NHL

I gotta give Huet props, he's having a monster game in the first period. Of course, he's getting a lot of help from the Chicago defensemen, not letting the Wings get too many rebounds. 21 saves, though. Killer!

Only four more games and the PENS could win the Stanley Cup yet again! :) They swept the 'Canes, they can sweep the Red Wings (yeah, Chicago could win...maybe on a good day)

GO PENS!

I think that it would be freaking hilarious if the Pens and Red Wings play again and the Pens win this time. Poor Hossa.

Lol, I called it before the series started. I even called the games! :) Glad they won though, Poor Hawks. What is that, 62 years now? Ouch!

Much as I'd love to see Pittsburgh win the cup, I think the wings will have it in 6 games.

Lol, I called it before the series started. I even called the games! :) Glad they won though, Poor Hawks. What is that, 62 years now? Ouch!

Much as I'd love to see Pittsburgh win the cup, I think the wings will have it in 6 games.
The Hawks far exceeded my expectations for them in 2008-09. They took DET into OT 3 games in this series. My hat's off to my Hawks for an awesome comeback season! I can't wait to see what they'll do next season! They've done Chicago and all their fans proud! I agree with Nailz on the SC Finals, though. Wings in 6, but GO PENS!:headbang:

No, you misunderstood what I really meant. I wasn't picking the Wings to beat my Blackhawks, never! I only actually expected the Hawks to make it to the 2nd Round this year, which they did. I rest my case. next year, however, they must at least win the Western Conference. i don't think that's too much to ask of them, considering they were so close to reaching that milestone this postseason.

Yeah as long as the refs call bogus penalties on the Wings and ignore the 6 Pens in their offensive zone for 15 - 20 seconds, never making the call, the Wings will have a rough time - but Datsyuk could be back for the next game...

Buttman is doing all he can to get his poster boy a Cup...

Yeah as long as the refs call bogus penalties on the Wings and ignore the 6 Pens in their offensive zone for 15 - 20 seconds, never making the call

Yeah, that seems a little TOO obvious to have been an officiating "mistake". I hope the NHL does the right thing and owns up to this. This non-call cost the Red Wings the game.

Whine whine whine, the refs were just letting them play, like they've been doing through the finals! :lol:

I heard about that, I didn't get to see it because some genius decided it'd be awesome to put the games on VS rather than ABC (WTF, REALLY? THE FINALS?) and I don't have cable. Not surprised Detroit threw game 3 though. They like to win at home.

Whine whine whine, the refs were just letting them play, like they've been doing through the finals! :lol:

Hehehe... I wonder if those Detroit fans want some cheese with their whine! :lol:

I agree about not being able to see the final since very few systems carry Versus as standard fare (unless you want to pay through the nose for a sports tier!). The FINALS should be on ESPN or NBC, not on some 2-bit network :(

Actually I'm not a Red Wings fan - just calling it like I see it... When Doc and Eddie (game announcers) are going 'I can't believe they can't see this!!' and start counting how long it takes for them to make the call - with one ref at the blue line and the other to the right of the net - and it's never made... That's not whining - it's just the plain truth

and thank NBC for them bumping the game to Versus for their 'I'm a Celebrity get me outta here' crap of a show...

Actually I'm not a Red Wings fan - just calling it like I see it... When Doc and Eddie (game announcers) are going 'I can't believe they can't see this!!' and start counting how long it takes for them to make the call - with one ref at the blue line and the other to the right of the net - and it's never made...
Wow, that's really sad. Who was reffing? I'm a huge Wings fan, but I work 2nd shift so I couldn't watch it. I see Malkin had 3 assists, and that bastard shouldn't have even been on the ice for Game 3...all thanks to Bettman rescinding the league's own rule about instigating in the last 5 minutes of a game...pathetic. But yeah, hopefully Datsyuk returns for Game 4 and frikkin lights it up :)