NHL

Buttman would never let that happen... Let's be honest, nothing was really suspendable during G5, not even Talbot's slash on Dats' foot... If the Pens don't pull it together n' keep their emotions in some kind of check, they'll be reliving their last game last season... They took WAY too many stupid penalities due to their inability to keep their frustration in check - they were embarassed and they couldn't handle it..

Wasn't that Zetterberg? It wasn't even that bad of a slash. Total dive. Good draw though.

Not the one I'm referring to - Tablot was a slashing FOOL Sat night... They were just trying to get something going - but every player in black imploded on themselves...

tonight's going to be a KICK ASS :kickass::kickass: game... And NHL Awards next Thursday (18th) and the weekend after that (26 - 28) DRAFT WEEKEND!!!! And soon after that it'll be time for the rookies to show up at camp...

God I love hockey...

Wasn't that Zetterberg? It wasn't even that bad of a slash. Total dive. Good draw though.

No it was Dats and he didn't even go down to the ground, I think the refs called it because of Dats previous injury....

"Eh, no just not as funny, sorry"

Well dude I am sorry there is nothing funny about someone lossing for 2 different teams.....happens to many players most of their careers.

Now come on, don't be so hard on yourself - some hockey fans out there don't even KNOW the donut reference!!

Us hockey fans will have to meet up at PPX n' have a drink together :)

Well Koharski has since retired and him and Schoen-y are now friends... (they had a great bit about it on NHL Network a few weeks ago) But please, feel free to bitch at Davorski all day long - he's a worthless POS

I gotta say, last night's Game 6 was probably one of the best hockey games I've ever seen all round... The refs let 'em play, the goalies were freakin' outstanding and - God I hate to say this - the Pens put up one hell of a fight to stay alive...

Game 7 is going to be the shizznit... :headbang:

Really? I thought Detroit looked very ... bored. Like they didn't want to win. I mean, there were spurts of Wings Hockey, but all and all, it was like Pittsburgh in game 5. If it wasn't for Ozzie catching fire (seriously, wow.) they'd have lost 19-1. Would've been a loooong overtime game if Zets didn't hit the post. Ah well, everyone loves a game 7. Especially Detroit fans. 4th game 7 in 7 cup championship rounds? Nice.

Fedetenko made some great saves in those last chaotic moments infront of the Pens' net when Fleury was out of position...

I enjoyed the fact that the refs pretty much let the teams play - of course there were some blatent penalties not called but it made for great hockey.. Got the emotions kicked up to another level, it got a bit more dirty - I loved it... Detriot was blanked in the first - next to no shots on net thru most of the 2nd... The Pens D did their job; it was a great defensive game... :kickass::kickass:

I freakin' DESPISE the Pens (except for Malkin and Cooke) but props where they're due.. Hell Crosby's been a non-factor; what's he got 3 points in 6 games?? That in and of itself speaks volumes for the Wings..

Yeah, it was a much more entertaining game from the second period on, when the Detroit offense started to show up and put some pressure on the Pens. My team lost, but it was a great game!

and... heh, I despise the Pens except for Guerin and Staal. :)

I really wanna know something.

Explain to me, how a player can lift an opponent's leg above his own head, 20 feet from a referee, well within his good peripheral vision, and not get called for a penalty.

Justify that for me, legitimately, and I will accept that loss last night.

It went both ways... we could argue all the non-calls last night, but it was a 'let 'em play' mentality for most of the game... Hell even Pierre MacGuire was bitchin' about the refs not calling a couple interference calls and a charging call on the Pens and he is a typical NBC-luvs-Crosby-and-they-can-do-no-wrong commentator...

I understand the frustration with the non-calls but there were TONS of 'em.. I liked the whole 'let their play dictate the winner'...

I also prefer a virtual no-holds barred ref'd game, especially when it's a potential stanley cup winning game. There are the obviously horrible blatent things that absolutely MUST be called, but outside of that, I'd prefer the teams decide the games, not the referees. So while I would have liked to see Detroit win, I don't mind too much about the non-calls. Detroit certainly took advantage of them when they realized what was going on. Face it, Detroit played a pretty dismal game.

Fedetenko made some great saves in those last chaotic moments infront of the Pens' net when Fleury was out of position...

I enjoyed the fact that the refs pretty much let the teams play - of course there were some blatent penalties not called but it made for great hockey.. Got the emotions kicked up to another level, it got a bit more dirty - I loved it... Detriot was blanked in the first - next to no shots on net thru most of the 2nd... The Pens D did their job; it was a great defensive game... :kickass::kickass:

I freakin' DESPISE the Pens (except for Malkin and Cooke) but props where they're due.. Hell Crosby's been a non-factor; what's he got 3 points in 6 games?? That in and of itself speaks volumes for the Wings..

I'm quite impressed that Malkin is one of the few NHLers who actually uses the ear guards his helmet came with.

I really wanna know something.

Explain to me, how a player can lift an opponent's leg above his own head, 20 feet from a referee, well within his good peripheral vision, and not get called for a penalty.

Justify that for me, legitimately, and I will accept that loss last night.

Refs in alls sports have a tendency to look the other way in the playoffs. I hate the policy. The games should be called like they are in the regular season.