Nice artwork on Viva Emptiness

soul4asecond

Twat Twam Asi
Nov 15, 2001
Helsinki, Finland
www.terorized.com
Finally got my hands on that real copy and I gotta admit that the silver brings a nice effect to the gray.

Why did you make it so simple for the lyrics if you compare to for example Tonight's Decision.. You could've easily just made it more visual and less classy by extending the pictures. I like the current booklet but it's always nice to ask questions about the work.. :)

what's with the wanderer in the booklet again? he wasn't on LFDGD but here he is again.. ?

how is the silver incorporated into the layout? is it just lyrics/logo or does the actual cover have like a silver background?

Tero,

Glad to hear the silver worked out. Still waiting to see it. Actually, all the illustrations in the booklet were done in the best context for each, and there was really not much of them to extend, except for maybe just repeating the texture, which would have been distracting and pointless, and would have ruined the focus, and the alternating and classy vibe of the lyrics that we achieved would be lost. On some things the best interpretaions are built on not what you put in, but what you leave out. New DTB is a good example of this. I don't like hearing about that text though, maybe something got adjusted last minute, or it was a cutting issue.

hmm.. I think it's a cutting issue. I mean it's too close to the edge to be a 'artistical' thingie and you can see that it's been adjusted wrongly because it's only on that page.

One thing that really bothers me in the booklet is the 'city of glass' in the end... I mean the rest of the pictures seem to fit there nicely as they look real and all but the city of glass looks like it's out of some old superman comic book or something. looks kinda odd but I think as a concept it fits in there.

you haven't had these? I know our magazine got these first and it's been over a month already since we had these. I just got these from Peaceville a day before I posted this thread. I'll mail you an addy where to mail to get your copy.