Nightingale-White Darkness Lyrical waste

The lyrics were very clear and easy to understand except for that last bit, and its true I did download the album but I plan to buy it soon. I have yet to see anyone post the lyrics tho if they are in the booklet...even still, correct any mistakes I made if anyone happens to have them in front of their eyes.

There are alot of christians (mainly catholics) who are easily offended when their beliefs are put in question.

lol

gar is obviously not catholic

and catholics are pretty good about most things, they just get retarded about abortion, safe sex, birth control, and homosexuality

otherwise they're sort of vanilla when it comes to their beliefs

Edit: i still think gar is really lord k in disguise

I think they got it all wrong, Swano is god. I also think they've got Lord Kay confused with Odin again.

Odin might be a false god, but at least he didn't play for that horrible band Ancient.....

I think they got it all wrong, Swano is god. I also think they've got Lord Kay confused with Odin again.

Odin might be a false god, but at least he didn't play for that horrible band Ancient.....

Dude, remember when Ancient came out with that album that had that Sarah Goss girl (who ended up becoming Laiho from Bodom's girlfriend)? People were raving about that fucking album at the time, so I bought it. I still have it in my CD case. It hasn't been listened to in over a decade.

I'm totally going to bust it out right now.

what a dumb thread, music is music, take it or leave it, if you leave it... shut it and walk away.

and gar977 if you truly believe in what you are saying... send me your copy of white darkness, I'll send you my address by PM :p

you have major mistakes in every line.

Well apparently its the closest thing we are gonna get cuz everyone who has the lyrics is too lazy to put them on here. All you did was point out how awful a job i did instead of correcting anything...yet you have time to make a snappy post.

Anyway..even if I made a few mistakes its quite obvious there is no bashing to be heard.

Oh man, Catholicism is the worst example of following the Bible of all. Or pretty close! You cant take a look at the crusades, money for forgiveness of sins, confessions to priests. They are not even close to what Jesus taught and care only about the mighty dollar in most cases.

I will say one thing, at least Dan is straightforward about it. He doesnt call himself a Christian and do otherwise. Thats the worst. Think on it Kenneth. What would Jesus think of you listening to this song? I guess you will get offended by my mere mentioning of this or whoever was offended? It says people of no faith will get easily offended in the bible of last days as a matter of fact.

Those lyrics are not correct, but bring everything on yourself. It means beleive in yourself only and not a God.

Hey man, Im not gonna send you my copy. What kind of Christian would I be if I did that? I may send you some other good stuff if you cover postage though.

-The Accused Troll ... signing off :)

I will have to check out Scaliach. Its also good to see Christian metal coming out of Sweden-A place that has so many sinister bands. Check out Divinefire. Their message is pure and simple. Jesus is Lord, Hes coming back soon. Be ready.

The listener takes their own interpretation of the lyrics. I guess for you, you see it very negatively and that's your thing. That's cool.

I don't see it that way.

Hey man, Im not gonna send you my copy. What kind of Christian would I be if I did that? I may send you some other good stuff if you cover postage though.

-The Accused Troll ... signing off

OK, :D:kickass: :headbang:

What would Jesus think of you listening to this song?

What kind of question is that???
I think he wouldn't have access to the music, because 2000 years ago music may have been different. And since he's dead no one can ask him and we don't have to think about what Jesus thinks when we are writing a song.

I cannot believe that there are still people like that out there.

If your own self-imposed blind faith is such that you have to narrow your mind to entertainment, you must realise that this overly simple approach will give rise to amusement in others with a more reasoned view.

I am still waiting the delivery of my copy of the album, but reading this thread has made me want to dig out an Infestdead CD or perhaps the Necrony one. I knew something would spur me back into listening to metal again...

I must once again give respect to Kenneth for proving that there is an exception to the rule (albeit a stereotype). :kickass: Proof that faith, intelligence and a taste in music do not have to be mutually exclusive.

Ave Swanö!

:headbang: :saint: :headbang:

The blatant bashing of belief in God on this album really shocked me. I guess all who listen to this are believers in nothing or in false gods like Odin. I cannot call myself a fan anymore- never before has Nightingale done this. I dont care what anyone thinks in here, its just my take.

*laugh* I just KNEW you would react to this one. I was just wondering when.

I agree. Just because someone disagrees is no reason to be so offended. I'm a Christian but I am confident/secure/whatever you want to call it enough to not be bothered by others opinions, in fact I think it is best that people come to their own conclusions on the question on is-there/who-is God? I'm not out to bash my beliefs on anybody and I think the new album is really well done. It reveals strong personal emotions, and that takes guts to do. I respect that.

I agree with Ken here (as usual). :)

I said nothing of respecting someones beliefs. I DO respect others beliefs. Swanos.. anyones.

Umm... I'll just list one of your statements contradicting this (there are plenty more). If I was a believer in the Norse Gods (which wouldn't be far fetched, considering where I'm from), you just disrespected me by saying:

I guess all who listen to this are believers in nothing or in false gods like Odin.

Who are you to say that MY god is more or less false that YOUR god? Like someone here already said, they are just beliefs!

I totally believe he's for real. I've met people like him in real life. And unless they were really good actors, they were for real too. :p

there's a whole lot of people like this

just to put my two cents in this(after some personal developement on a spiritual level from when i posted long ago in the "dan do you question..." thread

it's really not about whether god exists or not...it's about how you define your god...no god is false because your god is your link with the universe and everyone has on because we are part of the universe.
furthermore you see christian believers overcome troubles in their life with the help of jesus, you see faith healers succeed and they're doing it with the help of god but then there are jews and muslims that also get their prayers answered and there are jewish and muslim healers too and then there are buddhists that do extraordinary things and there are the ancient mayas and the native american rain dancers.

my point is that wishing and praying and meditating is done the same way by all humans and it seems that who you pray to doesn't even matter
if you believe hard enough that the flying spaghetti monster can heal wounds it will.

i personally see god as the universe itself as a whole and everything in it as parts of it and everything is linked.best thing is my belief(which is not really a belief it's more of a knowledge) is explained by science...quantum physics to be exact.

it's kind of wierd because people who believe in the god described in the scriptures/bible/kuran or whatever will see me as an atheist since i deny completely the idea that god has a will therfore deny the god described in the holy books.on the other hand atheists would call me a believer because i do believe in some sort of entity.

very interesting. Rene Descartes also felt that for an infinite, allpowerful, allknowing being to exist, it would necessarily have to contain within it all the universe that it supposedly created. For in containing that as itself, it embodies completeness and perfection.