nightingale

mehdi.i.e.e.e said:
right i just got back the last nightingale album (which happens to be dan swano's band) and its fucking shit. if any of you still dares to call swano a GENIUS, he'll get that cd shoved up his/her arse.

Lots of arguing about "This is good!" "No it's not!" "Dan's arrogant!" "No he's not!"

I haven't seen WHY you think Alive Again is "fucking shit". I very much enjoy the album, it really shows off his voice and shows his more 'commercial' (for 15+ years ago, anyway, this stuff certainly isn't commercial in this century) songwriting skills...

But it certainly isn't the best stuff that Dan has ever done. I have near 40 CDs that Dan has been a key performer or songwriter on, and most of the projects are quite different from each other. Very rare to meet someone that isn't actively offended by at LEAST one of the projects. :)

sol83 said:
i still listen to metal, but how many really good METAL (not goth or prog or punk or all these experimental bands) albums do you see comin out each year? they get less and less. that's what most of the guys here mean i think and it's the (bitter) truth.

Absolute truth.

The main problem is that it is far too easy to release an album in 2003 than it was in 1983.

But just because the good metal is harder to find, that doesn't mean it isn't still there, and every year there are a few albums that really destroy anything that's come before.

you get mehdi's story wrong too. dan thinks hes godlike while he isnt. thats the problem. he said he wouldnt mind him if he wasnt bigheaded. and now you will say he isnt and we had that discussion already so just read previous posts :zzz: