next bands on code666

wellcome Florian, nice to see you here. can't wait to hear the new Ordo Draconis promo...

Russell: I've heard they signed with the End after few albums on Dark Symphonies... but maybe I'm wrong

ahaha... so my spy was wrong...

BTW: for all our A&R out there: we appreciate A LOT your suggestions, and we are taking care of ALL the bands you are proposing, BUT bear in mind that what we are REALLY looking for is a band playing something quite different from what is considered "code666".
We are not refusing at all our roots, but we would like to expand ourselves in some different areas, think about bands like CULT OF LUNA, BREACH or NEUROSIS to get an idea...
the best would be an unholy mix of Dark Throne :devil: with Queens Of The Stone Age
dozey.gif
(really!)

the best would be an unholy mix of Dark Throne
firedevil.gif
with Queens Of The Stone Age
dozey.gif
(really!)__________________

in that case, you should try to release the Dave Grohl PROBOT project ... which it seems it never will see the light of day, even though it is completed.

REALLY!!! :)

Hi Emi & Michele!

I've got a few suggestions for artists that might be of interest of you (to try) to sign to your awesome label.

Svein Egil Hatlevik (Aphrodisiac, DHG aka Dødheimsgard, Fleurety). I am releasing his solo-debut 7"ep Black Necrotic Obfuscation in a few weeks time through my label Benighted Mirror. This release is not for the closed minded but it will prove an interesting listen for the open minded. It will feature Blashemer (Mayhem) on (guest)guitar. This is weird geek music with some interesting & beautiful sounds & some light noise. Alas, I can not go into too much detail yet for the recordings have not yet been finished and I have not heard the final version.

I will send you a copy of the EP as soon as it is finished so perhaps you can offer him a deal for a full-lenght which my label can not afford at the moment.

The next artist that I could suggest to you is scharminkel . scharminkel's music is weird sometimes very Ars Subtilior (= classical medieval music from around the late 14th, early 15th centurary) in structure which results in very strange & unusual time signatures and measures. Very (structually) dynamic creating a very unsetteling and very difficult but highly interesting listen. I can safely state that scharminkel's music is completely unique and orginal and that you have heard nothing like it.
A CD-R release is schedueled (through Benighted Mirror)for as soon as the material is declared finished by scharminkel, which could be a while. The artwork will be unique and very impressive as well.

The next artist that I can suggest to you is Neoid. Neoid creates strange tekk-noise-ambient (this does description does not do the music justice), combining the rough harsh beats as can be heard in for example Converter and combining it with a ambient like sound as can be heard in the soundtrack of the old Super Nintendo game Metroid 3. This is also very interesting music and I have (once again) a 7" ep scheduled to be released. The 7" will be entitled repression and will feature 2 songs "repression" & "memory's ruin"

None of my words do the artists or their music juistice and only their music does so it should be heard before opinions are formed about it. However, should my incomplete (and somewhat inaccurate) descriptions have peeked your interest I advise you to contact me at benighted_mirror@yahoo.com

To suggest a few artists that are not on captured in the reflection of my empty mirror.

If you could get Charmand Grimloch to do something with Tartaros once again that would be cool.
Another suggestion, although perhaps not entirely fitting with Code666 would be the Finnish doomsters' Unholy. They recorded a promo after the album Gracefallen which suposedly has taken a step away from Doom Metal and perhaps more in to the alley of Code666. Atleast Unholy are unique and bizarre (and they have a huge fanbase).

Alhough they are defunct now they might still reform if they get a contract. Their website can be found here: http://wwnet.fi/UNHOLY/

Well these are all the suggestions that I have time for at them moment.

kind regards,

your loyal Code666 supporter,

vincent

Ps. The new Manes sounds pretty cool!!! Keep up the good work!!!

PPs. Esoteric would also fit very well I think with code666. You should seriously check them out if you don't know them for they are truly magic! www.bereft.co.uk

Just looking at this thread and others like it here on UM, I came to realize how many great talented bands are out there in the world.

I think the music scene is the best it has ever been, with a lot of phenomenal talent. All the bands nowadays seem to be "good" ... When I grew up in the 80's there was half shit / half great. Now everyone seems to have talent.

That being said, it must be very difficult to choose bands for your label and to market them the right way and to the right people.

Fans I think are really open minded for the most part also today. Much more than say 10 years ago. It is certainly a great time to be an underground music fan!!!

Ebullition, you have a crystal ball... UNHOLY are my TOP favourite band of ALL TIME, and I've tried to sign 'em since the very beginning of code666 in 1999. when they leaved Avantgarde music I was quite sure to get 'em, but unfortunately they had some bigger offers from bigger labels (like Relapse for example) so they decided to negoziate with 'em. after months of endless, tiring, boring and useless negoziations they didn't find a deal with Relapse, so they split up. I've tried like 100000 times to convince to reform, I've done everyhting but it seems that the band is dead forever:cry:

ESOTERIC are another GREAT band, but they are too expensive compared to the sales, doing a band like that is like being sure to loose money, and even if i would like to release great bands no matter if they sell or not, I'm not in the position to do that now, because I'll go bankrupt in 3 months if I loose the "business direction".

the band you are suggesting are very interesting "on paper" I would like to hear 'em if possible, so send me a promo or a cd-r ok?

Lurch70: I did not agree with you... people is not open mind, or maybe, there are a lot of open mind fans, but they DON'T BUY UNDERGROUND RECORDS. instead of supporting the quality bands and labels, most of 'em are downloading our music for free from Winmix and keep buying only the "BIG" bands, which is so stupid...

Emi,

Your promo of ASTRIAAL [AUS] "Renascent Misanthropy" is in the mail!

Sasrof - you will get yours very shortly... Anyword on that split 7", hahaha...

SUPPORT THE SONIK WAR

www.astriaal.com

Emi - have you heard Forgotten Tomb? they are from Italy... Very good release, if a little repetitive.. Katatonia meets Burzum...

Someother suggestions for what might be fitting with Code666:

Devil Doll although it has been silent around the illusive Mr. Doctor for many years now, Devil Doll is one of the highlights I think when it comes to non-metal bands that do address a Black Metal audience. His music is so very creepy and holds a interesting listen (which requires listen experience). He still has 900minutes(!) left from the recording session of the Dies Irea album, so even if you can't get him to do a new album you might be able to get some material from that area. Which, I think was his most interesting album. It was recorded with the Italian State Orchestra and is really a soundtrack of your nightmare.

Even if you are not interesting in signing this you should pick up the album for your personal collection.

You could try to get Lunar Aurora on your label, musicly I think they now sound like progressive necro metal, they have 2 new releases plannend within the coming months but I think they are always writing material. Inforamation can be found here www.lunaraurora.de

They certainly stepout of the "normal" genre of Black Metal with style and tallent! a unique band I think!

Well, these are my suggestions for now, I'll proably remeber some other things as well. Sadly I know only (well)established bands and so little fresh and new underground bands who have talent and do strange things musicly. :(

Blacktalion: I know Forgotten Tomb, they are already signed with Selbstmord (swe), they are good, but not TOP in my opinion
Ebullition: Lunar Aurora asked us many times to sign 'em, but in the end they still lack something in my ears...

i think they are a good band, really. but I believe they won't fit with code666 future plans. I want to bring the label to another level, I'm happy for what we've done until now, but in 2003 and 2004 i really want to improve and change a bit our target, i hate to be considered just a "Cult Black Metal Label", my goal is to open to different styles and be a lot more "open" than before... maybe we'll be forced to drop some of our old bands (because we can't manage to have more than 15-16 bands)... we'll see...

It sounds interesting the way you just described the plans for the future of Code666. It's very good that you are trying to be progressive and are willing to drop a few bands that (no longer) fit with the label, more labels should do that!

Well you are moving into a new direction with the new Manes already and I must say, if that release is representative of what the future will bring, that I like the way it is heading.

But still, even if it turns into something that I don't like than I give you my respect for changing and not stagnate but rather try to evolve and grow! I wish you the very best of luck with it! :)