Nightingale - Alive Again

Esteban

Thinking is overrated
Dec 28, 2002
Costa Rica
Visit site
WOW! I just got this album about a week ago and I´m listening to it about 2 times a day. Dan Swano truly is a genius! The guitar work and the keyboards on this album are superb, his voice is incredible, well... everything is perfect! I can´t believe you never hear stuff about this band, any Nightingale fans here?

Yeah, that's easily my favorite nightingale album. Especially "forever and never" I can't get enough of that track. Can't wait for the new album. Shouldn't be too much longer now...

I'm still listening to Edge of Sanity's "Crimson II". Swano is amazing. I wonder if this album is for me. Nightingale is more progressive metal than death metal, right?

Steiner said:
I'm still listening to Edge of Sanity's "Crimson II". Swano is amazing. I wonder if this album is for me. Nightingale is more progressive metal than death metal, right?
It's not really metal at all. More post- prog rock with emphasis on the rock. The hooks are very catchy and at times it sounds like it could be a "pop hit" so to speak. But it's a beautifully done album, so if you have any appreciation for rock music and a good hook I'd suggest checking it out.

thecrimsonchin said:
It's not really metal at all. More post- prog rock with emphasis on the rock. The hooks are very catchy and at times it sounds like it could be a "pop hit" so to speak. But it's a beautifully done album, so if you have any appreciation for rock music and a good hook I'd suggest checking it out.
Exactly, do check it out, because even though it is not metal, you get everything that makes dan swano such an awesome musician, the prog influences, the catchy hooks, great vocals, etc...

Favorite song from Alive Again has to be Shadowman, that riff at the beginning and the chorus... perfect