NHL

Wow.. the Flyers start whippin' up on the Hawks n' their fans go silent...

It's a series now and that's all I wanted.... Still torn on who I want to win~!!

LETS GO HAWKS!!! ONE MORE WIN!!! What a great game. I am glad they finally woke up and got their heads back into this series. Nice job guys. Keep up the good work!!!

I think it will be a great game 7, both teams do better at home but Flyers are the more clutch of the two. I did miss 1st and 2nd period because of work but did catch the third

Fantastic game! Amazing the amount of scoring. The next game should be killer as well. Can't wait. Go Hawks!

Wow.. the Flyers start whippin' up on the Hawks n' their fans go silent...

It's a series now and that's all I wanted.... Still torn on who I want to win~!!

I for one didn't want to jinx it after calling for a trouncing on Fri. I was just a game early iin my prediction. :) Now I will just be calm and return here to celebrate once they seal the deal.

Congrats, Black Hawks. Awesome goal, awesome game, awesome series, awesome season. Closely played final game, but in the end, I think the better team won.

Sad they couldn't have done it in Chicago. Kinda lame hearing them booed as they skated with The Cup. But then Philly fans have always been so classy.

What a game! What a year for the guys on the Hawks with the Olympics and now drinking from Lord Stanley's Cup! I hope they enjoy the feeling and realize how hard it is to get back.

Us fans are calling for a minimum 4-peat. It'll make those 4 cups over 12 years won in Detroit look like child's play. Da Hawks!!

Last night I was watching the game, and got pretty hammered, so I started getting all philosophical and shit...and while in this stupor, I realized one of the main reasons I love hockey:

I never hear baseball players say "I want to win the World Series trophy" (hell, no one even knows what it's called); they say "I want a RING".

I never hear football players say "I want to win the Lombardi trophy"; they say "I want a RING".

Even fans say shit about rings...you know, like "ONE FOR THE THUMB, BITCHES!!!"

Hockey players get rings, too...but I never hear hockey players (or fans) say "I want a RING"...hockey players say "I want to win THE CUP"..."I want to hold THE CUP"..."I want to kiss THE CUP"..."I want to drink beer out of THE CUP"..."I want to sleep with THE CUP", whatever.

Even when Jeremy Roenick got emotional afterwards, he wasn't talking about a ring...he was talking about THE CUP.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE baseball and football...but, man, hockey is the shit...I can't WAIT for October to get here :kickass:

Damn James, you're so right on that!!

It was a great series - I LOVED seeing the 'Hawks win it in Philly.. I know what that feels like and some of their fans are flat out nasty so, if their going to boo, they deserve having to watch it (props to 'em for not leaving tho!)

I gotta admit, I felt really bad for Roenick.. Just seeing the look on his face and hearing his voice crack, 'I never got to do that'... That is what sooo many hockey players feel every time when they see another team hoist that Cup... Milbury tried to make him feel better to...

the parade highlights n' speeches were great but someone tell Versteeg not to give up his day job for rapping :) I think my two fave moments both came from Kane tho - his interview with Pierre immediately after the game and a line from his speech 'to the taxi drivers out there, I love you'

The sad thing is tho, the 'Hawks are going to look very different next year... They're salary strapped with guys to sign - I've heard they're trying to dump Campbell and Huet and some other guys just won't get re-signed.. But both Campbell and Huet got EXTREMELY overpaid and no team wants to touch 'em... I hope they find a way to figure it out and still contend 'cause their young core can't do it alone

flyers did me proud.

i think our run meant more and will be remembered far past that win by chicago anyway...we'll be back for the stanley cup. someone wins it every year...people don't do what we did every year.

plus that goal to end it was so weak for a championship lol.

great series.