Nick Crow 8505 and Reaper?

fader198

Jan 24, 2010
Hi all! I am new to this production business and had a quick question about Nick Crow's 8505 VST (or any VST for that matter) and Reaper.

When I track two takes of the same part is there a way I can only have one instance of the 8505 running but effecting both tracks? I would like to do this due to the fact that if I run the 8505 on every track I want to use it on it eats up alot of my ASIO time usage.

Sorry if this is a newb question but any help would be appreciated.

When you make a track in Reaper you can press the little icon that looks lake a 'windows map'. If you set up the fx on that track, they will also be applied to the tracks under that specific track

Right click: Apply Track FX to items as new take.

Then move the newly rendered item to a new track - this is better. If you use routing to a folder track, you will hear the DI plus the amp and it will sound bad.

When I track two takes of the same part is there a way I can only have one instance of the 8505 running but effecting both tracks? I would like to do this due to the fact that if I run the 8505 on every track I want to use it on it eats up alot of my ASIO time usage.

1. Not without bouncing each track down, unfortunately. 8505 and 7170 are mono-only.

2. Even if it WAS stereo, so you could run two guitar tracks through it, you wouldn't be saving any significant resources. A stereo guitar plugin is literally a shell with two mono versions inside it, sharing the same knobs.