NHL

I caught bits n' pieces of the Wings 'Hawks game (got home to a computer issue - got the puter up n' running but the external... it's still on the operating table)...

I'm lookin' forward to the 'Canes Pens game tonight - I'm not saying anything about who I think will win in how many for fear of jinxing my hope.... but Rockin the Red still applies ;p

I'm lookin' forward to the 'Canes Pens game tonight - I'm not saying anything about who I think will win in how many for fear of jinxing my hope.... but Rockin the Red still applies ;p

I don't know too much about the Canes, so I can't really say unless I see them play. My guess is that the Pens may lose the first game, figure out what they need to do, and come back and give them a wallop in the rest of the series! :lol:

n1146831244_504949_3090402.jpg

2a91lxl.jpg

mulecrossing.jpg

hawksschoolposter.jpg

You Hawk bashers better be careful.. the game I saw - the Wings didn't know how to handle the speed of the Hawks; their puck fumbling in the first 2 periods showed that... Yeah they got things going in the 3rd but I definitely wouldn't count the Hawks totally out...

You Hawk bashers better be careful.. the game I saw - the Wings didn't know how to handle the speed of the Hawks; their puck fumbling in the first 2 periods showed that... Yeah they got things going in the 3rd but I definitely wouldn't count the Hawks totally out...
Thanks, JL! Yes, to be fair, this is an arch rivalry on the biggest stage possible for these 2 Central Division foes. There is certainly no love lost between these 2 teams and their fans, and I'll just leave it at that.

They ALL said that after the game. I imagine it'll change in game 2. They'll probably lose game 3, but that'll be it.

kinda funny how all the Caps fans want Carolina now.Even though that is the Caps biggest regular season division RIVAL! That's one of the biggest reasons it is so rewarding when Pens go forward.

And if the Caps had beat the Pens in our series, you guys would be rootin' for the 'Canes too so what's the difference?? And actually, the 'Canes are barely a rival - our real rivals are in the Atlantic Divison, since we got 'moved' to the SouthEast with all the expansion teams....

The only thing that saved you guys last night was Fleury finally showed up 'cause your team played like shit...

You made a good point there, JL, regarding the divisional realignments and the traditional rivalries. The Thrashers archrivals are Tampa Bay and Florida, definitely. I would think that Washington's biggest rivals would be Pittsburgh and Philly.

kinda funny how all the Caps fans want Carolina now.Even though that is the Caps biggest regular season division RIVAL! That's one of the biggest reasons it is so rewarding when Pens go forward.
Of course I'll be cheering on a Southeast team! f the Thrashers can't advance(and they usually don't) it might as well be one of our divisional counterparts. GO CANES!:headbang::kickass:

Let's go Pen-Guins *clap clap clapclapclap :)

I think the Pens/Caps was the best series we'll get in the East. I can't see the Canes beating the Pens. I have been wrong before, but the Caps were the biggest speedbump (IMO) for ANY team to beat in the East.

On the west though, even though I was born in Michigan, I'd rather see the Hawks in the cup for a change of pace.

Of course I'll be cheering on a Southeast team! f the Thrashers can't advance(and they usually don't) it might as well be one of our divisional counterparts. GO CANES!:headbang::kickass:

Really?

You fail at hockey.

And if the Caps had beat the Pens in our series, you guys would be rootin' for the 'Canes too so what's the difference?? And actually, the 'Canes are barely a rival - our real rivals are in the Atlantic Divison, since we got 'moved' to the SouthEast with all the expansion teams....

Actually, If the Caps beat the Pens, Id be rooting for the Prince of Whales trophy to spontaneously explode. I've actually had seasons where in the Finals, I would pray and hope The Stanley Cup would mysteriously vanish so neither team could win it. Sadly, that never came true.

You made a good point there, JL, regarding the divisional realignments and the traditional rivalries. The Thrashers archrivals are Tampa Bay and Florida, definitely. I would think that Washington's biggest rivals would be Pittsburgh and Philly.

I'd say Rangers and Pens.

The rivalry between the Rangers (as far as the Caps go) has only really picked up and gotten somewhat serious over the last 10 years or so... It took a HUGE spike when the Rangers came to town and Simon got dropped in a scrum infront of the Caps net... I was at that game - THAT was freakin' awesome... Brawls every few minutes for the rest of the game - gloves n' sticks everywhere and then..... Bench clearing brawl at the final buzzer.... Probably the best hockey game I've been too - lots o' fighting!!!

Even with the Rangers rivalry, it still doesn't match the rivalry between the Cryers... and then it's to even another level against the Pens... those black n' gold (and baby blue - that's a WTF) bastards.. :p