NHL kicks off in Prague

As a Hawks fan, the thing to do right now is follow the West and figure who will land the five seed and play them in the first round. Chicago has a comfortable lead on the 4 spot, with most of their remaining games at home, but I don't think they'll catch Detroit. If they had taken a game or two from them earlier it would have made things more interesting.

I'm hoping either Dallas or Vancouver lands at five. The Hawks have done very well against these teams this year. Minnesota gives them a hard time. 5-12 or so is very closely bunched, so it's too early to project who goes where. I do think that Detroit will pass SJ for the #1 seed.

San Jose has a 5 point lead with a game at hand... and there's only 21 games left in the year, it would take a major collapse for Detroit to catch them.... especially with how shaky Detroit has been lately.

They really haven't played anyone as of late, other than San Jose on Wednesday.
I do think they're a better team than San Jose, but that's to big of a deficit, Imo.
The Sharks have lost 9 games in regulation all year, so they would have to slip up quite a bit for Detroit to pass them... Let's also not forget that Detroit doesn't have a reliable goalie. Osgood and Conklin are both average at best, and they can't even figure out who to start between the 2.

St. Louis has been playing great lately, though... I will give you that. I'd like to see how good they'd be with Erik Johnson heading up the blue line. Pisses me off that we handed you Crombeen on a silver platter, though.
Crombeen has been pretty good too.
And I cant wait for next year.
EJ, Pietrangelo, Jackman, Polak, Brewer, and Mckee back on D
And the forward position should be damn delicious.
Perron in his third year.
Berglund and Oshie in their second.
Tkachuk, Kariya, Mcdonald, Boyes, Backes and everyone else.
Holy fuck it will be exciting. And Mason is playing near perfect right now.

The Hawks are one of the more entertaining teams to watch. They play fast and take advantage of their skating and youthful energy. Sounds like a good deal.

Frustrating loss to the Pens tonight. They outplayed them, but didn't get a very good performance in goal. That hasn't happened much this year.

The Devils have this excellent offer for the St Patrick's day game vs the Blackhawks. It's $50 for a hot dog voucher, a 16oz beer voucher, a two way train pass, and a ticket to the game (face value $75). I might take off from work that night for the game.

Thats an awesome deal...take it. Hell, it cost me $75 just for parking near the Garden to go see the Bruins!:lol:

Bruins v Caps today...should be good.

I'm assuming that was Stewart for the Panthers fighting...I absolutely love his style of play...

Speaking of fights, Laraque just beat the shit out of Jody Shelley of the Sharks, My habbies are owning the Sharks 3-0 after one :)

I won 2 tickets for the Devils-Panthers game last night on ebay for $120 total (face value for 2 seats is $460). I knew the tickets were in the club seating area which has a free buffet, lounge area and bar. I didn't know exactly where the seats were because it said row 1W on the ticket. HOLY SHIT it ended up being a private area right up against the glass by the penalty box. The guy that sold the seats has them as season tickets and asked me for my phone number if he has any extra seats in the future. :kickass: The Devils completely dominated the game from the opening face-off to the end. The shots on goal were 46-17 and the final score was 7-2.

IMG_1382.jpg

IMG_1375.jpg

IMG_1350.jpg

IMG_1383.jpg

Pretty fucking awesome seats, you must've been able to even smell the sweat :kickass:. Did you pour soda over the penaltied Panthers?

^
IMO hockey is the best sport to watch live (or on tv for that matter)...and with those seats...sweet!

Great B's v Caps game yesterday. Both teams played great...it was an edge of your seat playoff-like game. Though, Thomas picked the wrong time to let up his worst piece-of-shit-goal of the year.:yell:
Semin scores with an 80 ft slapshot shot...Caps win in OT.

Dude, I don't know what the fuck is going on but Jaroslav Halak just keeps stealing games, it's unbelievable, the guy is a monster in net right now, 47 saves last night against the sharks in a 3-2 win.

My Blues are doing really well lately, beating Minnesota 5-3 after a bad loss to Detroit. Now they're only a point out of an 8 seed.

The Devils are in good position to wind up in first place in their conference. They've definitely been the strongest team in the league since the all-star break. They're 6 points out of first, but they've also played 3 less games, and they've been playing quite a bit better than the Bruins for a while now. Looks like they won't be finishing any lower than second either way with the Capitals just losing big tonight.

I'm sure there's some illegal means of watching games. You can watch games on nhl.com if you pay.

Ok thanks man, I'm thinking about watching some games next weekend, it gets a bit late for me to watch on a weekday. What channels show NHL games, ESPN?