next bands on code666

Emi said:
you'll not be disappointed, trust me... we are not going pop or soft or commercial, we are going to be even more original, brave and fearless...

This new direction interests me greatly! :) At the moment code666 is easily amongst my favourite labels because of the consistent quality of your bands, and the fact that if a band is signed to you I don't have to worry about either their direction or originality (i.e. they are not just some rip-off of a far larger band out to make some money ;) ).

Do you think this will continue, or do you plan on signing less unusal and innovative bands to rid yourself of the "cult black metal" label? :) If not, what direction do you see yourself going in? Away from cult black metal, obviously, but where towards? :)

:dopey:

Russell said:
This new direction interests me greatly! :) At the moment code666 is easily amongst my favourite labels because of the consistent quality of your bands, and the fact that if a band is signed to you I don't have to worry about either their direction or originality (i.e. they are not just some rip-off of a far larger band out to make some money ;) ).

Do you think this will continue, or do you plan on signing less unusal and innovative bands to rid yourself of the "cult black metal" label? :) If not, what direction do you see yourself going in? Away from cult black metal, obviously, but where towards? :)

:dopey:

the goal is to sign MORE unusual and innovative bands and just keep a couple of more "TRADITIONAL" bands, BUT those new strange bands will come from very different scenes and backgrounds, of course I will still and always do also black-Metal related projects, but I want to start working with different styles also, different attitudes, different scenes, different sounds.

Emi said:
the goal is to sign MORE unusual and innovative bands and just keep a couple of more "TRADITIONAL" bands, BUT those new strange bands will come from very different scenes and backgrounds, of course I will still and always do also black-Metal related projects, but I want to start working with different styles also, different attitudes, different scenes, different sounds.

:hotjump:That's what I was hoping to hear ;)

Emi said:

Uhmmm... "different style, different scene"... but what kind of
difference? Which type of sound you will want to explore with the
new code666 works?
Metal, industrial, techno, Ebm, dark/ambient, dark rock....simply rock?
I hope these sounds will be however obscure...

Rc-VoS said:
Uhmmm... "different style, different scene"... but what kind of
difference? Which type of sound you will want to explore with the
new code666 works?
Metal, industrial, techno, Ebm, dark/ambient, dark rock....simply rock?
I hope these sounds will be however obscure...

expecially all types of sound which are impossible to define :) expecially bands without a clear background or genre, this means bands not playing ANYHTING heard before and who don't care to be considered dark, metal, rock or WHATEVER.

Reactions: Jo
Of the 3 Irish bands mentioned above, only Belinus have a website - www.belinus.com

Arcane Sun split up a couple of years ago, but their unreleased 2nd album (which was supposed to come out through the German label, Ars Metalli before it went under) would certainly fit Code666, in my opinion...

Geasa have just released a new CD, "Fates Lost Son", which features their classic "Starside" demo from 96 + some new songs. Michele, you can check the interview with them in Metalworks to find out more ;) Oh yeah, they've also recorded a new full-length and are looking for a label to release it ;)

Another Irish band, and perhaps the most suited to the label in my opinion is Scald - www.scald.co.uk They're almost finished the recording of a new album!

Yet another is Lunar Gate (no website, once again)...

Another still - Waylander - www.metalprovider.com/waylander

Emi, if you'd like to hear any of the above, I'll be happy to copy them for you... Michele has my e-mail address...

Emi:

I think Death Angel the San Francisco Bay Area legends would be an awesome addition to your label.

They are currently looking for a deal and these guys have a very impressive catalog and awesome dedicated fan base. A totally brutal live act, they are also quirky enough to fit your Code666 roster of bands.

http://www.death-angel.com/

This is a news item from today's Blabbermouth report:

DEATH ANGEL: In Songwriting Mode - May 1, 2003
Reunited Bay Area metallers DEATH ANGEL have commenced the songwriting process for their new album, tentatively due in late 2003/early 2004 through an as-yet-undetermined label. "Right now the songs we're working on are very fast and powerful, there are a lot of changes in them," frontman Mark Osegueda told Russia's Darkside in a recent interview. "We're working on more powerful songs because we want people to know that we're back for real, but by the time we actually record an album, I'm sure that we're gonna have acoustic stuff and everything we want. One thing we're always very proud of is how we can add to songs as much as we possibly could. We always wanna be able to do our own thing and express ourselves the way we want to."

The band, who were previously signed to Geffen and Enigma labels, are seeking a record company to release their next album. However, as Osegueda points out, they're not necessarily looking to align themselves with the biggest company or accept the largest advance for their much-anticipated comeback effort.

"We're still in the early negotiations stage, labels are now approaching us and stuff, we're taking our time right now and writing songs, and we're gonna take our time to see who's got the best deal offered," Mark explained. "It's not necessarily the biggest deal, but we want to get a label that will be the most into us, that will pay attention to us and really wanna be behind us."

DEATH ANGEL have just completed the European 2003 No Mercy Festivals Tour. The two-week trek, which concluded on April 21 in Tilburg, Netherlands, also included appearances by TESTAMENT, MARDUK, NUCLEAR ASSAULT, DIE APOKALYPTISCHEN REITER, PRO-PAIN, MALEVOLENT CREATION and DARKANE.

Hi jedifart. It's nice to see someone else who recognizes the magnificence of the underrated Irish scene.
jedifart said:
Of the 3 Irish bands mentioned above, only Belinus have a website - http://www.belinus.com
I believe Acheron Records signed the Belinus demo for distribution, but the band is currently looking for a label. A review of the demo can be found at www.appropriateapocalypse.com
Arcane Sun split up a couple of years ago, but their unreleased 2nd album (which was supposed to come out through the German label, Ars Metalli before it went under) would certainly fit Code666, in my opinion...
I agree. I've heard one song from the second album, and it is fantastic. Their debut is still my favorite album I own.
Geasa have just released a new CD, "Fates Lost Son", which features their classic "Starside" demo from 96 + some new songs. Michele, you can check the interview with them in Metalworks to find out more ;) Oh yeah, they've also recorded a new full-length and are looking for a label to release it ;)
I just received 'Fate's Lost Son' this moring from Sentinel Ireland mailorder. It is bloody exquisite. I love this band. I believe Geasa and Primordial sare the same drummer. Or at least they used to.
Another Irish band, and perhaps the most suited to the label in my opinion is Scald - www.scald.co.uk They're almost finished the recording of a new album!
I keep hearing how brilliant Scald is, but I haven't heard them.

Emi, I agree with jedifart that Geasa, Belinus, and Arcane Sun's unreleased album would fit nicely with code666, seeing how the label is known for it's innovative music.

I believe Acheron Records signed the Belinus demo for distribution, but the band is currently looking for a label
Indeed they did... they were the 'exclusive distributors' of it.. and they are indeed looking for a label. However, they've had some line-up troubles lately I believe, so this might hold them back :(

I agree. I've heard one song from the second album, and it is fantastic.
I take it you've heard the In Unison compilation then? Great CD :) If you'd like a CD-R copy of the 2nd AS album, mail me + we'll arrange something...

I just received 'Fate's Lost Son' this moring from Sentinel Ireland mailorder. It is bloody exquisite. I love this band. I believe Geasa and Primordial sare the same drummer. Or at least they used to.
You order off Sentinel? Excellent... it's good to know they're getting orders from overseas these days :) Or are you Irish?? It's true that both bands share a drummer... Simon Ó Laoghaire was a member of Geasa, even before he joined Primordial :)

I keep hearing how brilliant Scald is, but I haven't heard them.
Well, they've a new album coming out VERY soon, so that'll be your chance ;)

jedifart said:
Indeed they did... they were the 'exclusive distributors' of it.. and they are indeed looking for a label. However, they've had some line-up troubles lately I believe, so this might hold them back :(

Yeah, I heard they were having line-up troubles. Hopefully these problems won't slow them down.

I take it you've heard the In Unison compilation then? Great CD :) If you'd like a CD-R copy of the 2nd AS album, mail me + we'll arrange something...

Yep. :D That CD introduced me to many Irish bands.

I've tried to contact Paul Kearns to ask for a burned copy, but I don't think the email address I used is still active.

You order off Sentinel? Excellent... it's good to know they're getting orders from overseas these days :) Or are you Irish??

Red blooded American. I couldn't find any mailorders in the States that carried 'Fate's Lost Son' or Mourning Beloveth's newest album, so I ordered from Sentinel. I had my CD's within 2 weeks. Not bad at all for an overseas order.

It's true that both bands share a drummer... Simon Ó Laoghaire was a member of Geasa, even before he joined Primordial :)

OK, I knew I had heard that somewhere. code666 has a Primordial connection with Alan joining Void of Silence.

Well, they've a new album coming out VERY soon, so that'll be your chance ;)

I will certainly look into this band. All I hear is praise for them.

:)

Yep. :D That CD introduced me to many Irish bands.
Great! There are about 6 photos of me on that bloody inlay :ill:

I've tried to contact Paul Kearns to ask for a burned copy, but I don't think the email address I used is still active.
Try: paul.kearns@ie.acnielsen.com However, I don't think he has a CD burner... I might be wrong though ;)

I couldn't find any mailorders in the States that carried 'Fate's Lost Son' or Mourning Beloveth's newest album, so I ordered from Sentinel. I had my CD's within 2 weeks. Not bad at all for an overseas order.
Yes, they're efficient + greatly dedicated Metalheads :) Best friends of mine too ;)

You seem to know your Irish Metal... great :D Have you checked out www.metalireland or www.metalworksmagazine.com (my mag :)) yet?

jedifart said:
Great! There are about 6 photos of me on that bloody inlay :ill:

:lol: Weren't you in a band at one time? Or are you still in a band?

Try: paul.kearns@ie.acnielsen.com However, I don't think he has a CD burner... I might be wrong though ;)

THat's OK. I might take you up on your offer of burning me a copy. :)

You seem to know your Irish Metal... great :D Have you checked out www.metalireland or www.metalworksmagazine.com (my mag :)) yet?

Yeah, I know the Irish and Austrian scenes quite well. I'm now trying to get up to speed with the growing noisecore scene in the States. Cruachan was my start with Irish metal, and then I got Waylander, Geasa, Arcane Sun, etc.

I've been to Metal Ireland a few times and post every once in a while under the name Dreamlord1.

I haven't seen your mag yet, but I'm going to right now. :Spin:

I knew you had played with one of the Irish bands I listen to. :)

Thanks. I'll take you up on the offer for the Arcane Sun CD. Hopefully a strong underground Italian label *hint, hint* will release some day.

Oh, I've been looking into Scald reviews. Looks like Relapse is suppose to have some of their CD's in stock, so I'll probably buy some soon.