Nielsen SoundScan Report for this year for the curious.

VEHEMENCE

Helping The World To See
Jan 3, 2002
Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.
www.myspace.con
Some shit to talk about. I am already seeing a decline in sales, downloading have anything to do with it maybe, or just plain album unavailibility? I just find this stuff pretty interesting. Hey does anyone really like the newest DEVILDRIVER album, I think its really good, and they did really good live. The newest Darkest Hour should have sold more same with the Darkane. 600 for Darkane, man thats really weak. I hope ours isnt that bad for the first week of a new Vehemence album. As I Lay Dyings sales I expected that, everyone and their moms were talking about that release. Whos Dark new Day?

SOUNDSCAN REPORT: FOO FIGHTERS, STATIC-X, AS I LAY DYING, DARK NEW DAY, LIFE OF AGONY - June 22, 2005 The following are notable heavy metal/hard rock U.S. sales debuts for the week ending June 21, 2005, as reported by Nielsen SoundScan (The Billboard 200 chart position included, where applicable):

FOO FIGHTERS - "In Your Honor": 310,595 (#2)
STATIC-X – "Start a War" - 35,416 (#29)
AS I LAY DYING - "Shadows Are Security": 33,142 (#35)
DARK NEW DAY - "Twelve Year Silence": 12,536 (#103)
FUNERAL FOR A FRIEND - "Hours": 8,330 (#139)
LIFE OF AGONY - "Broken Valley": 7,689 (#146)
AGENTS OF MAN – "Count Your Blessings": 331

SOUNDSCAN REPORT: THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER, IOMMI, BYZANTINE, DARKANE - July 20, 2005
The following are notable heavy metal/hard rock U.S. sales debuts for the week ending July 19, 2005, as reported by Nielsen SoundScan (All figures are rounded to the nearest thousand, except numbers under 1,000, which are rounded to the nearest hundred; The Billboard 200 chart position included, where applicable):

THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER – "Miasma": 9,000 (#118)
IOMMI - "Fused": 3,000
BYZANTINE - "...And They Shall Take Up Serpents": 700
DARKANE - "Layers of Lies": 600

SOUNDSCAN REPORT: CKY, MEGADETH, DEVILDRIVER, DARKEST HOUR, THROWDOWN - July 6, 2005 The following are notable heavy metal/hard rock U.S. sales debuts for the week ending July 5, 2005, as reported by Nielsen SoundScan (The Billboard 200 chart position included, where applicable):

CKY – "An Answer Can Be Found": 27,786 (#35)
MEGADETH – "Greatest Hits: Back to the Start": 17,441 (#65)
DEVILDRIVER – "The Fury of Our Maker's Hand": 10,402 (#117)
DARKEST HOUR – "Undoing Ruin": 8,484 (#138)
THROWDOWN – "Vendetta": 7,188 (#156)
DEMONS & WIZARDS – "Touched by the Crimson King": 3,506

CKY: Former ALL THAT REMAINS Bassist Joins The Fold - July 19, 2005
Former ALL THAT REMAINS basist Matt Deis has been named the official touring bassist for CKY. Deis made his live debut with the group on Monday, July 18 at the Whisky A Go Go in West Hollywood, California. CKY reportedly performed a surprise/rehearsal show at the venue under the band name HAPPY BIRTHDAY PHIL (drummer Jess Margera's father Phil Margera's birthday was on July 13).

CKY's first major North American tour in two years will kick off August 8 at Soma in San Diego. The Adio Footwear-sponsored Rock Adio Tour will also feature FIREBALL MINISTRY and THE KNIVES. In addition, CKY will headline the 8th annual Skate Fest, which takes place September 9 in Worcester, MA.

CKY are touring in support of their fourth album, "An Answer Can Be Found", which sold 41,000 copies in the United States in its first two weeks of release, according to Nielsen SoundScan.
GIGANTOUR Sales Update - July 13, 2005 The Gigantour summer festival trek — featuring co-headliners MEGADETH and DREAM THEATER alongside with a host of support acts — is scheduled to kick off July 21 in Fresno, California. The following Nielsen SoundScan sales figures for the bands participating in the tour have been rounded to the nearest thousand:

MEGADETH – "Greatest Hits: Back to the Start": 28,000
MEGADETH - "The System Has Failed": 160,000
MEGADETH - "Countdown to Extinction": 2,262,000

DREAM THEATER - "Octavarium": 48,000
DREAM THEATER - "Train of Thought": 124,000
DREAM THEATER - "Metropolis Part 2: Scenes from a Memory": 165,000
DREAM THEATER - "Falling Into Infinity": 156,000
DREAM THEATER - "Images & Words": 603,000

FEAR FACTORY - "Archetype": 127,000
FEAR FACTORY - "Obsolete": 459,000
FEAR FACTORY - "Demanufacture": 267,000 (includes all re-releases)

THE DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN - "Miss Machine": 67,000
THE DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN - "Irony Is A Dead Scene" (EP) - 46,000
THE DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN - "Calculating Infinity": 69,000

NEVERMORE - "Enemies of Reality": 23,000
NEVERMORE - "Dead Heart, In A Dead World": 30,000
NEVERMORE - "Dreaming Neon Black": 24,000

LIFE OF AGONY - "Broken Valley": 16,000
LIFE OF AGONY - "Soul Searching Sun": 64,000
LIFE OF AGONY - "Ugly": 83,000
LIFE OF AGONY - "River Runs Red": 158,000

SYMPHONY X - "The Odyssey": 24,000
SYMPHONY X - "V: The New Mythology Suite": 19,000
SYMPHONY X - "Diving Wings of Tragedy": 9,000

DRY KILL LOGIC - "Dead And Dreaming": 24,000
DRY KILL LOGIC - "The Darker Side of Nonsense": 59,000

BOBAFLEX - "Primitive Epic": 4,000

Just goes to show you how obsolete soundscan is, because they can't track albums that are sold through unofficial sources or illegal trade (download or even cd burning from disk to disk). It's a fun thing to look at don't get me wrong, however I feel it isn't a very accurate gauge for how truly successful and liked a band is...
I mean just look at your cd collection john..... :Spin:

Unfortunately, the music industry bases who is most successful through these soundscan numbers, the bigger numbers for the band mean the bigger tours and opportunities, been told that again and again by the label, it sucks but oh well. Unearth and As I Lay Dying is touring with Slipknot, due to those numbers. Oh yes, I didn’t want to mention anything, but I lost about 200-300 of my real cds a while back ago. It was a sad day. So I am only stuck with burned ones, and don’t really plan on building a huge collection again..

VEHEMENCE said:
. Oh yes, I didn’t want to mention anything, but I lost about 200-300 of my real cds a while back ago. It was a sad day. So I am only stuck with burned ones, and don’t really plan on building a huge collection again..

Shit, that's a lot of cds! That really sucks. I'm building a pretty good collection and I would die if I would lose all those cds.

Yeah my sense of sentimental value died along with those cd's. Ill try to buy things always mint though, but I wont get too butt hurt if something gets scratched up a little. I am callused to stuff like that now because of what happened. I have all of the cd layouts, in their cases so whoever found my cd's might have just tossed the cd case away in the trash. I am not going to talk about it anymore. Stupid mistake. Live & learn.