Nightingale - Tour 2005

So, I'm going to be out in Ireland during the time nightingale is playing that festival. I'd like to know how much air fare might be from Ireland to Sweden and also what might be the best way to make accomodations for rooms and what not.

Lykanthrope

Krefeld is 12 euro
Concert will start about 21:00

Hey Dag,
I think I'll take my DCC with me. :headbang:
Hope this time both mics can stand the loud rock-music you produce.

Lykanthrope said:
So, I'm going to be out in Ireland during the time nightingale is playing that festival. I'd like to know how much air fare might be from Ireland to Sweden and also what might be the best way to make accomodations for rooms and what not.

Lykanthrope

I don't know about the air fair but it shouldn't be that expensive to travel from Dublin (or wherever they have the biggest airport) to Malmö. From there however you'll have to take a bus or something...
If you get yourself all the way to Norje/Sölvesborg, you'll have to get yourself a ticket there I think.. the 3-day passes are sold out and I'm not sure, but I think the one-days are sold out too. About rooms, there's a camping area right next to the festival.. so make sure you bring a tent.

Unicorn said:
Krefeld is 12 euro
Concert will start about 21:00

Hey Dag,
I think I'll take my DCC with me. :headbang:
Hope this time both mics can stand the loud rock-music you produce.

I hope you do. don´t forget to send me a copy:D
I´ll try to get some hot soundboard recordings.

fireangel said:
so how was the gig? Which songs did they play? How many people were there?

Since fireangel asked, I thought I post my view on the gig I visited here. I was in Ludwigsburg yesterday. They played, as far as I can remember (I might be missing one track, and it's not the correct order):

Nightfall Overture
A Raincheck on my demise
Atlantis rising
Deep inside of nowhere
The Game
One of the lonely ones
Shadowland Serenade
Revival
Black Tears (including "God gives you shelter..." (Enigma) as intro!)

There were only about 50 people there, but it might be the result of a bad organisation in Ludwigsburg especially. One person of the Rockfabrik told me that they could not come to a solution with the local organizer of the Ludwigsburg concert easily, and that they will not do this again. So you couldn't buy tickets in the normal shops, it was not presented on the website for a long time, and so on.

The club ("Club 2" of the Rockfabrik) was small, and the sound was quite terrible, although it was much better for Nightingale, the first bands were just too loud in my ears, everything was distorted, and you could not really recognize anything. It's a shame, they all seemed to be talented musicians, with nice harmonies and melodies, but you could only guess.

So Nightingale did not play very long, don't know if there was a fixed time, when they had to stop, or if they always play that short, or if they did it because of the location/sound and lack of people. But I don't think so, because they actually seemed to have a lot of fun on stage. Dan seemed to be quite comfortable, singing and playing really great, and the whole band had a lot of energy, and you could see that they enjoy playing those songs live. I can understand now what he said in an interview, about why he's playing live with this band: If they have a bad day, they are at least as good as the studio recordings, but most of the time, they sound better. I don't dare to say, if it was a good or bad day, because I saw them for the first time, and because of the bad sound/PA it was hard to decide. But you could feel the energy and the fun of playing live, so I would say, yes, they are a great live band, who can easily outdo the studio versions of any of their songs.
For me, it was no problem, after all the noise from the three support bands (not the music, just the sound of the PA), I was a bit tired and glad that they didn't play for two hours. Maybe I'm just too old ;) I only would have loved to hear "Shadowman" and "Eternal". But anyway, it was definitely worth the ride (three hours drive to Ludwigsburg...), just to see those guys, being so down-to-earth and likeable, setting their amps for themselves, having fun playing for a handful of people. That made one of my favourite musicians, singer and songwriter even bigger in my eyes :worship: And of course, not to forget the others, Erik Oskarsson seemed to really love playing those songs, singing along all the time, this was really a band, not a project. And I'm a Tom Nouga fan now, he's so cool :headbang: Looking so serious and relaxed, like "ok, I'm gonna play now with my little brother, doing him a favour", but at the same time, he's making a real rock show with all his gestures and faces and joking all the time ;)

It's a shame that there were not more people, but at least I bought everything I could get (the new tourshirt, the limited "Nightfall Overture"-CD, the DVD and the new Tom Nouga album), so I hope I was a good supporter :D
I encourage everyone to do so, too, maybe the band will at least earn some money from selling their stuff and come back again! Next time there will be surely more people!
But I don't know, maybe the other concerts went much better, concerning sold tickets?? Maybe some people can write about the other gigs.

Ok, bye for now,

Daniel

thanks a lot Magic Child, that was a very good description and lots of info! Too bad for the little amount of people, but I know that it is for example on a banner on rockhard.de who are presenting the tour, too, so maybe I assume that couple of people seen it. I´m curious how it´ll go tonight, I would also wish for songs like The Wake, Misery and To The End :(
But at least´s it´s Nightfall Ouverture there, my fav song =) And yeah, I believe, too, that Dan plays with fun no matter the amount of people.
Gotta run now!

:wave: at Unicorn

I was at Ludwigsburg, it was a cool evening :) I didn't think the sound was that bad myself, but then again I had plugs in for the first two bands. Crap crowd, mind, most of them just stood around with hands in pockets, I never understand that. Nightingale would have played at least one more song had they been able, but there was a venue curfew of 11.30. Quite why, in that sort of location, I'm not sure...