Viva Emptiness / first impressions

@voidhead, what do you think of the lyrics? Is there a kind of "concept" in the album? Are the lyrics quite different from the ones we are used to?

Uaaaaaau!!!! Criminals are incredible!!!!!!! and the part final of Evidence...... Ghost of the sun is "contundente"!!!!

In spanish:

Pienso que con este disco Katatonia se va a hacer más conocido de lo que ellos creen...Peaceville decían en su web que este es el año de Katatonia y no van desencaminados...auguro que será el mejor disco del año de la escena mano con mano de Opeth...

Viva Emptiness es increiblde!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it doesnt mean anything. i was just
wondering if yr petri eskelinen. and
if you are... that would explain why
you've heard VE. no big deal.

I'm a bit afraid the new album wouldn't bring what I really want. Same goes for Opeth and Children of Bodom. I really like those bands, but their latest efforts cannot seduce me. It's all become very predictable. I hope Katatonia won't die the same way...

I'm a bit afraid the new album wouldn't bring what I really want. Same goes for Opeth and Children of Bodom. I really like those bands, but their latest efforts cannot seduce me. It's all become very predictable. I hope Katatonia won't die the same way...

Fuck sake how can you say that about Deliverance??? it was the best album of 2002 ... hopefully damnation will change that

Originally posted by ether
@voidhead, what do you think of the lyrics? Is there a kind of "concept" in the album? Are the lyrics quite different from the ones we are used to?

I'm not sure, haven't really listened to the lyrics that closely yet. I would say that what I've picked up so far, the lyrics are in the same Katatonia-vein, very well-written and emotional.

Originally posted by alejandro
it doesnt mean anything. i was just if yr petri eskelinen. and if you are... that would explain why you've heard VE. no big deal.

Originally posted by abyssofdreams
you mean because of RAPTURE ...

Alejandro & abyssofdreams, that don't explain shit. But that wasn't a big deal even to begin with, I was just being curious...

-Petri

I've listened to the three promo songs now and I like Evidence the most. It has a nice chorus and is the moodiest of the three. Ghost of the sun isn't really my cup of tea...Criminals is good with a good chorus...but I have to say that I expected more. But I've only listened to the songs once so they might grow within the next days..

Originally posted by Silentjohan
I've listened to the three promo songs now and I like Evidence the most. It has a nice chorus and is the moodiest of the three. Ghost of the sun isn't really my cup of tea...Criminals is good with a good chorus...but I have to say that I expected more. But I've only listened to the songs once so they might grow within the next days..

exactly the same here...