NHL kicks off in Prague

Impressive win for the B's v Devils in a statement game! B's have recently been playing o.k. but have been in a bad habit of throwing away leads and losing games...but not today. B's forwards had the Devils D- under duress for a good part of the game...though NJ most always has Marty to bail them out if and when this happens.

The Devils still are well rounded and playing well at the right time...a scary team esp with Marty back. I am truly rooting for the Panthers to beat out Montreal for the last playoff seed. Would be an amazing comical disaster if Montreal does not make it? Though they probably will make it...face the B's in first round...and win...and kick us B's fans in the balls once again.

^
As much as I was impressed by the B's winning, I won't get too excited, nor would I be too concerned if I was a Devils fan. The B's for some strange reason have the next five days off???...knowing this, they completely geared up and surely let it all-out in Sundays game IMO. It does seem that NJ's defense can be pressured and a bit shaky at times...more than I'm use to seeing in the past. Though the cause may be because of Bostons forwards being bigger, better and faster than what I've seen in the past as well?

I agree that the NHL should open their eyes a bit more and realize that thier is alot more good going on now in the League than just hyping the Rangers, Detroit, Pitt and Mr. Crosby. The later wich I have been sick of for awhile now. As good as he is, I don't think Crosby is even the best player on his team, nevermind the best in the league. Did the NHL also forget that Boston and Chicago are original six teams, doing well, and are a very attractive commodity right now.

The more reason to go help your team imo, but nothing to do about it if your economy is tight I guess. I usually have season tickets so it doesn't matter to me.

So Montreal is defanitly back, I would not want to be the team who has to face us, if we keep playing like this.

Honestly, I do not want to be the team who has to face the Habs. They are just ripping it up. And don't come to me saying oh It's the Leafs, Islanders, etc... Excuse me but there are no such thing as a bad team. Atlanta can pretty much beat the best teams whenever they want, but when they play the horrible teams they blow.

Anyways Koivu, Tanguay and Kovalev. Best and hottest line in the NHL right now, they are absolutely ripping it up.

Amazing B's v Habs game lastnite...5-4 B's win in OT. Very intense, lots of penalties, both teams lost thier composer at times...not sure of some of Montreals tactics? Thought they should have played a clean game and really focus on the 2-points that they desparately needed...but whatever. Its o.k. to try and goat a guy into a dumb penalty but when your 6'-5" 230 (Habs R.Obyrne) you give a guy a cheap shot then turtle like a girl when challenged...comical, very Avery-like. I thought the refs (God forbid if Montreal doesn't make the playoffs) did thier best-more so at the end to give pp chances to the Habs. A.Ward almost gets his head taken off with a high-stick-no call?...then Hab player barely gets touched, Montreal gets the pp at end of reg into OT? Either way Bruins have shown they can beat teams any way...with skill / finess or rough and tough etc. I only hope they came out of lastnites war- healthy?

Bottom line...only these two teams and this rivalry can give you a game like lastnite in wich the 2-pts really didn't matter to one of the teams. Montreal did what they had to and barely gets in the playoffs, yet could still be a dangerous opponent IMO. These two teams could very well be a first round matchup? VERY NICE!

Good times, I'll be catching as much games as I can. Can't say I really have a strong favourite team but I'll be cheering for Vancouver.

Amazing B's v Habs game lastnite...5-4 B's win in OT. Very intense, lots of penalties, both teams lost thier composer at times...not sure of some of Montreals tactics? Thought they should have played a clean game and really focus on the 2-points that they desparately needed...but whatever. Its o.k. to try and goat a guy into a dumb penalty but when your 6'-5" 230 (Habs R.Obyrne) you give a guy a cheap shot then turtle like a girl when challenged...comical, very Avery-like. I thought the refs (God forbid if Montreal doesn't make the playoffs) did thier best-more so at the end to give pp chances to the Habs. A.Ward almost gets his head taken off with a high-stick-no call?...then Hab player barely gets touched, Montreal gets the pp at end of reg into OT? Either way Bruins have shown they can beat teams any way...with skill / finess or rough and tough etc. I only hope they came out of lastnites war- healthy?

Bottom line...only these two teams and this rivalry can give you a game like lastnite in wich the 2-pts really didn't matter to one of the teams. Montreal did what they had to and barely gets in the playoffs, yet could still be a dangerous opponent IMO. These two teams could very well be a first round matchup? VERY NICE!

To be honest with you, the only team Boston needs to be afraid of is Montreal, they know that they haven't played like they should have all season, and they know that they can break out some super offense at anytime, it'll be intense for sure, but this series will be decided by goaltending and special teams not 5 on 5, and I think Montreal has the advantage on the PP. If we get in your heads penalties will probably be called.

Price seems to have found his game aswell, the 2 amazing saves he did last night against Pittsburgh, tells me he is ready to roll in the Post Season. Regardless of the outcome of that game

Anyways good luck to all teams, I think we're going to see alot of surprises in these playoffs.

Good times, I'll be catching as much games as I can. Can't say I really have a strong favourite team but I'll be cheering for Vancouver.

Vancouver should win...should, but they have a habit of losing to teams they should beat - like a few games ago when they got handled by Phoenix (again), Colorado, and Edmonton. In all seriousness, for Vancouver, it's a good thing Phoenix missed the playoffs.