NHL kicks off in Prague

lol this was the trade the Flyers made for Lindros

June 30, 1992- Traded by the Quebec Nordiques to the Philadelphia Flyers in exchange for Peter Forsberg, Steve Duchesne, Kerry Huffman, Mike Ricci, Ron Hextall, Chris Simon, Philadelphia's 1993 1st round draft choice, Philadelphia's 1994 1st round draft choice and $15,000,000.

Also, wasn't one of those draft picks Jocelyn Thibault?

The Wings have got off to an okay start. Although, honestly, I was expecting more. Hopefully now that Hossa has scored, he and Datsyuk can continue to learn to play with each other.

I suppose the Defence has been the most shaky though, especially that second line--they really need to tighten up.

Yeah, the Maple Leafs suck

Amen

leafs-fan-waiting-cup-88c6e.jpg

LeafsFan.jpg

That fan's ready to jump on the ice, and play goaltender. Jersey and mask.....check! Put me in coach!!

Although, the Rangers have made some unreal trades over the years. They absoulutely LOVE trading young prospects for over the hill former stars. It's only been in the last several years where they have started to bring some of their prospects through their system.

And the reason for the rangers holding on to young talent lately is......1.- they can no longer buy players from Edmonton. 2.- Glenn Sather is their GM. They got the long time Oiler coach and GM from Edmonton a few years ago. But, they should have tried to bring along Lowe as well. Lucky for me, the money didn't make him leave Edmonton.

Anyone think Christopher Higgins is going to get traded to Minnesota for Marian Gaborik?

He was cleared to play on Saturday and wasn't in the line-up against Pheonix, so when it hit Monday they said he was still suffering side effects, which I think is complete bull. Something is going down.

Yep. That sounds like a typical "keep our trade bait healthy" move.

I don't understand it though...Montreal has 3 great scoring lines, and 1 grinding line, that does amazing things for us. We don't need a guy who's been average at best when Higgins is 100 times better then he is.

I am excited for Anaheim and Montreal.

Montreal's 1st real test of the season, we'll see how we do against the west. Should be a physical game, we all know Laraque will be on the ice :p