NHL kicks off in Prague

To be honest with you, the only team Boston needs to be afraid of is Montreal, they know that they haven't played like they should have all season, and they know that they can break out some super offense at anytime, it'll be intense for sure, but this series will be decided by goaltending and special teams not 5 on 5, and I think Montreal has the advantage on the PP. If we get in your heads penalties will probably be called.

Tbh, I would worry about any team in the East...all these teams are closer than people think matchup wise IMO.

What a difference a year makes. Boston the 1-seed and Montreal is now the 8th-seed. Last year Boston as the 8th seed played Montreal very well and almost knocked the Habs out. I would be a bit surprised if the Habs won this series but not completely shocked...anything goes in this rivalry. Boston just needs to stay composed and not let Montreal under thier skin too much? With the best GAA and one of the best overall team defenses, I do really like Bostons chances against Montreal and possibly thru-out.

Side note: as great as Tim Thomas has been for Boston this year...until he wins a playoff series or two I'm not yet ready to call him truly great?

...and yes COOK-TA, this is the best time of year in sports for me as well...highlited by The Masters & of course the NHL playoffs

Tbh, I would worry about any team in the East...all these teams are closer than people think matchup wise IMO.

What a difference a year makes. Boston the 1-seed and Montreal is now the 8th-seed. Last year Boston as the 8th seed played Montreal very well and almost knocked the Habs out. I would be a bit surprised if the Habs won this series but not completely shocked...anything goes in this rivalry. Boston just needs to stay composed and not let Montreal under thier skin too much? With the best GAA and one of the best overall team defenses, I do really like Bostons chances against Montreal and possibly thru-out.

Side note: as great as Tim Thomas has been for Boston this year...until he wins a playoff series or two I'm not yet ready to call him truly great?

...and yes COOK-TA, this is the best time of year in sports for me as well...highlited by The Masters & of course the NHL playoffs

Yeah, it is quite a turn around, but no one is safe. All I'm saying is, is that the last 2 times you guys finished higher seeded then the Habs, we knocked you out both times, but not like easily, mostly 6 and 7 games. But the team who comes out the victor, will be the team who will be the most disciplined I am sure of it. I hope Markov will be ready to come back Sat or the 1st home game in Montreal. I'd love to see all hands on deck for this one.

Mathiäs;8193786 said:
So my Blues made it in. What a season for them. Hopefully they can squeak by Vancouver.

yeah they we're defanitly surprising everyone, but we will see Vancouver is the second hottest team since the all-star break, St. Louis is first obviously, but this defanitly a goaltender showdown.

VROOM VROOM, PARTY STARTER
sedinfags2.jpg

yeah, especially the fact that they won the game last night :)

I could say the same about the Kostitsyn brothers. give them a few years and those 2 will probably be rippin it up.

LETS HEAR IT MORE HOCKEY FANS?...the playoffs are moving along nicely. I'm a bit surprised but not shocked in what the Rangers are doing to the Caps. Lundqvist is awesome...capable of carrying a good team very far.

The second sweep of these playoffs now complete...Boston dominated the Habs.
Montreal really looks bad here in all fronts and I couldn't be happier.
-the fans... booing the US National Anthem?...screw all of you!

-the team...not even close to being on the same page. Sure they were banged up but the healthy skilled players were clearly out-willed and others acted like sore losers throughout this series. Going after Kessel after he sealed the a game with an empty net goal then crashing the same party with even more cheapshots as the game ended...BOGUS! On one of Ryders goals-seeing the two Montreal players coasting back half-assed side by side with thier sticks trying to be in the passing lane?...not how you want to back-check in the playoffs.

-coach...thank you B. Gainey for inserting Laroque into the potent first line and for giving him so much icetime??? Clearly overcoaching here in thinking Laroque would occupy Chara?

-Mike Komeserik...needs to find another guy other than Lucic to pick on...cause Lucic officially made you his bitch with a one-punch knockdown.

Nothing personal SYS RIFF. I've spent a long time and three quarters of my life getting kicked in the nuts by your Canadiens...so I'm going to enjoy this series victory a little bit.:D

LETS HEAR IT MORE HOCKEY FANS?...the playoffs are moving along nicely. I'm a bit surprised but not shocked in what the Rangers are doing to the Caps. Lundqvist is awesome...capable of carrying a good team very far.

The second sweep of these playoffs now complete...Boston dominated the Habs.
Montreal really looks bad here in all fronts and I couldn't be happier.
-the fans... booing the US National Anthem?...screw all of you!

-the team...not even close to being on the same page. Sure they were banged up but the healthy skilled players were clearly out-willed and others acted like sore losers throughout this series. Going after Kessel after he sealed the a game with an empty net goal then crashing the same party with even more cheapshots as the game ended...BOGUS! On one of Ryders goals-seeing the two Montreal players coasting back half-assed side by side with thier sticks trying to be in the passing lane?...not how you want to back-check in the playoffs.

-coach...thank you B. Gainey for inserting Laroque into the potent first line and for giving him so much icetime??? Clearly overcoaching here in thinking Laroque would occupy Chara?

-Mike Komeserik...needs to find another guy other than Lucic to pick on...cause Lucic officially made you his bitch with a one-punch knockdown.

Nothing personal SYS RIFF. I've spent a long time and three quarters of my life getting kicked in the nuts by your Canadiens...so I'm going to enjoy this series victory a little bit.:D

Ok seriously...I don't care but saying you completely dominated us is complete bullshit. Game 1 you guys barelly won that game, 3 and 4 we outplayed your asses for the about half of both of those games, but lucky bounces went your way, which killed us.

Game 4 was utter garbage, that Kessel goal should have been waved off, because he was clearly offside. (wou can watch the replay to verify that). But whatever, if you actually think your Bruins are going to go on nicely, I have news for you, the way you guys played this series, you are not making it past the 2nd round.

If Markov and Schneider we're both in the line-up for all games, we defanitly win 1 or 2 for sure. But whatever, I'm gonna enjoy wartching them lose in the 2nd round.

This Hawks-Flames series has been a rollercoaster so far. The home team has won the first four, but the road team scored first in every game. Tonight, after being tied 1-1 after 1, the Flames score 3 quick goals to go up 4-1, and the Hawks tie it back up before the end of the 2nd. Really entertaining hockey.

Hehe, I haven't seen any of the Capitals-Rangers games but I sure know what a wall Lundqvist can be when at his best.

He has been, and he's the Only Ranger I like, but I'd rather it'd be them than the Crapitals. Game 2 he absolutely robbed what looked like an easy goal for Alex 8.

So the Blues:cry: and Canadiens exit, only a matter of time before the Caps and Jackets go.

Ok seriously...I don't care but saying you completely dominated us is complete bullshit. Game 1 you guys barelly won that game, 3 and 4 we outplayed your asses for the about half of both of those games, but lucky bounces went your way, which killed us.

Game 4 was utter garbage, that Kessel goal should have been waved off, because he was clearly offside. (wou can watch the replay to verify that). But whatever, if you actually think your Bruins are going to go on nicely, I have news for you, the way you guys played this series, you are not making it past the 2nd round.

If Markov and Schneider we're both in the line-up for all games, we defanitly win 1 or 2 for sure. But whatever, I'm gonna enjoy wartching them lose in the 2nd round.

Yes, game-1 was close and at times Montreal carried the play in other games. But overall the Bruins controlled this series and when even down a goal to start some games the B's never panic and eventually dominated these games. This, plus a series sweep is dominant in any way you look at it...but whatever. I think if Montreal actually focused on just thier skilled offensive game the series would have been closer. They seemed for some reason too pre-occupied in trying to goat the Bruins...I was happy for this cause I knew the Bruins would be disciplined in this series.

Sure if Montreal was healthy this is a closer series but Boston still prevails here IMO. Tthe reasons are better goaltending and Boston has a complete roster of guys that play two-way hockey and believe in thier system. Montreal simply does not have this. Kovelav is one of the most skilled players the game has ever seen but there are some nites the guy won't back-check to save his life and help his team win...they have others who do the same.

I'm not making any guarantees with my Bruins giving the fact they will probably face in next round a real goaltender in Lundqvist and a team in the Rangers that will play tough in both ends of the ice. But if you don't think this Bruins team isn't strong and for real...then I think you're sour-grapes here and you are wrong.

Yes, game-1 was close and at times Montreal carried the play in other games. But overall the Bruins controlled this series and when even down a goal to start some games the B's never panic and eventually dominated these games. This, plus a series sweep is dominant in any way you look at it...but whatever. I think if Montreal actually focused on just thier skilled offensive game the series would have been closer. They seemed for some reason too pre-occupied in trying to goat the Bruins...I was happy for this cause I knew the Bruins would be disciplined in this series.

Sure if Montreal was healthy this is a closer series but Boston still prevails here IMO. Tthe reasons are better goaltending and Boston has a complete roster of guys that play two-way hockey and believe in thier system. Montreal simply does not have this. Kovelav is one of the most skilled players the game has ever seen but there are some nites the guy won't back-check to save his life and help his team win...they have others who do the same.

I'm not making any guarantees with my Bruins giving the fact they will probably face in next round a real goaltender in Lundqvist and a team in the Rangers that will play tough in both ends of the ice. But if you don't think this Bruins team isn't strong and for real...then I think you're sour-grapes here and you are wrong.

I never said they we're horrible, I'm just saying that the tying goals in games 3 and 4, we're lucky as shit. even though you guys we're up quickly 2-1 in game 4, and the atrocious missed called on Kessel, that was basically the game, the refs absolutely blew that call.

But whatever. Bad timing for injuries cost us. If everyone was healthy, I would think that Boston doesn't succeed in making it past the 1st round. I just don't see it. They got all the lucky bounces in that series. and we had like 4 guys who've never played a playoff game before.

But whatever, next year will be entirely better, our young prospects like Subban, Weber, Pacioretty is gonna help us alot in the long run, and especially the fact that Kovalev and Tanguay indeed want to return to Montreal. And I'm pretty sure Lang will return next year.

Go Nucks and Canes!!!

I never said they we're horrible, I'm just saying that the tying goals in games 3 and 4, we're lucky as shit. even though you guys we're up quickly 2-1 in game 4, and the atrocious missed called on Kessel, that was basically the game, the refs absolutely blew that call.

But whatever. Bad timing for injuries cost us. If everyone was healthy, I would think that Boston doesn't succeed in making it past the 1st round. I just don't see it. They got all the lucky bounces in that series. and we had like 4 guys who've never played a playoff game before.

But whatever, next year will be entirely better, our young prospects like Subban, Weber, Pacioretty is gonna help us alot in the long run, and especially the fact that Kovalev and Tanguay indeed want to return to Montreal. And I'm pretty sure Lang will return next year.

Go Nucks and Canes!!!

So the Bruins are just a "lucky as shit team"...you gotta be kidding me? They were a 1-seed that was offensively and defensively at the top throughout the league during the whole season. You make it sound like they won this series by a fluke. They are clearly a better team than the (even at full strength) Habs and proved it all season and in this series...give them some credit for christ sakes! Stop with the injuries excuses...every team is banged-up right now and Boston remember was without two of thier better players in Sturm and Ferrence. Injuries aside, you were the one who said "watch out you don't want to be the team that faces Montreal in the first round"? How'd that work out for ya?

Also, the Kessel missed offside was a nice break for him and the Bruins...but that is not an absolutely blown atrocious missed call. That is a bang-bang continuous play that happens all the time, sometimes you get the call, sometimes you don't...these calls usually even out. Price still could have made the save and made it a mute point. An atrocious call would be allowing a kicked-in puck to be a goal or the refs missing or getting a play under review decision cleary wrong for example.