NGD - Ibanez Destroyer DT-50

Robert W

May 13, 2009
Of course Fed-Ex would make me wait all day, but in this case the wait was more than worth it. Got this off eBay for $600 w/ case. Guitar is in very nice condition, having only two smallish chips on the top of the body, otherwise the guitar is stock and looking pretty good for a used guitar made in 1980.

2012-08-10043547.jpg

2012-08-10043400.jpg

2012-08-10043501.jpg

Pretty sure these are V2's. I had a "Rocket Roll II" flying V with the same finish 15 years ago. It sounded great but couldn't stay in tune.

Pretty sure these are V2's. I had a "Rocket Roll II" flying V with the same finish 15 years ago. It sounded great but couldn't stay in tune.

My first real guitar was a Rocket Roll V. Got it in like 84' or 85', can't remember. I put a Super Distortion in it and it sounded great. Unfortunately had the same problem with it going out of tune all the time as you did.

The pups in this guitar are stock from what I can see, which would mean a Super 70 in the bridge and a V-2 in the neck.

Ran through some different tunings, E, C#, and A, with this guitar and it stays in tune very well.

Also, turns out this is the most comfortable guitar I've ever played. Guess I was a Destroyer/Explorer guy all this time, but never knew it.

With that guitar I would never ever stop playing Iron Maiden. Whether I wanted to or not.