NFL ... your picks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stated in my first post of this thread that we need to keep things civil and football talk was stopped last year because things weren't. I am not going to take sides or pass any blame, but I will simply say if someone else gets out of place toward you, just ignore them. Hawk is not trying to be the net police and it is ok to rib someone a little if your team beats theirs etc. but be respectable here as this forum is held to a higher standard than most and the members of this forum like it that way.

Bryant

Ok the both of you TONE DOWN. Especially T_man.
I get sick and tired of telling you to react respectfully.

I now have my eye on you and want you to cool it down.

Consider yourself warned for the last time.

Hawk
UMOS Moderator
Did I miss a meeting or something?? Hey Hawk, I've been nothing but respectful especially when dealing with you I feel as though I've showed you the respect deserved for what you give people..(Which is quite a bit!!)

But where in the hell was the disrespect in that reply?? I mean isn't this...
No they won't.
a violation of "Rule #2" Of your Code of Conduct sticky??

And how about this for a reply..
Talk to me at the end of the season you obnoxious cunt.
Seems to me this comment has violation of "Rule #1" written all over it!!

If you're friends with this guy and are trying to protect him fine...But if not your above post is WAAAAAYYYYY off base for what I wrote..

If you don't like or agree with this post I'm sorry... But it's as polite as I can be.

T

Did I miss a meeting or something?? Hey Hawk, I've been nothing but respectful especially when dealing with you I feel as though I've showed you the respect deserved for what you give people..(Which is quite a bit!!)

But where in the hell was the disrespect in that reply?? I mean isn't this...

a violation of "Rule #2" Of your Code of Conduct sticky??

And how about this for a reply..
Seems to me this comment has violation of "Rule #1" written all over it!!

If you're friends with this guy and are trying to protect him fine...But if not your above post is WAAAAAYYYYY off base for what I wrote..

If you don't like or agree with this post I'm sorry... But it's as polite as I can be.

T

Well, I guess it your biting sarcasm that gets people. I know he violated a few rules as well. But you know people have been up in arm about your sarcasm before so I wanted to address that first.

Just leave off the sarcasm and you be fine... I hope ;)
What do you think? Can you do that?

Just leave off the sarcasm and you be fine... I hope ;)What do you think? Can you do that?

I honestly don't think I should have too.. I made a comment directed at nobody in particular and his comment added absolutely nothing to what I had written (Can we at least agree on that??) I never swore at him or called him names I simply wrote what he had already made crystal clear with that remark...Am I wrong??

Don't get the wrong idea Hawk... You've never been nothing but decent to me and I truly do appreciate it!! And like I said earlier if this guy is your friend than I understand where your directed anger at me came from.. But re read the exchanged posts and honestly tell me that mine are worse than his..

Anyway Hawk, with your blessing I'd like to drop this subject and continue the discussion with the people who would like to talk about NFL Football and who if replied to my comment would've expounded a little further than
No they won't.

I guess what I'm asking is are we good?? Can we consider this ridiculous batch of posts dropped?

Hoping we are good...

T

Oh yes they will that team is on a mission to destroy!!! not like my sorry ass Chargers heheee... just wait to see what they'll do to the Jets :heh: can't wait for that one!!!!!!

Flavio.. What's happening bro??

Well despite picking the Jags for most of the year..I figured the Chargers had a season turning game last week and took them over J-Ville (Bad idea!!)
What's the feeling like in San Diego??
I mean even though they're not doing all that well they're still in competition for their division.. And if they make the playoffs and all of a sudden put it together we could quite possibly see Pats vs. Chargers II

Anyway I hope everything is cool with you bro... And Happy Thanksgiving!!

Don't pay him no mind... he wandered out of his forum where people care what he says...
U.F.M. How are you doing up to this point in the season?? You up?? Down??even??

I had a good week this past but am only up $200 at this point and time (ALOT better than the horrific beating I took last year!!)

Who do you like this week?? I'm still reading and contemplating at this time but will post my picks before Thurs..

I stated in my first post of this thread that we need to keep things civil and football talk was stopped last year because things weren't. I am not going to take sides or pass any blame, but I will simply say if someone else gets out of place toward you, just ignore them. Hawk is not trying to be the net police and it is ok to rib someone a little if your team beats theirs etc. but be respectable here as this forum is held to a higher standard than most and the members of this forum like it that way.

Bryant

Thanks buddy. I appreciate it. :)

U.F.M. How are you doing up to this point in the season?? You up?? Down??even??

I had a good week this past but am only up $200 at this point and time (ALOT better than the horrific beating I took last year!!)

Who do you like this week?? I'm still reading and contemplating at this time but will post my picks before Thurs..

I'm up for the season so far. And much like you I got beaten to a pulp last year but last year I wasn't thinking straight due to personal tragedy and other things in my life. My wins, losses etc. for this past weekend/Monday (I haven't analyzed anything for upcoming games.):

Wins:

Green Bay - 9 1/2
St. Louis - 3
New England - 16

Losses:

Indianapolis - 14 1/2
Dallas - 11
Tennessee + 1 1/2 (I wanted to skip this game but my partner wanted to make the bet and I let her. Of course I was right to skip it and regret I didn't use my veto power now)

Push:

Cleveland - 3

Flavio.. What's happening bro??

Well despite picking the Jags for most of the year..I figured the Chargers had a season turning game last week and took them over J-Ville (Bad idea!!)
What's the feeling like in San Diego??
I mean even though they're not doing all that well they're still in competition for their division.. And if they make the playoffs and all of a sudden put it together we could quite possibly see Pats vs. Chargers II

Anyway I hope everything is cool with you bro... And Happy Thanksgiving!!

Hey T_man!!! lately way too much crying here in S.D. :lol: i'm used to ups & downs with my team but the only thing i can't understand is why Norv Turner??? maybe the worst move in our recent history,not to mention Ryan Leaf hehehe, but other than that i hope the showdown between the Chargers vs Broncos on xmas eve will decide the afc west
Oh well if we do make it to the playoffs by winning the division ,i hope we host a wild card game and if we survive i guess with the worst record it might happen S.D. vs N.E.II
Happy holliday Brother!!

I'm more than likely going to go with these picks...

Thanksgiving Games:

Jets +14 1/2
Lions + 3 1/2 $100 parlay (I may throw in an over/under)

Sunday's Games:

N.Y. Giants -7
Texans +3 1/2
Over 50 1/2 (Pats vs. Eagles) I'm either going to 3 team parlay or tease this bet... If I tease it I'll probably knock 22pts the Pats are giving down to 12 and drop the O/U

Who is your standout bet this week?? I like the Texans quite a bit this week .. Good luck this week bro!!

I'm up for the season so far. And much like you I got beaten to a pulp last year but last year I wasn't thinking straight due to personal tragedy and other things in my life. My wins, losses etc. for this past weekend/Monday (I haven't analyzed anything for upcoming games

eeeeek weeeek (not including monday's game yet):

wins:

Indy - 12 1/2
Oakland + 4 1/2
Minnesota + 7 1/2
Seattle - 3

Losses:

NY Jets + 14 (didn't want to bet the dogs but my partner convinced me otherwise and I was right)

Buffalo + 8 1/2
Arizona - 10
New England - 24 (i'm sure the bookies cleaned up on this one because everyone bet NE pretty much)

I lost the first two Thanksgiving games on a parlay...But got to the plus side with Indy that night.. Then took a pounding thanks to the Jets, Ravens & Texans on a 3 team teaser.. Believe it or not because the spread went to 24pts I took Philly + the 24 with the over for a small parlay and now am not down nearly as much as I would be going into tonight...Which I like Miami + 16 1/2 with the under 40 1/2

eeeeek weeeek (not including monday's game yet):

wins:

Indy - 12 1/2
Oakland + 4 1/2
Minnesota + 7 1/2
Seattle - 3

Losses:

NY Jets + 14 (didn't want to bet the dogs but my partner convinced me otherwise and I was right)

Buffalo + 8 1/2
Arizona - 10
New England - 24 (i'm sure the bookies cleaned up on this one because everyone bet NE pretty much)

Sean Taylor #21
Safety
Washington Redskins

R.I.P.!!

You will be missed!! My thoughts and prayers are with your family!!

r2613590342.jpg

Everyone who reads this thread knows The Patriots are my team... Bar none!!

But that being said....The pass interference call for Ben Watson was one of the most bogus calls I've ever seen on Monday Night!!!
I mean yes there was contact after 5 yards.. But he didn't get mugged or anything!! With the game on the line and it being such a evenly played game the Ravens got hosed with that one.... It was too bad they lost their composure towards the end... Though I can see why..

I'd love to know what Rodney Harrison said to Billick on the sideline!!

Next victim the Steelers.... And unfortnatelty for them they are going to be the whipping boy for the short weeks worth of punishment that Belichick is going to inflict upon the Pats!!

That aside.... The Patriots took another step towards the undefeated season that we all know is coming!!!!!:kickass::headbang:

I haven't really done any betting this year. I am more a student of ther game than a gambler. I do like to make picks, though. I guess that is about the same thing except that I don't make or lose money. I apologize that I haven't been on this thread.... or even forum much lately. I have been super busy this year.

I will try and get back on here later and make my picks for this week though T-man

Bryant

Status
Not open for further replies.