nightingale

just facts. which was the last 'new' metal band that selled a few million copies of 1 album? pantera maybe. sepultura did for sure.

i think that says enough eh...

I thought ya like Sentenced. Sentenced are metal like. Then Sentenced would be shit.

FFS just shut yer trap when ya goin' to mention metal. Metal is just another style. If ya don't like it, just don't listen to it. I don't go around saying that listening to Tatu is gay like (even though it IS) cuz who the fuck cares about two lesbian underaged girls and a lousy band screaming and kissing around eh?

Anyway, metal rulez! Period.

the scene is crap tho. whats the last metal album as good as '...and justice for all' or 'chaos ad'?

You must be kidding me. Are Metallica and Sepultura the only bands alive or what? Is Thrash metal the only style around? Guess not.

I can name millions of albums better than those two, sales don't mean the album is a good one, Actually, the opposite seems to happen very frequently.

mainstream? i remember roots bloody roots in the top 30. mainstream radio stations were frightended cause they had to play it :Spin: aaaaaah the times

no youre wrong there. listening to eminem, michael jackson, tatu :erk: ,..... and that is more about being open minded

Open-minded as in respecting musical styles. Anyway, I know this discussion won't take us anywhere so let metal be shit. It isn't suppose to be candylike anyway.

I like metal (fortunately I'm not the only one), you don't. End of story. Off to meet my gf now...

look. i was raised with all the classic metal stuff (maiden, metallica, slayer, sepultura, etc.) and have a huge respect for what some of these bands have offered. i still listen to metal, but how many really good METAL (not goth or prog or punk or all these experimental bands) albums do you see comin out each year? they get less and less. that's what most of the guys here mean i think and it's the (bitter) truth.