a bit and normailized it, and some I cut the highs a bit if the voacls sounded shrill. Digital music on the PC always tends to come out that way, so I tried to compensate somewhat. :)

Bad .wma player? Which are you using?

And Rabs, don't EVER let anyone tell ya to quit yer bitchin! :cool: