Nightmares Made Flesh

I like Nightmares Made Flesh, but it's just not comparable to Resurrection Through Carnage. I don't know how much of that has to do with Mikael leaving the band, but I do think it would have been better with him. I don't think it would have surpassed RTC though.

RTC destroys and will stay a classic, end of story. It will probably always be their best album, some bands never surpass their early work.

I like many things about the new album. It has many things thats better than RTC; the drumming is way better, so is the production. Tägtgren is no Akerfeldt, there is simply no one getting close to him when it comes to earthshaking grunts, but I honestly believe Peter does the best DM vocals he's ever done on this record. The music is more intense, faster, more brutal. It does have less melodic riffs but they sure are in there spicing it up.

To me NMF is better record right now, but a bit early to have my final say on it yet.

I dont know if you can call it more brutal, to me the old stuff is more brutal. Brutal is more than speed and blastbeats. And the production is more clear, yes, but the clear production makes the songs sound very thin IMO, especially if you think of the old guitar sound, which was just plain fucking brutal and unique.

It has a lot to do with personal taste and opinion. They had a deeper more muddy guitar sound and combined with Åkerfeldt it sure had a unique brutality. But I cannot agree with NMF sounding thin, its less bassy but sounds more full if anything.

And to be honest, I think RTC drums are kinda boring. It becomes even more evident after listening to NMF.

Well, I won't bother discuss this any further, because it's really different from person to person as you say, we all have different taste.

i absolutely loved RTC it is the best album i have got hopefully the new album can be as half as good as RTC and i'll be satisfied

RTC was the greatest album ever made, then NMF was made!
It keeps growing on me, every time i listen to it i get more addicted, I have it in 2 cd players in my house and also in my car....i think im ill.

Xanathaar said:
I Tägtgren is no Akerfeldt, there is simply no one getting close to him when it comes to earthshaking grunts, but I honestly believe Peter does the best DM vocals he's ever done on this record.

Dont get me wrong, Akerfeldt is an AMAZING vocalist, but Peter is just that much better. Have you ever herd the Hypocrisy live album "hypocrisy destroys wacken"? If you think akerfeldt's growls are that low, take a second look after you listen to that cd. Peter has much more range in his death-styled vocals than Akerfeldt. Now, clean singing, thats another story. Peter has a great clean voice, which i like better than Akerfeldt's but Mikeal is a better clean vocalist.
cheers
Eric

I take some of my words back, I must admit the album has grown on me with time, and alot of things stand out.

Firefest9 said:
Dont get me wrong, Akerfeldt is an AMAZING vocalist, but Peter is just that much better. Have you ever herd the Hypocrisy live album "hypocrisy destroys wacken"? If you think akerfeldt's growls are that low, take a second look after you listen to that cd. Peter has much more range in his death-styled vocals than Akerfeldt. Now, clean singing, thats another story. Peter has a great clean voice, which i like better than Akerfeldt's but Mikeal is a better clean vocalist.
cheers
Eric
The grunts on "Hypocrisy destroys Wacken" are really frightening :ill:
It would be cool if he would do it this style on the Bloodbath record.

Dan, Jonas and Anders wrote 4 songs each. So far we know that Anders wrote Outnumbering the day.
What about the other songs, which tracks do you think were written by Dan, by Jonas and Anders?

New album is already ordered. I will definitely have this CD in my huge collection.

The new disc slays, I agree that it's not the tribute-to-early-nineties-Sunlight-Death-Metal Bloodbath anymore, but that was already announced by Anders on the website. Bloodbath shouldn't be viewed as a tribute to Death Metal anymore, but as a standard-setting Death Metal band in itself.

The new members both do a great job, Axenrot is a great drummer and Tägtgren's vocals destroy, not in the least bit a step down compared to Akerfeldt. The production is also awesome.

Those looking for the old-school sound, I advise you to check out Chaosbreed (www.chaosbreed.net), another all-star band paying tribute to early-nineties Stockholm Death Metal, in my opinion they do it even better than Bloodbath on RTC. Also Ribspreader's cool of course.

I have to say that I like the latest release over the first. Nightmare.* has more groove and feels tighter and more brutal to my ears - it was definitive a POSITIVE surprise!!! :)

One can connect the sound and riffs to a more "retro"-death metal feel, yet it feels fresh; Nightmare.* is one of the better DM-releases lately imo.

I received my copy of Nightmares Made Flesh today and I was amazed. Eventhough I loved Resurrection Through Carnage, this one is even better! This album was really worth waiting.