NIGHTMARE AT SEA

I'm looking forward to the announcement. I've done the Motley Cruise and booked for the Shiprocked Cruise so I know what a great time will be had.

Just to update everyone on what is happening... it may in fact be delayed to 2011, even if it is, I know it will be better for it, more planning always seems to make for a better show, and also makes for more interesting choices for entertainment. 2010 seemed to be coming up so quickly with all kinds of things going on in my personal and professional life that were taking away from the time that I could put into doing this fest the way I really envisioned it happening. That, combined with the fact that the bands I really wanted on the fest, were unable to do it when I was shooting for.

So a bit more time seems will for sure make for a much better show. I appreciate all your support and enthusiasm, believe me this is something that I'm very excited about. I'm now in search of a few key people to help me make it a reality because of my busy schedule.

I'm also planning a fest for the Upper Midwest for 2010, so make sure to keep checking back!

Just to update everyone on what is happening... it may in fact be delayed to 2011, even if it is, I know it will be better for it, more planning always seems to make for a better show, and also makes for more interesting choices for entertainment. 2010 seemed to be coming up so quickly with all kinds of things going on in my personal and professional life that were taking away from the time that I could put into doing this fest the way I really envisioned it happening. That, combined with the fact that the bands I really wanted on the fest, were unable to do it when I was shooting for.

So a bit more time seems will for sure make for a much better show. I appreciate all your support and enthusiasm, believe me this is something that I'm very excited about. I'm now in search of a few key people to help me make it a reality because of my busy schedule.

I'm also planning a fest for the Upper Midwest for 2010, so make sure to keep checking back!

Lance,

I would be willing to give you a hand.

Liam

I've had to push NAS back, there are many reasons for this apart from what I've stated, but I don't want to get into the politics behind the scenes.
Some of you may have noticed that Beth Mays has decided to do her own cruise, she was my partner with NAS but has since went on her own, I've wished her all the best with it.

More on this soon, your thoughts are appreciated.

Hope the cruise doesn't venture close to the Somali coast or some real LIVE pirates could crash the party!

Datis

I've had to push NAS back, there are many reasons for this apart from what I've stated, but I don't want to get into the politics behind the scenes.
Some of you may have noticed that Beth Mays has decided to do her own cruise, she was my partner with NAS but has since went on her own, I've wished her all the best with it.

More on this soon, your thoughts are appreciated.

Funny you mention this, then I read this:

BraveWords.com has received the following press release:

Triton Power Cruise has announced its full line up for the United States first progressive and power metal cruise to set sail on the Carnival Imagination on April 30- May 3, 2010 from Miami, FL.

The lineup will include CRIMSON GLORY (Jon Drenning, Ben Jackson, Wade Black, Jeff Lords, Dana Burnell), Sweden’s EVERGREY (Tom Englund, Henrik Danhage, Rikard Zander, Jonas Ekdahl, Jari Kainulainen), and JON OLIVA'S PAIN (Jon Oliva, ex-Savatage, John Zahner, Chris Kinder, Matt LaPorte, Kevin Rothney, Tom McDyne) headlining the event. In support: SEVEN WITCHES (Jack Frost, ex-SAVATAGE, Mike LePond of SYMPHONY X, James Rivera of HELSTAR, and Taz Marazz), CIRCLE II CIRCLE (Zak Stevens, ex-Savatage and MACHINES OF GRACE, Bill Hudson, ex-CELLADOR), recently relocated to the Austin, TX Brazilian band, VOUGAN (Carlos Zema, ex-OUTWORLD, Acacio Carvalho, Gustavo Magalhes, Hugo Santiago), and newcomers EUMERIA (Bobby Williamson, ex-Outworld and THOUGHT CHAMBER, Shawn Kascak, ex-Outworld, Adam Sagan, ex-INTO ETERNITY, Jonny Tatum, creator of TIMEFALL, and guitar prodigy Reece Fullwood) and THE ELEMENT (fronted by Brazilian Rafa Macedo, with Mitch Stewart of Circle II Circle, Acacio Carvalho of Vougan). As an added bonus, Casey Grillo of KAMELOT will be doing a drum clinic with Beatnik Rhythm Analyzers.

Event producer and promoter Beth Mays said “I could not be more excited to present this incredible lineup on this first-ever event for the United States. The level of talent in each of these bands, little less combining them into one event is really going to make this vacation/concert special for any fan. Space onboard is very limited and fans should plan to book early or they may find themselves missing the boat literally.”

“Crimson Glory is honored to be headlining the inaugural US Triton Power Cruise alongside Evergrey, Jon Oliva's Pain, Seven Witches, and Circle II Circle in April 2010.” said an excited Jon Drenning, guitarist for Crimson Glory. “We have much respect and admiration for the aforementioned bands, and we consider it a privilege to be a part of this unique show; indeed, we are looking forward to kicking ass with our long-time friends included on the roster. This will be a cruise to remember, and we know that fans of this genre will not want to miss an opportunity to be up close and personal with a great selection of some of their favourite bands. Palm trees, salty breeze and METAL on the high seas: we dare you to dream up a better vacation! So grab your flip-flops and ice cold margaritas, and climb aboard -- we're setting sail for the Bahamas! “

"When Beth asked us to join Triton Power Cruise we did not need to think for long before saying yes. We have played numerous cruises before but nothing this cool and the thought of mixing metal and Caribbean nights works extremely well in my mind” said Tom Englund of Evergrey. “I cannot tell you how much we are looking forward to the event and also the chance to watch other bands, hanging with the fans, as well as getting to see a part of the world we never visited before."

The Triton Power Cruise website www.tritonpowercruise.com is due to fully launch with cabins on sale on Friday, July 31, 2009. Cabin prices range from $650-$725 per person with a mandatory minimum double occupancy. Price includes; cabin, all food on the cruise, a pre-party on Thursday, April 29, 2010, party in the Bahamas, all concerts including an all-star jam, Meet and Greet and more. Optional badge upgrade will be available for a private OPEN BAR party with the bands for $50. An immediate $75 discount is being offered for cabins wishing to pay in full by September 1, 2010. Additional promotion codes are being exclusively offered on will be announced on www.infernalrockradio.com starting Saturday, August 1, 2009.

http://www.bravewords.com/news/118671

Good luck to Beth on this journey.

Lance, if you need help in this at all let me know. While financially I don't have the funds to travel to such an event, but I could still be of help in finding bands and contacting people or anything you need of that sort.

Also if you ever need a band we'd be willing too (Shameless plug LOL) help ya out there ;).

Take care

UPDATE...

NAS is at the moment on hold until further notice, I personally put this on hold because of the economy, I think the cost of the cruise and the limitations we were presented dealing with the cruise company just didn't work at this time.

Seems there are some other options for this going on now with the 70000 tons of Metal and of course the Triton cruise.
And these options seem to cover and encompass what I wanted to bring to the world.

Stay tuned for info on the next NIGHTMARE METAL FEST coming soon.

With the unfortunate cancellation of the Triton Power Cruise, to bad you could not step in and turn it into the Nightmare Fest at Sea like you originally envisioned (not to take anything away from Beth, though).