NFL ... your picks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 25, 2004
Wow, I just noticed you guys aren't talking about football this year.... but anyways ... We'll I won 5 out of 7 bets this weekend not including monday's game because not sure if I'll bet that one or skip it yet. Anyways my wins and losses below on the regular pointspread:

Won

1. Baltimore -9
2. Cleveland - 4 1/2
3. Jacksonville - 6 1/2
4. New England - 5 1/2
5. New Orleans + 5 1/2

Lost

1. Chicago - 4 1/2
2. Oakland + 9 1/2

I've been playing one of the Yahoo pick 'em games & I'm getting my ass kicked trying to pick the games straight up. It serves to remind me that I should not attempt to bet on football.
Tons of crazy upsets this year... lots of parity in the league.

I don't often bet on football, though I follow both Pro and SEC football pretty religiously. I can't speak for Hawk personally, but I am sure if we can keep the football posts down to just a few posts and everyone remains civil, we can talk about football here. We do need the activity.
Having said that, last year there were some heated stuff that became bad. We don't need that this year. I am in no means blaming you, nor anyone else in particular. In fact, I was in the conversation as well as best I can remember. If we keep it cool, I am sure we can talk a little about it.
The Pats are bad-ass !! The Steelers are also under the radar... lookout for them my brother. The Packers are also no slouches. I rarely compliment an NFC team, but their defense can step up whenever needed and be pretty dominant. They are a dark horse for me to win the SB. If you don't believe me, watch them..... Favre HAS struggled this year at times and that defense has put on a freaking show.

Bryant

Wow, I just noticed you guys aren't talking about football this year.... but anyways ... We'll I won 5 out of 7 bets this weekend not including monday's game because not sure if I'll bet that one or skip it yet. Anyways my wins and losses below on the regular pointspread:

Won

1. Baltimore -9
2. Cleveland - 4 1/2
3. Jacksonville - 6 1/2
4. New England - 5 1/2
5. New Orleans + 5 1/2

Lost

1. Chicago - 4 1/2
2. Oakland + 9 1/2

Having said that, last year there were some heated stuff that became bad. We don't need that this year. I am in no means blaming you, nor anyone else in particular. In fact, I was in the conversation as well as best I can remember. If we keep it cool, I am sure we can talk a little about it.

I don't remember any arguments. I guess I must of missed them or ignored them. I wasn't involved in them. Though I'm a Colts and Ravens fan when it comes to football betting through a bookie I'm not any teams' fan. I keep my "fanboyism" separate from my betting so as not to cloud my judgement on which team can cover the pointspread or not. In other words.. I don't care who win or loses the game as long as you cover the spread and make me $$.. :lol:

That being said, I don't bet on any game the involves the Steelers. I always get burnt on those. I'm Steelers phobic as well as Jets/Giants phobic for same reason. All other teams I bet on as you can see from my picks for this past weekend.

Corrupted Innocence, we discuss things here in Old School that are more then just music like football or other sports... most of us in this forum are older so we tend to have other interests other then metal music... like football...

Anyways Bryant if you think about it i see a football game as a violent real game of Chess being played out... beauty in a violent way...

What the hell happened to the Saints? Compared to last year, they seem like a different team. Notwithstanding their last game, that they finally won.

The Colts and the Pats are the elite teams again this year.

Will the Dolphins win a game this year?

I think The Saints offensive line played over their head last year. Opposing defenses have been all over Drew Brees this year. Even if they weren't in his face, they were clogging the passing lanes. Drew is only 6'0" and an "average offensive lineman is 6'4." Without being able to create passing lanes, Brees can't see the receivers. Lastly, The Saints sometimes forget that the "real" MVP of the team has been Deuce McAllister. While his yards weren't huge last year, I couldn't tell you how many rushes/catches he made last year on third down that resulted in a first down. He has never been an explosive player, but he was always a clutch player that made plays when he was needed. Now he is out for the season.

The Pats look incredible. There are hardly any weaknesses on that team. If any team can beat them it would be The Steelers, Chargers or The Vikings simply because the Patriots have ancient linebackers and The Steelers Willie Parker, The Vikings Adrian Peterson and The Chargers Michael Turner (yes the back-up) are three of the fastest runningbacks in the league and their speed MIGHT could wear those guys out if they can force the LBs to constantly run all over the field. Having said that, I doubt the Vikings pass defense could withstand The Patriots offense long enough for that Minnesota running game to get going.
The Colts flew under the radar last year because they started running the ball, and playing better defense as opposed to just lighting the scoreboard up and outscoring everyone else. What did that accomplish for them ? A Superbowl championship. The Pats look better on paper, but The Colts are a team to deal with.

I think the Dolphins have too much talent on defense not to win a few games, but they are certainly underachieving so far.

Bryant

What the hell happened to the Saints? Compared to last year, they seem like a different team. Notwithstanding their last game, that they finally won.

The Colts and the Pats are the elite teams again this year.

Will the Dolphins win a game this year?

Here's my wins and losses as of Sunday the 21st and not including Monday's game (and the pointspreads i bought):

Wins:

Giants -9
Buffalo +3
New England -16
Dallas -9
Seattle -8

Losses:

Washington -8
New Orleans -8

Hey Bryant,

The Saints are on a 4 game win streak. They're starting to look like the Saints of last year.

Who is worse? The Dolphins or the Rams?

Will the Cowboys be going to the Superbowl this year? Or will Romo sabotage his team in the playoffs again?

Brees and The Saints offense has come alive. The NFC South will be determined by who plays better..... Brees or Garcia.

I was expecting The Pats to blow away Indy in that game, but to be honest, if that game were played ten times, The Colts would win seven of those.

The Dolphins are horrible. St. Lious will get Jackson back.

Bryant

Hey Bryant,

The Saints are on a 4 game win streak. They're starting to look like the Saints of last year.

Who is worse? The Dolphins or the Rams?

Will the Cowboys be going to the Superbowl this year? Or will Romo sabotage his team in the playoffs again?

I was expecting The Pats to blow away Indy in that game,.

Bryant
I was going to bet the Colts as underdogs at + 5 1/2 to cover but my betting partner whom I have a joint account with convince me otherwise and we skipped betting the game.. she wanted to bet NE and i wanted to bet Colts based on my analyzation... needless to say the Colts covered the pointspread... :cry:

my wins and losses for this past weekend and tonight (weird games.. alot of upsets imo):

Wins

Seattle -9
Greenbay - 5 1/2
Buffalo - 2 1/2
Cleveland + 10

Losses

Ohio State - 15
Tennessee - 5
New Orleans - 10 1/2
Detroit + 2
Indianapolis - 3

Carolina @ Green Bay - 9.5...... Green Bay covers. The Green Bay defense is outstanding this year. They were the only team to shut down Peterson so far this year. Favre is having one of his best years as well. This might be a slaughter.

KC @ Indy - 14.5.... Indy covers this one. This will be the first start for second year QB Brodie Croyle. Croyle came from a great football college, Alabama, but this IS his first start. I think you can expect a couple of interceptions.

Cleveland @ Baltimore + 3..... tough one to pick, but I say Baltimore upsets Cleveland. The Browns had only about 150 yeards of total offense against The Steelers last week and scored 28 points with the help of big special teams screw-ups and turnovers by Pittsburgh. Cleveland is better than almost anyone coulod have predicted, but Billick will play Boller this week and I think Baltimore will pull this out.

New Orleans @ Houston - Even.... Houston has a very underrated QB in Schaub, but what else do they have ? The Saints pissed their game away last week, yet came close to coming back from about 200 points down. Brees will have 350 yards passing. They will destroy Houston.

Bryant

GB only shut down Peterson by injuring him! Green Bay's been overachieving all year, but Carolina's really horrible. Surprised that the spread is only 9.5 in GB

KC / Indy - both teams have major injury problems. KC's offense is a trainwreck & the defense has been shaky recently, so it could be a blowout.

Cle / Balt - Billick's job is in serious jeopardy, so maybe he'll open up the offense.

Hey All...

I haven't been here in a while and last time here I was under the impression that football talk was not allowed.... But as long as it's going on let me throw out some simple praise for my boys and jump in on the picks in a bit..
(I hit for $1500 on a 3 team parlay w/ The Jets, Pats & Cards)

Get ready for the 72 Dolphins to get alot healthier because they won't be drinking champagne or smoking cigars after this season because the Pats will go undefeated this year!!!!!

Hey Bryant, How are things bro??

Status
Not open for further replies.