NHL kicks off in Prague

that would be sweet revenge on Hossa.

i am going to say if anyone keeps Detroit out of the finals in the west, it will be San Jose.

Yes...Rangers win!!!

Lundqvist is the man!!!

Talks about adding teams in Europe have been going on for several years. The NHL is looking to possibly add teams by as early as next season. I think it's a great idea. Hockey is by far the biggest international sport of the 4 major sports.

I've said it before.....thankfully, there's a salary cap in the NHL, so I don't have to lose 8 players again, off my Oiler team to fucking New York. If Detroit plays Edmonton this year when the playoffs start, they'll lose to Edmonton again, (in 6) just like they did in '06. Don't get me wrong, I like a lot of the Redwing players, but geez, how many years is it going to be, until Detroit has competition in their super weak division?
St. Louis-no cups
Chicago-no cup since '61-total 3 cups since 1926 (bear in mind, they're an original six team)
Columbus-:Smug:
Nashville-no cups
The 'Hawks have some young talent. For the fan's sake, let's hope they hold on to them for a change.

Many countries have their own leagues. But the bottom line is money. The biggest market is here in North America. Any other league is far inferior to the NHL. Most players want to play in the NHL.

That's the thing though, the Russian leauge probably has more money than NHL right now thanks to all the oil money that is being put in the clubs.

I've said it before.....thankfully, there's a salary cap in the NHL, so I don't have to lose 8 players again, off my Oiler team to fucking New York. If Detroit plays Edmonton this year when the playoffs start, they'll lose to Edmonton again, (in 6) just like they did in '06. Don't get me wrong, I like a lot of the Redwing players, but geez, how many years is it going to be, until Detroit has competition in their super weak division?
St. Louis-no cups
Chicago-no cup since '61-total 3 cups since 1926 (bear in mind, they're an original six team)
Columbus-:Smug:
Nashville-no cups
The 'Hawks have some young talent. For the fan's sake, let's hope they hold on to them for a change.

Blackhawks are gonna be a very good team this season. I think they have a shot at challenging the Redwings for the Division.

I'm thinking reduce the North American teams with 10 and replace with 10 European teams. And when teams play overseas they could play 5-6 matches in a row there before returning. And they wouldn't have to play eachother that often during ordinary season, say two times overseas per season. Lets face it, if NHL is gonna be able to keep it's status as best leauge in the world something like this will have to be done sooner or later, as more and more players choose the Russian leauge right now.

That would be a horrendous move by the league in all honesty.

What they need to do first is stabilize their North American teams; Nashville shouldn't have a team, for example so move it out of that ridiculously bad market to somewhere more beneficial.

I am quite skeptical of the viability of European expansion (I don't want the league to collapse because of it), even though in theory I think it would be great to have a team in Sweden, Finland, Russia and the Czech Republic.

Well, I'm not a Chicago fan, I'm an Edmonton fan. But, Since '92, the Blackhawks organization has butchered their team, and made bad draft, and personel decisions, as if they really don't care. That's why I feel bad for the fans of Chicago. They can be obnoxious, but are devoted fans who deserve better.

Instead of re-locating teams to better markets here in the US or Canada which has been done. Moving some teams to some very marketable overseas countries is the way to go. I believe I heard a number that more than 60% of NHL players are NOT from North America.

Well, I'm not a Chicago fan, I'm an Edmonton fan. But, Since '92, the Blackhawks organization has butchered their team, and made bad draft, and personel decisions, as if they really don't care. That's why I feel bad for the fans of Chicago. They can be obnoxious, but are devoted fans who deserve better.

I remember not too many years ago, the Hawks were a top notch organization. Funny how things change so dramitically.

Also, Detroit will be amazing this year. Assuming that Hossa finds his groove, and the core of the D (Lidstrom, Rafalski, Kronvall, Stuart) remain healthy Detroit could be nigh unstoppable.

I mean just look at their top two lines:

Holmstrom-Datsyuk-Hossa
Zetterberg-Franzen-Hudler

People may question their goaltending ability, but with Ty Conklin as a solid backup to Osgood I am as confident as I have ever been with Detroit's goaltending situation.

One thing that I wish could happen, is that some of our young prospects such as Helm and Leino could find a solid roster spot this year, but most likely they will be in the minors yet again, which is a shame given their clear NHL level talent.

I think Zetterberg could challenge for the scoring title this season. I FUCKIN hate Ovechkin and that whiny little bitch Crosby.

Crosby I can understand, but how can you hate Ovechkin? He is one of the best things to happen to the league in years, a true scoring machine that dazzles everyone who watches him.

I think the Caps are going to be pretty solid this year, probably in the top 5 teams in the East, to be honest. Or at least, I hope they succeed :)

Crosby I can understand, but how can you hate Ovechkin? He is one of the best things to happen to the league in years, a true scoring machine that dazzles everyone who watches him.

I think the Caps are going to be pretty solid this year, probably in the top 5 teams in the East, to be honest. Or at least, I hope they succeed :)

Because he's a Cap and not a Ranger. He is an awesome player.

The Hawks are under new ownership and management. They've made the team highly competitive again. They had a winning record against the Wings last year. Should be a close race if Huet performs and the team stays healthy. Fans are excited too. They drew 18,000 for a preseason game.

The NHL should fold 2-4 teams before thinking about Europe. Nashville, Florida, Phoenix, and Atlanta should go. Nashville and Florida are definitely troubled, and there's no sense in moving these franchises around every couple of years to other marginal markets.

The Hawks are under new ownership and management. They've made the team highly competitive again. They had a winning record against the Wings last year. Should be a close race if Huet performs and the team stays healthy. Fans are excited too. They drew 18,000 for a preseason game.

The NHL should fold 2-4 teams before thinking about Europe. Nashville, Florida, Phoenix, and Atlanta should go. Nashville and Florida are definitely troubled, and there's no sense in moving these franchises around every couple of years to other marginal markets.

Huet is a great goaltender. He'd better be he's my #2 goalie on my fantasy team.