NHL kicks off in Prague

speaking of hits look at this insane hit, no one has ever seen anything more brutal

Last edited by a moderator:
what the fuck. The Minnesota Wild have given up the least amount of goals this year, but have only scored 94. I think it's time they added a goal scorer.
their highest goal scorer is Koivu with fucking 11!!!

Am i the only one who gets annoyed by this Don Cherry guy? I get the feeling even Canadians do.

Congrats to Canada, well deserved victory. However the referee's were nothing short of a scandal, Esposito runs over Markström dragging his knee behind, a type of move which can end a players career, and he doesn't even get two minutes. Thirty seconds later the same guy scores.
There's a vid on youtube where Don Cherry takes this move up about Ulf Samuelsson who did the same thing once, and how he shouldn't be allowed to play hockey, i wonder if the Esposito subject was even touched.

Congrats to Canada, well deserved victory. However the referee's were nothing short of a scandal, Esposito runs over Markström dragging his knee behind, a type of move which can end a players career, and he doesn't even get two minutes. Thirty seconds later the same guy scores.
There's a vid on youtube where Don Cherry takes this move up about Ulf Samuelsson who did the same thing once, and how he shouldn't be allowed to play hockey, i wonder if the Esposito subject was even touched.

I'll agree that the refs were pretty bad (that seemed rather constant in this tournament). Esposito should have been penalized on the sequence you mention. But the swedish defenseman who jumped on him should have gotten a penality too. Instead they chose to close their eyes on both actions.

Something similar happened when Canada faced the USA. Canada scored and passed in front of the USA bench to go celebrate with their bench and some USA hit one of the canadian player with a stick in the face. So another canadian starts pushing and hit one of the american guy...the ref decided to close their eyes again on both infractions. Crazy.

I'll agree that the refs were pretty bad (that seemed rather constant in this tournament). Esposito should have been penalized on the sequence you mention. But the swedish defenseman who jumped on him should have gotten a penality too. Instead they chose to close their eyes on both actions.

Something similar happened when Canada faced the USA. Canada scored and passed in front of the USA bench to go celebrate with their bench and some USA hit one of the canadian player with a stick in the face. So another canadian starts pushing and hit one of the american guy...the ref decided to close their eyes again on both infractions. Crazy.

I'm not sure you guys we're watching the same game as I was. Mr. Markstrom was diving all night long. He embelished so much stuff it was ridiculous, the refs called a decent game. Now if you want a bitch about the refs fine, but the 1st time he dove, that should have been called, that was the most sorry excuse for a dive I've ever seen.

But whatever I ain't complaining, we came out wanting to win more, and that's what happened.

@Cook-ta: You guys drafted Patrice Cormier who was on team Canada, who just happens to live 20 mins from where I am. The guy runs over anyone he sees, you guys are going to love him in NJ.

You know what started all that shit with the US? It actually started when the US went up 2-0, they passed in front of Canada's bench, the guy who scored put his hand to his hear, taunting the Canadians, when Della Rovere passed the US bench when we made it 3-2 and he returned the favor, obviously buddy from the US got pissed and shoved his stick in his face. Oh well, I get the last laugh, because they walked out of the tournament with out a medal :lol:

You know what started all that shit with the US? It actually started when the US went up 2-0, they passed in front of Canada's bench, the guy who scored put his hand to his hear, taunting the Canadians, when Della Rovere passed the US bench when we made it 3-2 and he returned the favor, obviously buddy from the US got pissed and shoved his stick in his face. Oh well, I get the last laugh, because they walked out of the tournament with out a medal :lol:

I know very well what happened and what started it. But you can't argue that the referees were ok if no penality were called when DiDomenico gets a stick in the face and Della Rovere punch Van Riemsdyk.

I'm glad Canada won but the referees were pretty much sub par on all the games I saw in this tournament. Della Rovere couldn't put a skate on the ice without being a 2 minutes. And there were so many blatant infractions that just weren't called.

All in all, a good tournament with some very exciting games (especially when Canada won against Russia) but the officiating was average/poor for most of the games.

I'm not sure you guys we're watching the same game as I was. Mr. Markstrom was diving all night long. He embelished so much stuff it was ridiculous, the refs called a decent game. Now if you want a bitch about the refs fine, but the 1st time he dove, that should have been called, that was the most sorry excuse for a dive I've ever seen.

I don't want to bitch but i don't get why North Americans always have to accuse European hockey players for diving, that's not part of our hockey mentality even though people over seas find it comfortable to think so. I know Markström very well from Elitserien and trust me when i say that he's not like that.
I agree 100% with Don Cherry here when he criticizes Ulf Samuelsson for the knee move, and Esposito did the same thing to Markström.

*EDIT* More or less powerplays for us wouldn't have made a difference though since you were better in both boxplay and powerplay.

The next one is the regular senior world championships which also will be in Canada, think it's in May. Imo we should get rid of senior WC's, and have the Olympics as the only international senior tournament. Like it is now a WC doesn't feel that special since it's every year, and all the best players are only participating at the same time in the Olympics. Sometimes you can't even keep track, it can be the Olympics, WC and Karjala Cup for example in the same year.

The next one is the regular senior world championships which also will be in Canada, think it's in May. Imo we should get rid of senior WC's, and have the Olympics as the only international senior tournament. Like it is now a WC doesn't feel that special since it's every year, and all the best players are only participating at the same time in the Olympics. Sometimes you can't even keep track, it can be the Olympics, WC and Karjala Cup for example in the same year.

In the WHC, it's not really the best players, it's a mix between good/average. I mean the Olympics is basically the superstars. Rarely do you see a full team of superstars in the WHC.

Good stuff! Definitely worth checking out.

Forsberg (featured) is one of my alltime favorite players...to bad he's been hit with the injury bug throughout his career. When healthy and on his game...one of the most exciting and dominant players the game has ever seen. The Detroit / Colorado rivalry in the mid 90's to 01'-ish featured some of the most skilled / best intense hockey ever seen.