News on opeth.com

Wow, a lot of news all at once. Kinda sucks that the new album wont be released for over another year, I was kind of hoping for a late 2004, early 2005 release. Im also glad they left the little note about Mike not having enough time to do Bloodbath, to shut all the people up. OMGZ!111 LolZZ!!1 Mikel Akeurfuldt kiked outZ!!!!11ghey

I find Mikael's use of "we're" particularly cute.

like.. "Music for nations we're eager to start promoting the album, so they'd arranged for a few journalists to come down to listen to some rough mixes, and photo sessions had been arranged at location in Ripley just outside Nottingham. Since only Peter and myself we're there, the band pictures are, obviously, not complete. They told us the pictures we're for some guitar magazines only, but they we're used as promo pictures anyway."

sucks about his granny passing away .. :(

I already mentioned about that use of "we're" instead of "were" a few months ago on this board and, due to the board's tendency to bitch about everything, got flamed of course. :) Then again that probably wasn't the only thing they bitched over in the thread.

I am on the contrary. I think that it is good that they are taking their time with the next release. Of course, the wait is going to suck, but it will give them more time to come up with more material.

Illuminatixvx said:
I am on the contrary. I think that it is good that they are taking their time with the next release. Of course, the wait is going to suck, but it will give them more time to come up with more material.
did you not perhaps actually mean "...time to come up with better material"?