NHL kicks off in Prague

I can barely even watch the Ducks-Wings series. Rafalski and Niedermayer are still Devils imo and watching them both raise the cup in another uniform broke my heart the past two years.

edit: Ovechkin is my favorite player of all time that hasn't worn a Devils uniform. He is just so fun to watch. I LOVE the way he plays physical an is still a very gifted offensive player like Peter Forsberg was in his prime.

Do you atleast enjoy rooting and being happy for them winning elsewhere...or is it screw them -now for being former Devils? As a B's fan...Joe Thorton drove me crazy as a Bruin. Good talent but seems to fall short when it really counts...I have rooted against him and the Sharks ever since he left Boston.

On the other hand, always loved R. Bourque and (before and after the trade to Colorado) also rooted for Sakic, Forsberg & Co. It was a thrill to see Ray finally win the Cup with them...just ashame he never won it all those years in Boston. Funny thing is, that year, Ray wanted badly and was very close to being delt to the Flyers...being that he wanted to stay close as possible to Boston and his family. So Sinden (GM) screws him over and ships him out to Colorado...though it all worked out in the end for Bourque.

I feel the same about Ovechkin as you...yes, very similar to Forberg but seems even more dynamic offensively. When Forsberg was healthy and primed...maybe the best complete player I've ever seen.

GO BRUINS! B's, C's and Sox tonite...SPORTSGASM TIME!

What do you Canadian guys think of my guess on the Canadian olympic team, am I close? (Yeah I know I'm early)

Heatley-Crosby-Smyth

Gagne-Savard-Iginla

Perry-Thornton-Getzlaf

Brind'Amour-Richards-Kesler

(Lecavalier, E.Staal, Spezza, Marleau)

Niedermayer-Boyle

Pronger-Green

Phaneuf-Souray

(Jovanovski, M.Staal, Blake)

1.Brodeur
2.Luongo
3.Mason

I think your a bit crazy here...

Here is how I see it

Heatley - Crosby - Iginla
St. Louis - Lecavalier - Getzlaf
E. Staal - Spezza - R. Nash
Briere - Savard - D. Roy

(Gagne, Toews, Thornton (I just don't see him being in the line-up))

Boyle - Green
S. Niedermayer - Pronger
Phaneuf - Campbell

(Souray, Bouwmeester, S. Weber)

Martin Brodeur
Roberto Luongo
Cam Ward

Concerning Thornton, I included him because of his experience, it's good to have people like that in big a tournament just for boosting team morale.

Concerning Thornton, I included him because of his experience, it's good to have people like that in big a tournament just for boosting team morale.

yeah, true, but that's why I put Pronger, Niedermayer, Iginla, St. Louis.

We'll see I guess. I was torn between Bouwmeester and Campbell considering they both have similar styles of play.

My Swedish one, imo not as hard to pick as Russia or Canada but still pretty hard.

J.Franzen - H.Zetterberg - T.Holmström
D.Sedin - H.Sedin - D.Alfredsson
M.Nilsson - N.Bäckström - L.Eriksson
F.Sjöström - N.Sundström - M.Samuelsson
(S.Påhlsson, A.Steen, K.Huselius)

N.Lidström - N.Kronwall
A.Edler - M.Öhlund
J.Oduya - K.Jönsson
(J.Ericsson, M.Timander)

1.Henrik Lundqvist
2.Johan Hedberg
3.Mikael Tellqvist

My Swedish one, imo not as hard to pick as Russia or Canada but still pretty hard.

J.Franzen - H.Zetterberg - T.Holmström
D.Sedin - H.Sedin - D.Alfredsson
M.Nilsson - N.Bäckström - L.Eriksson
F.Sjöström - N.Sundström - M.Samuelsson
(S.Påhlsson, A.Steen, K.Huselius)

N.Lidström - N.Kronwall
A.Edler - M.Öhlund
J.Oduya - K.Jönsson
(J.Ericsson, M.Timander)

1.Henrik Lundqvist
2.Johan Hedberg
3.Mikael Tellqvist

Instead of Hedberg, I would put Niklas Backstrom of the Minnesota Wild. He is a tremendous goaltender just with a non offensive team.

Well, I thought about including him, but I don't really know who I would change him with, he's a bit too slow for my tastes. On the other hand, if we're playing you guys for example he'd be good to have around if a fight starts, plus it's gonna be on a small rink so maybe. Depends on how he's doing next season, maybe I'll consider him.

Holy shit. The Hawks score 7 goals on Luongo, and Kane has a hat trick. What a thrilling game.

Hawks - Wings could be a legendary series, but I'd rather see the Ducks, since Chicago would have home ice.

Holy shit. The Hawks score 7 goals on Luongo, and Kane has a hat trick. What a thrilling game.

Hawks - Wings could be a legendary series, but I'd rather see the Ducks, since Chicago would have home ice.

No way original 6 matchup for the win!

"I mean who wouldn't put up great numbers being paired with Stevens and Lidstrom for the majority of their careers?"

Yea, but there is a reason we wanted to him, for exactly that pairing. Plus remember the play where he went down the middle and was telling Erickson to force the guy wide? That sort of play is top notch and extremely valuable to a team.

Yeah, there should have been a suspension on the act, regardless of any injury outcome or whatever. Funny thing is Ward supposeably has an orbital fracture but still played without a shield? These guys are crazy tough! They said the fracture could have been from a previous incident...but I'm sure the sucker-punch had something to do with it? It seemed to really piss off the B's and they have come back to force a game-7 in Boston. Three (series) game-7s on the docket...doesn't get any better than this!

Image how much it must suck to be Marian Hossa right now, first he loses the Stanley Cup with Pittsburgh against Detroit, swaps to Detroit, and loses the Stanley Cup against Pittsburgh :lol:
But on the other hand, they're all a bunch of millionaires so go figure.

4943_566849861532_36102611_33199523_3452914_n.jpg