News about Australian tour

The Hi Fi is a great venue, as the area around the mosh pit is elevated a couple of steps so you can see the stage really well.

As for the 'no seat' policy, that's crap because like the other guy said, I've seen a comedy performance there and the place was full of seats. It had a great atmosphere as well. If Opeth wanted seats (and I doubt they would) it would be quite easy to have them.

The Hi Fi bar is the best venue in Melbourne in my opinion... Great mosh, good side vision, plenty of room at the back with the bar... it's great.

Hold on, let me get this right. Opeth...in Australia...in Melbourne...doing an underaged show? Okay somebody staple my flaps together and call me infertile!

This is awesome, plus I like Hi-Fi Bar. Does anybody know who's supporting? Or the prices/sale of tickets?

Anybody going to the underaged show want to meet up? ^_^ I'm always wanting to meet people in the metal scene, unfortunately I don't know enough.

I'm still stoked about Opeth having an underage gig. I think that's brilliant seeing as though most international bands don't bother doing under-aged shows. It's good for us minor metallers, heh.

Rock on!

Emily.

FlowerOfWinter said:
This is awesome, plus I like Hi-Fi Bar. Does anybody know who's supporting? Or the prices/sale of tickets?

Anybody going to the underaged show want to meet up? ^_^ I'm always wanting to meet people in the metal scene, unfortunately I don't know enough.
I don't think the Opeth tour has been officially announced in any street press so no one seems to know anything about supports or tickets yet.

Anyway if you want to meet other underaged people in the local metal scene then http://www.melbournemetalmusic.com.au often lists underage gigs happening around town. Um, I know other places list other underage metal gigs too but I've forgotten where, hehe.

requiem said:
As for the 'no seat' policy, that's crap because like the other guy said, I've seen a comedy performance there and the place was full of seats. It had a great atmosphere as well. If Opeth wanted seats (and I doubt they would) it would be quite easy to have them.
They might want them... from what I've seen most (or all) of the American shows with Porcupine Tree were seated, so maybe they prefer seating. Besides, there's no reason to have the show standing-only... it's not like anyone will be moshing.

I don't wanna hear that when I just bought my ticket for the morning of the 13th! :mad:

I'm sure they're working on it though, guessing just all the folk in the Hi-Fi bar aren't keep 'in the know' and 'up to the minute'. Those dates wouldn't be posted on opeth.com unless they were CONFIRMED. (Chances of things falling through after that fact are slim at best).

Judas Pissed said:
Where are the tickets on sale? I didn't think they'd be selling them till they'd officially announced the whole tour, like with fireworks and a megaphone and all that...
My AIRFARE ticket, you Bumnut! :loco:

I thought we'd already established that I was an 'out of towner' by now? :Smug: