NHL kicks off in Prague

Hah! Forsberg is fucking incredible, this is 15 minutes into his first competitive game in 10 months.

Last edited by a moderator:
Excuse my ignorance but why is he no longer playing in the NHL?

He might go back to NHL next season, i think he's said that Colorado is still an option. He's still a world class player. He's been having a lot of troubles with his foot so he's not been able to play full on for a long time. But i'm not complaining that he's not in NHL right now since he's playing in Modo which is my team :). And Elitserien is good enough of a league to keep him in good form, third best after NHL and the Russian leauge. Last season when he only played 12-13 games for Colorado he still made more than 1 point a game.

So...Montreal has finnaly found the scoring prowess they had last year :D..This is good news as Alex Tanguay is going to add us more offense as he gets back...Especially that Mathieu Schneider has given that extra offensive boost on the point :)

Well, Dallas is going to miss the playoffs. Every time we start to get on a role we lose another star player. Next time it'll be Ribeiro. It's kind of messed up that 3 of our top 4 players are out for the season right now... though Richards and Morrow will be back if we make it to the playoffs.

I'm fucking pissed off. They're only showing the game here now, but I accidentally saw the mother fucking score already on the goddamn ticker thing at the bottom of the screen. SO FUCKING IRRITATING. GOD. FUCKING. DAMNIT. Oh well, at least he's off to a fine start. I feel bad for Clemmensen though.

Well, Dallas is going to miss the playoffs. Every time we start to get on a role we lose another star player. Next time it'll be Ribeiro. It's kind of messed up that 3 of our top 4 players are out for the season right now... though Richards and Morrow will be back if we make it to the playoffs.
honk, honk, honk! "LETS GO BLUES!!!"

honk, honk, honk! "LETS GO BLUES!!!"

Hope you had fun beating our AHL team.
Fucking Ray Sawada is currently serving on our 2nd line.
We can't win consistently when we're missing 2 star players in Richards and Morrow... not to mention Modano is playing sick and Toby Peterson and Joel Lundqvist are out right now.
Hell, that's not even counting Zubov, who is a top defenseman that we were counting on being there at the beginning of the season, who's career is probably over now. It's just too much to overcome, this year has been so depressing from a Dallas sports stand point.

St. Louis has been playing great lately, though... I will give you that. I'd like to see how good they'd be with Erik Johnson heading up the blue line. Pisses me off that we handed you Crombeen on a silver platter, though.

As a Hawks fan, the thing to do right now is follow the West and figure who will land the five seed and play them in the first round. Chicago has a comfortable lead on the 4 spot, with most of their remaining games at home, but I don't think they'll catch Detroit. If they had taken a game or two from them earlier it would have made things more interesting.

I'm hoping either Dallas or Vancouver lands at five. The Hawks have done very well against these teams this year. Minnesota gives them a hard time. 5-12 or so is very closely bunched, so it's too early to project who goes where. I do think that Detroit will pass SJ for the #1 seed.

Yeah it was his shoulder. He got destroyed by Arthyukin. Tanguay only played 34 games this year so he's been gone for a little while.

He's coming back any day now...He's been skating for the past 2 weeks, so It'll be interesting to see.

With the Trade deadline coming, Begin was sent to Dallas for Doug Janik, and Mathieu Dandenault wants out, since it's the last year of his contract, Bob Gainey agreed to help him, so if he does get moved it'll mean more cap space for a good scoring forward. So It's going to be an interesting trade deadline to say the least for Habs fans.

^
Do the Habs really miss what Ryder brought to that team?
I felt he was a good steady player for Montreal but not one of thier true stars. I do think he was exactly what the younger Bruins needed as far as a power play scorer and a experienced-steady player.

Speaking of younger Bruins...I knew they would improve but I did not expect guys like Wheeler, Krecji, Hunwick, Lucic and now Byron Bitz to be key guys and many nites the teams best players. Wheeler / Kracji line can dominate at most times...didn't see this coming but i'll take it.

I still think Washington may be the team that makes it out of the East. Conf. They have it all including the sickest mofo on the ice in Ovechkin. Love his game...great to watch. He's got the gritty-edge of a guy like Forsberg matched with offensive skill like none I've ever seen.

The Devils worry me as well and Marty's return makes them even more scarier. Hell, even the way FLA. has been playing lately...could they be dangerous...who knows?

I do think the B's have a chance to go far but they need to add ideally an experienced left winger (replace Sturm) but with more toughness. The scoring seems to have resurfaced (6-0 & 6-1) in the last two games. They need to continue finishing scoring chances, wich they have not until recently and get back to being the more nasty / physical team that they can be. This is the only way they'll have a chance.

This has been a great season so far for the NHL...can't wait for the playoffs!

^
Do the Habs really miss what Ryder brought to that team?
I felt he was a good steady player for Montreal but not one of thier true stars. I do think he was exactly what the younger Bruins needed as far as a power play scorer and a experienced-steady player.

Not really. Robert Lang, took off with what Ryder couldn't do last season...Though he's injured, Plekanec, Kovalev & A. Kostitsyn, have picked up the pace lately so...and with Tanguay coming back, it'll be even better, should be an interesting stretch to the end of season.

And with Jaroslav Halak pretty much owning in net, I won't be surprised that Price won't see action until Halak looses, this is defanitly a message towards him, that he needs to start playing better.

Not really. Robert Lang, took off with what Ryder couldn't do last season...Though he's injured, Plekanec, Kovalev & A. Kostitsyn, have picked up the pace lately so...and with Tanguay coming back, it'll be even better, should be an interesting stretch to the end of season.

And with Jaroslav Halak pretty much owning in net, I won't be surprised that Price won't see action until Halak looses, this is defanitly a message towards him, that he needs to start playing better.

Sure...I don't think the void of Ryder is killing the Hab's, but he does seem to fit better and should thrive more with Boston...glad they picked him up. Your Habs only need to iron out a few issues...they still have the pieces in place to make a strong run.

:lol:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3u51uJyxGg&feature=related[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNqIHAW4qBs&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator: