NFL!!!

T_man357

Locked & Loaded
Jan 7, 2004
U.S.A.
web.archive.org
I have to be honest, I don't give a shit who sings, plays guitar or dances for Anthrax!! The band is over and the sideshow has been going on for years now....... That being said I figure I'll go with what I know.

THRAXX!! You crazy black hole living bastard!! How are things in Oaktown?
Is Al going to get exposed for that awful first round pick this year? Or is Heyward-Bey going to be the steal of the draft?? (Though the steal to me looks to be Crabtree falling to #10) I mean why get Russell a BIG target when a small lesser skilled guy is on the board?!? ;) Looks like it's going to be a fun year in Oakland, kind of sad too since I always seem to say this but.... They really do have talent on that team...Just no one to put it all together.

And I'm sure once again Dallas will be overhyped by the media and crowned Super Bowl Champs before the preseason even begins.. Only thing different this time is that Romo won't be thinking about how HOTT Jessica Simpson is and where else he can bang her... That alone should make him a better focused QB (Well, that and the fact that he had his cancer removed and shipped to Buffalo, By the way.....Thank you for that:))

There has been virtually no talk about the Pats or Brady at all, and I live here!!
I don't know if it's cause of the tragedies that have been occurring or if it truly is just a non story?? But I will be interested in seeing how Brady comes back from something this severe (Especially with the Cassel going to the Chiefs)

The Steelers..... Honestly, who gives a shit!! They have the easiest schedule in the NFL this year and won't be getting back to the SB so no need in talking about them:erk:

Michael Vick.. See above ^ Dudes been a media creation his entire career!!! He has all the QB talent of Roseanne Barr!!! He could be the next Barry Sanders if a team shows some sack and makes the fragile Sally a RB.. Even if it 's off the bench...But again... Who gives a shit!!!:puke:

As always looking forward to a monster season (Where the Pats win it all!!:headbang:)

R.I.P. Steve McNair:cry:
R.I.P. Arturo Gatti:cry:
R.I.P. Vernon Forrest:cry:

Hey T Man you forgot to bash the Chargers bro!!!!!
And i do feel the same way Thraxx a lot of great talent in Oakland let's hope for the best for the sake of the Division!!!
I'm Ready!!!!!!

Wacco for Flacco !!! GO RAVENS !!!

RIP JIM JOHNSON - Philly Fans must really be sad today. :(

Where the hell have you been?
Work had me straight out for quite awhile, I say "had" because all the long hours and hard work just resulted in me being laid off:cry: I'm not going to bitch though cause with any luck severance and unemployment maybe
Obi Wan Obama can keep me collecting through Feb and I can have an entire season of crazy Sundays & mental Mondays as the Patriots march through the
AFC on their way to another Super Bowl (Hopefully:))

How you been bro?

Hey T Man you forgot to bash the Chargers bro!!!!!
And i do feel the same way Thraxx a lot of great talent in Oakland let's hope for the best for the sake of the Division!!!
I'm Ready!!!!!!
Flavio!!!! Dude talk about a voice from the past... How the hell you been? Hope all is well in San Diego.

I'm not going to poke any fun at the Chargers just because I don't really think they are going to be that competitive this year. I mean all that off season stuff about how they were trying to trade L.T. to Merriman being pissed that they used their draft pick on his obvious replacement I have this crazy feeling that infighting is going to hurt them this year.. Just a theory, but they haven't been too happy this offseason from what I have been seeing.

Anyway good to hear from you bro!! And I look forward to talking NFL with all the pigskin maniacs on this board!!!

"Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means a whale's vagina." ---Ron Burgundy

And I'm sure once again Dallas will be overhyped by the media and crowned Super Bowl Champs before the preseason even begins.. Only thing different this time is that Romo won't be thinking about how HOTT Jessica Simpson is and where else he can bang her... That alone should make him a better focused QB (Well, that and the fact that he had his cancer removed and shipped to Buffalo, By the way.....Thank you for that:))

Hmm, BSPN has been AWFUL quiet on the Dallas Hype machine, and I know of no media outlet that has them as favorites for anything.

This is good. All the hype last year, really did them no favors. It should be interesting to see the season unfold, especially if Felix Jones can stay healthy, and Garrett learns how to game plan.

I am excited for the season. No expectations as a Cowboys fan, I just want to enjoy each weeks game and I try to be hopeful for a playoff WIN!

Rock on bros!:headbang:

Im in anticipation about my Ravens... hear me out, 15 minutes short of winning the AFC title game and going to the big game against the Cardinals.

we played 18 straight weeks without a break. Blame mother nature becuase of the Hurricane that hit Houston near our week 3 trip there. We had our bye super early. If that hadn't have happened we would have beaten PGH i think two out of the three times we met.

But i can look back to the previous winning season where we had them at our house and just beat the living shit out of Big Ben (9 sacks). Here's to 2009....GAME ON !!!!

Im in anticipation about my Ravens... hear me out, 15 minutes short of winning the AFC title game and going to the big game against the Cardinals.

we played 18 straight weeks without a break. Blame mother nature becuase of the Hurricane that hit Houston near our week 3 trip there. We had our bye super early. If that hadn't have happened we would have beaten PGH i think two out of the three times we met.

But i can look back to the previous winning season where we had them at our house and just beat the living shit out of Big Ben (9 sacks). Here's to 2009....GAME ON !!!!
You're preaching to the choir bro.... Even with the hardships they endured last season I had them pegged for the SB they were the better team in the AFC Championship game imo, but like you said unfortunate circumstances which you can't really cry about it's just how the chips fall... Flacco looks to be the right fit for the Ravens (FINALLY:)) and the future is deifnitely bright...Just keep Suggs happy.

Im definitely not crying. I enjoyed as much as i could.

Fuck when Ed Reed ran back the INT for a TD in the Philly game, my wife had her girlfriend over and i was moving in a Fridge...

i stopped and looked the TV ... and all you heard out of was "HOLY SHIT" !!! GO GO GO GO !!! WOO HOOOOOOOOO!!

everyone freaked out. What a game. Bench McNabb and just open up some whoop ass on Philly. ;)

Flavio!!!! Dude talk about a voice from the past... How the hell you been? Hope all is well in San Diego.

I'm not going to poke any fun at the Chargers just because I don't really think they are going to be that competitive this year. I mean all that off season stuff about how they were trying to trade L.T. to Merriman being pissed that they used their draft pick on his obvious replacement I have this crazy feeling that infighting is going to hurt them this year.. Just a theory, but they haven't been too happy this offseason from what I have been seeing.

Anyway good to hear from you bro!! And I look forward to talking NFL with all the pigskin maniacs on this board!!!

"Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means a whale's vagina." ---Ron Burgundy

Yep a lot of turmoil this off season in the whale's vagina hahahaaa, but a lot of people down here can't wait for it to start with all the bullshit the Padres pulled on the fans here, the Chargers Chant is all they got left for now!!.
I hope we do make it to the playoffs our division hasn't been great lately, but a lot of new guys will play their asses off to make a name.

all the bullshit the Padres pulled on the fans here, the Chargers Chant is all they got left for now!!..
Sorry bro, I don't know what happened with the Padres, I hate baseball whether the Red Sox win the next 100 World Series or never win another one again I just hate the sport!! I am not a Red Sox fan and personally hope they someday abolish baseball as the most boring, suck sport of all time!!!!

Go Celts and Go Pats!!!! Too many championships is NEVER enough!! :kickass:

"And I'm Ron Burgundy. Go fuck yourself, San Diego." --- Ron Burgundy

R.I.P. Steve McNair:cry:
R.I.P. Arturo Gatti:cry:
R.I.P. Vernon Forrest:cry:

We got our first rounders all locked up....2 days into training camp. not bad.

GO RAVENS !!!!

For you big man:kickass:

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest/0-3-2517/Camp-Confidential--Raiders.html

Camp Confidential: Raiders
July 31, 2009 1:00 PM

nfl_u_cable_480.jpg
Kirby Lee/Image of Sport/US PRESSWIRE Coach Tom Cable has spent the early part of camp focusing on teaching the basics.Posted by ESPN.com's Bill Williamson
NAPA, Calif. -- In his first training camp as a head coach in the NFL, Tom Cable is breaking it down.
He is trying to end the Oakland Raiders' six-year slump by going back to basics.
"It's all about learning," Cable said. "That what we're trying to do here."
Cable, who went 4-8 on an interim basis last season after the tumultuous Lane Kiffin era ended, is methodically trying to improve his team. Here's how he started: Players reported on Tuesday. The team spent all day Wednesday in meetings before hitting the practice field on Thursday.
Camp Confidential: AFC West• Raiders: Fri., July 31
• Chargers: Tues., Aug. 4
• Broncos: Wed., Aug. 12
• Chiefs: Wed., Aug. 19
It wasn't exactly a strenuous football practice; the team went through two glorified walk-throughs on opening day. Cable ended plays shortly after the ball was snapped. The team won't start hitting until Monday.
The 2009 Oakland Raiders are starting with a classroom on the grass. Why not? The past six years have produced report cards with nothing but F's. The Raiders are a combined 24-72 since 2003. It is the worst six-year span by any team in NFL history.
Players, tired of Oakland literally being an NFL Black Hole, are behind Cable's slow instructional pace.
"We're really breaking it all down and starting over," linebacker Thomas Howard said. "It's good. We need it. This is all about learning and being instructed."
Key questions
nfl_a_russell_garcia_300.jpg
AP Photo/Paul Sakuma The Raiders clearly want JaMarcus Russell to develop into their long-term starter, but Jeff Garcia might be their best option to compete right now.1. Can JaMarcus Russell develop? Whether or not Oakland can end its six-season slump will likely depend on its third-year quarterback.
Cable said Thursday it's all about whether Russell can win. It has gotten to that point. If Russell fails to make strides this season, his job could be on the line. Considering that veteran Jeff Garcia is looking to take his job, Russell's progress is definitely the biggest issue in Oakland this season.
Russell, who admitted that he reported to training camp heavier than he wanted to, needs to become more consistent and the Raiders want to see him become more of a leader. If he doesn't improve, the Raiders may be in trouble in both 2009 and beyond.
2. Can the run defense improve? So much has been made of the Raiders' problems in the passing game, but the run defense has been a huge issue in recent seasons.
Oakland was 31st in the NFL against the rush last season, allowing 159.7 yards a game on the ground. Oakland was ranked 27th overall on defense last season.
That weakness set the tone for Oakland's defense. If a team can't stop the run, it can't win consistently. It's that simple. Teams that have trouble against the run get eaten alive and wear down.
Oakland has to find a way to improve in this area. The Raiders haven't changed their personnel much, so they have to get better play from their defensive tackle rotation. New defensive coordinator John Marshall, an NFL veteran, appears bent on teaching fundamentals and is very vocal in camp. He has a tall task ahead of him.
3. Can Oakland's young receivers make an impact? Cable is talking up young receivers Chaz Schilens and Johnnie Lee Higgins. Both players ended last season on high notes.
But they are both still learning and are not sure things. If they continue to develop, Russell will get the help from his receivers that he needs. The Raiders, of course, are also counting on rookies Darrius Heyward-Bey and Louis Murphy. If two of these four players show they can be consistent weapons in 2009, Oakland's run-first offense has a chance to succeed.
nfl_a_heyward_bey_200.jpg
AP Photo/Marcio Jose Sanchez Darrius Heyward-Bey signed his rookie contract and was in camp on Thursday.Market watch
Heyward-Bey's best move so far was to sign his rookie contract. He arrived at training camp Thursday after agreeing to a contract with more than $23 million in guarantees. That's big money for someone who is not considered to be a guaranteed NFL success.
But Heyward-Bey gave himself a chance to succeed by not missing much camp time. By all accounts, he is a talented, raw player who needs practice. He lost valuable time in the offseason due to a hamstring injury. For a player who was inconsistent and who had trouble holding on to the ball in college, the lost time was not ideal. Heyward-Bey is super fast and has big-time potential. But he needs work before he can help the receiver-starved Raiders.
Newcomer to watch
I just get the feeling that Garcia's shadow is going to hover over Russell all season or until Garcia takes over. Garcia is honest and expresses his thoughts whenever he's asked. Garcia believes he gives the Raiders the best chance to win, but he'll support Russell while he is the starter.
That's just not the best atmosphere for a young quarterback who needs to make quick progress. Russell doesn't need to be feeling heat. He needs to feel relaxed as he tries to become a quality NFL player. Having Garcia hover may make that impossible. Before the end of the season, Garcia's presence on this team will become a major storyline. It appears inevitable.
Observation deck
Second-year running back Darren McFadden looks healthy and primed to live up to his rookie hype. McFadden can also help when lined up as a wide receiver. Expect McFadden to lead a strong running attack that also features Michael Bush and Justin Fargas ... Defensive tackle Tommy Kelly jumped offsides three times Thursday. Penalties have long been a problem in Oakland. It is clear the team needs to work on discipline this summer ... Look for former Cleveland starter Charlie Frye to be the Raiders' No. 3 quarterback ... Linebacker Ricky Brown has been working at outside and inside linebacker and the team thinks he may be ready to live up to his potential ... The Raiders are giving Mario Henderson a chance to be the starting left tackle. He has promise. If former Jacksonville starter Khalif Barnes doesn't beat out Henderson, Barnes could be moved to right tackle ... The Raiders expect to get a lot of production out of pass-rushers Greg Ellis and Trevor Scott. The Raiders think Ellis, signed this summer after Dallas cut him, can still be a factor and that Scott, a second-year defensive tackle, is ready for prime time. The presence of Ellis and Scott is a major reason the Raiders aren't sweating the puzzling holdout of defensive end Derrick Burgess ... Keep an eye out for tight end Zach Miller. He is getting better in all phases of the game.

Michael Vick(notes) is going to be on "60 Minutes" this Sunday as part of his PR tour that included a trip to Chicago yesterday to talk to folks for the Humane Society of the United States. That trip led to lots of rumors that he was in town to talk to the Bears, but he wasn't.

According to USA Today, the segment on "60 Minutes" will include Vick talking about how he grew up with dogfighting in his Virginia neighborhood and how the police never did anything about it so "he didn't see much wrong with it," according to "60 Minutes" interviewer James Brown