nick drake tribute album by me

Judge gsz said:
Man this is great!!! I will defenitly get one!!! this + the dvd release : 2004 is sweet!!!:hotjump: :Smokin: :headbang: :Spin:
and then we didn't even mentioned the new antimatter and the guys solo projects

:headbang:

WOW

this is great news
i'm pretty sure everyone on here will deffo be the first ones in that 1000 as we are the first ones to hear it dammit

danny wouldnt you consider adding a few other instruments to "bryter layter" tracks, as you know they were recorded with a full band? anyways, just my opinion. im pretty sure it will be lovely still

cedarbreed said:
One thing remains sure, you won't miss me ! I won't let you sleep in the derty streets of Pigalle and get robbed raped and killed :-s
:ill: don't scare me ffs!!!!!! *yells for rebel angel to be saved* ;)

If you find yourself unable to find a cheap hotel, you'll slepping at wally's place and that''s it, whe's got space enough to host the 4 of us though it's 45mn away from paris by car

siderea said:
heh. didnt know he`s dead for 30 years
heh. oops :) i thought he died at 27, as many great performers, u know like Joplin, Hendrix, Morrison... endless that one. seems like age 27 is a curse if u write brilliant music.

Nick Drake is born in Rangoon, Burma on June 19, 1948, 00.45 Greenwich time. Nick Drake died November 25,1974 in his parents' home in Tanworth-in-Arden. He died in his sleep around 6 am in the morning. Cause of death: An overdose of a tricyclic antidepressant and insomniac called Tryptizol (Tryptasol?). Nick used this medicine as a sleeping pill. The coroner declared it a suicide, but if he deliberately meant to take his life, we will never know.

so he was 26... young anyway :(
with 30 i just meant 30 years ago.
like kurt cobain died 10 years ago
and marvin gaye 20 years ago

aha so its the 30th anniversary of his death. i was born not long before he went, so it seems fitting to do it now then. good i am looking forward to it.

pagan2002 said:
aha so its the 30th anniversary of his death. i was born not long before he went, so it seems fitting to do it now then. good i am looking forward to it.

As are all us lookin forward to hearin this!!! :hotjump:

Danny plays Nick Drake, a new Anathema album sometime soon, a DVD even sooner.....

Life would be complete with a proper US tour oh yes :D
(or at least Mexico :erk: )

On a side note here, I recently discovered that Katatonia covered Pink Moon during the Viva Emptiness sessions, along with another Will Oldham song, I See A Darkness. Hopefully those tracks will see the light of day.