NHL kicks off in Prague

I think the Nordiques moved because of finanical issues being a small market team, and they might have needed a new arena or something.

Although, I think they were going to replace their blue uniforms with some modern, junior-league looking uniforms had they continued...:ill:

I wish that franchise would have a horrible mid-air collision with the Philadelphia Eagles' charter plane.

Thats not right!
Wait...they could collide, crash and burn right over that big blue star on the 50 yd line.:lol:

BOS and CHI resurgence is so good for the NHL right now.
My BIG BAD BRUINS are back and thrilling the hell out of me again. I knew they'd be better, but not this much, this quickly. They finally have a very good offense to go with C. Juliens staple of defense. Its also nice to see some guts and grit on display again.

Thats not right!
Wait...they could collide, crash and burn right over that big blue star on the 50 yd line.:lol:

My BIG BAD BRUINS are back and thrilling the hell out of me again. I knew they'd be better, but not this much, this quickly. They finally have a very good offense and some grit to go with C. Juliens staple of defense.

That's cool... we're tearing down Texas Stadium, anyways... I can't think of a better way to see it go out.

So about WJHC, which team is playing which in the semi's? I know Sweden and Canada won the groups but what other teams? Usa and Slovakia?

Russia and Czech Republic.

Probably going to be the 2 straight year that russia doesn't make it to the finals where it would be Canada/Russia. Like it used to be. But Canada Sweden should be damn good.

Thats not right!

My BIG BAD BRUINS are back and thrilling the hell out of me again. I knew they'd be better, but not this much, this quickly. They finally have a very good offense to go with C. Juliens staple of defense. Its also nice to see some guts and grit on display again.

I can't wait to see Round 2 between Komisarek and Lucic, I'm sick and tired of hearing Bruins fans being all like "Ah he got raped, Lucic injured his ass". I find it funny that none of you actually had the thought of him actually dislocating his shoulder while throwing a punch. Cause it's entirely possible. In no way would Lucic have defeated him so easily. Komisarek is as tough of a guy as they come, he'll step in front of anybody's shots.

Now that Tomas Plekanec, Kovalev and A. Kostitsyn are starting to produce together like they used too last year. And when Koivu & Higgins return it's going to boost the offense even more. This is going to be a dog fight for 1st in the East. Even though we're behind by 9-11 points? Can't remember which.

Russia and Czech Republic.

Probably going to be the 2 straight year that russia doesn't make it to the finals where it would be Canada/Russia. Like it used to be. But Canada Sweden should be damn good.

I haven't seen any Canada games but they're always good i guess. For Sweden i can say that we probably have the best junior team we've had for twenty years, especially the goalie is incredible.

I haven't seen any Canada games but they're always good i guess. For Sweden i can say that we probably have the best junior team we've had for twenty years, especially the goalie is incredible.

Yeah, we played you guys last year in the Gold Medal game. We won in Overtime after you guys scored in the last minute of the game. Should be good though, that's if you make it through the US after they win the Quarter-Finals. Cause they are well on there way to doing it.

Can't wait.

I can't wait to see Round 2 between Komisarek and Lucic, I'm sick and tired of hearing Bruins fans being all like "Ah he got raped, Lucic injured his ass". I find it funny that none of you actually had the thought of him actually dislocating his shoulder while throwing a punch. Cause it's entirely possible. In no way would Lucic have defeated him so easily. Komisarek is as tough of a guy as they come, he'll step in front of anybody's shots.

Now that Tomas Plekanec, Kovalev and A. Kostitsyn are starting to produce together like they used too last year. And when Koivu & Higgins return it's going to boost the offense even more. This is going to be a dog fight for 1st in the East. Even though we're behind by 9-11 points? Can't remember which.

Hey, don't think I'm this yahoo Bruins fan...and I figured going in it would be Montreals division to lose. I've been watching Montreal / Boston for almost 30 years. As much as I loathe the Habs, I respect them as much as any B's fan. Have seen thier success over the years and watched them break B's fans hearts many times. I'm just glad Boston is back and its a real competative rivalry again.

You don't have to sell me on Komisarek...good and tough as they come. Wether or not there was an injury with him or how it happened...who knows? As far as Lucic, you may be underestimating him a bit. He has basically destroyed everyone he has fought. He will have it handed to him and be put in his place eventually...just like all the young tough-guys do. I do know the kid is as tough as any Bruin I have ever seen...and they have had many tough guys over the years. He also has some skill and game. He has actually dominated some games when he hits everything in site and throws in a point or two. He is far from a goon and plays the game hard and fights when and how it should be done.

Hey, don't think I'm this yahoo Bruins fan...and I figured going in it would be Montreals division to lose. I've been watching Montreal / Boston for almost 30 years. As much as I loathe the Habs, I respect them as much as any B's fan. Have seen thier success over the years and watched them break B's fans hearts many times. I'm just glad Boston is back and its a real competative rivalry again.

You don't have to sell me on Komisarek...good and tough as they come. Wether or not there was an injury with him or how it happened...who knows? As far as Lucic, you may be underestimating him a bit. He has basically destroyed everyone he has fought. He will have it handed to him and be put in his place eventually...just like all the young tough-guys do. I do know the kid is as tough as any Bruin I have ever seen...and they have had many tough guys over the years. He also has some skill and game. He has actually dominated some games when he hits everything in site and throws in a point or two. He is far from a goon and plays the game hard and fights when and how it should be done.

True, I don't like the Bruins, but I respect the team and everything else with Lucic, He's a good player and I respect him for his grit and intensity, but when Laraque wanted to go with him, I kind of find it funny he didn't want to go at him. But then again it's George who would lol.

Anyways, should be good now that Price is playing the way he should be now, and that our team is almost healthy, except for maybe Tanguay recently dislocating his shoulder.

I love Price, I will never forget this (watch below), he's such a kid, he's enjoying himself so much and that will go a long way in the future, and I can't wait to see how it'll turn out :p

Last edited by a moderator:
True, I don't like the Bruins, but I respect the team and everything else with Lucic, He's a good player and I respect him for his grit and intensity, but when Laraque wanted to go with him, I kind of find it funny he didn't want to go at him. But then again it's George who would lol.

The best thing about Lucic is his mentor...Cam Neely, who is now in the B's organization. If you remember when Neely came from Vancouver to the B's, he was basically a fighter. Then he decided to stay out of the box and on the ice and the skill and goals started to come. Lucic, though young, is already learning / realizing this...even though he most likely won't turn into the premire scorer that Neely was. Lucic does have much potential to put up many points.

I don't mind seeing him drop the gloves...but would rather it only once in a while. Lucic was wise in not giving in to a true goon in Laraque. He stayed on the ice...and actually scored a big goal for the B's in that game up in Montreal. I'd rather save guys like Laraque for Thorton, Bostons official goon and a very tough guy in his own right. For some reason Thorton has not been dropping the gloves lately...probably cause of an injury? Usually he is willing to go at it with anyone?

On Price. When first seeing him, I thought this is the next star in the NHL (still may be?) and a Bruin killer for years to come. However, he was very shakey at times in the playoffs-when it counted...is this a concern? Especially with the rival Bruins getting amazing goaltending from both Thomas and Fernandes. Thomas is the no.1 but now Fernandes is healthy and they are both pushing each other and more importantly keeping fresh.

He's a promising guy.

Who? Price?

The best thing about Lucic is his mentor...Cam Neely, who is now in the B's organization. If you remember when Neely came from Vancouver to the B's, he was basically a fighter. Then he decided to stay out of the box and on the ice and the skill and goals started to come. Lucic, though young, is already learning this...even though he most likely won't turn into the premire scorer that Neely was. Lucic does have good potential to put up many points though.

I don't mind seeing him drop the gloves...but would rather only once in a while. Lucic was wise in not giving in to a true goon in Laraque. He stayed on the ice...and actually scored a big goal for the B's in that game up in Montreal. I'd rather save guys like Laraque for Thorton, Bostons official goon and a very tough guy in his own right. For some reason Thorton has not been dropping the gloves lately...probably cause of an injury? Usually he is willing to go at it with anyone?

I see your point with Cam Neely being his mentor, he'll learn alot from him. But I wouldn't consider Laraque a goon. Back in the day yes he was, but now. He's there so no one gets too excited. Cause we all know how strong this guy is. Now, he's doing his job, he's usually down low, holding the puck with his solid puck handling down in the corners, it creates alot. He has done pretty well, despite the numerous injuries he's had this season.

If we make the Playoffs, he'll defanitly be a factor, because it's much more physical, and that's his style of game.

Recently @ the Pens...with the game in hand, I'd rather see Lucic turn away. But the Pens player made a mistake and Lucic said enuff and made him pay. It was a good bout.

Who? Price?

I see your point with Cam Neely being his mentor, he'll learn alot from him. But I wouldn't consider Laraque a goon. Back in the day yes he was, but now. He's there so no one gets too excited. Cause we all know how strong this guy is. Now, he's doing his job, he's usually down low, holding the puck with his solid puck handling down in the corners, it creates alot. He has done pretty well, despite the numerous injuries he's had this season.

If we make the Playoffs, he'll defanitly be a factor, because it's much more physical, and that's his style of game.

If you make the playoffs? I'd be mistified and stupified if you didn't!:)

Sorry, but Laraque (only 2-pt.s) is and always will be a goon. Komisarik I overstated with only 2-pt.s as well. However, in the more recent new NHL guys like Laraque are a modern-day goon...able to use his size and strength to atleast draw a penalty or create space. Things he can afford to do now. Before when the ref's let everything go, he would get punished in front of the net without drawing a penalty...he was used as a fighter.

If you make the playoffs? I'd be mistified and stupified if you didn't!:)

Sorry, but Laraque (only 2-pt.s) is and always will be a goon. Komisarik I overstated with only 2-pt.s as well. However, in the more recent new NHL guys like Laraque are a modern-day goon...able to use his size and strength to atleast draw a penalty or create space. Things he can afford to do now. Before when the ref's let everything go, he would get punished in front of the net without drawing a penalty...he was used as a fighter.

Meh, he's doing his job when we need him, that's all that matters. No place for a guy like Avery though :p

And I know we'll make the playoffs, I'd be very surprised if we didn't lol.

I have some respect for guys like Laraque, he has always carried the "tough-guy code of conduct" well. There is still a place for guys like him in the NHL. Now we hear that the ref's are less likely to break-up any fights? To quote the iconic yet bizaare Don Cherry..."no fan has ever left thier seat to go get popcorn when a fight breaks out"!

...as far as Avery...a freakshow at its best!

I have some respect for guys like Laraque, he has always carried the "tough-guy code of conduct" well. There is still a place for guys like him in the NHL. Now we hear that the ref's are less likely to break-up any fights? To quote the iconic yet bizaare Don Cherry..."no fan has ever left thier seat to go get popcorn when a fight breaks out"!

...as far as Avery...a freakshow at its best!

See Laraque is a gentleman and this proves it: