Nightmares Made Flesh

well of course NMF sounds better with Tagtgren on board, there's two different styles between the albums!
RTC was a balls hammered into the wall while being raped in the ass with a knifeblade inserted into a rotary drill, while NMF is more streamlined, the solos aren't insane [reference the OTD solo], there are two guitars instead of one, and we get a different drummer.

NMF is still one of the best albums I've heard, but RTC is just that much better.

I think Peter´s vocals in NMF are very good, but I prefer his work on Hypocrisy. They sound much better, even in old albums like "The Fourth Dimension".
What happens with Dan´s voice? He was awesome in Edge of Sanity.

I finally got my copy yesterday and have spent the last 24 waking hours listening to NMF!
Though I miss a few growls from RTC, I am really fucking happy with NMF and it gets better with every spin!
"Eaten" rules!

There are quite a few foolish comments being spewed on this here thread if you ask me! (Not that any of you did :loco: )
1. Black metal? That fool obviously has NO FUCKING CLUE as to what balck metal is, trust me Bloodbath it ain't.
2. Mikael truly annihilates Peter in every way, IMO he isn't a suitable replacement. This may sound harsh but having listened to some of the new album it has to be said.
3. Brutal death? Nope. Shithot death metal that kicks ass? Indeed!
For brutal death see Immolation, Disgorge, Disavowed, Incantation or better yet just go to WWW.UNIQUELEADER.COM :worship:
Don't get me wrong, i fucking love RTC but this new one seems a bit dodgy, i am going to have to listen to it all the way through at my mate's first before purchase... although the chances are i will probably buy it anyway :D

Some people here are just Akerfeldt marks that are upset that he left the band. I for one am a HUGE Tagtgren mark. Every one of Tagtgren's vocal styles sounds amazing, whether they be growls, shrieks, or clean. I know Akerfeldt is an awesome vocalist too, but you cannot say he is better than Tagtgren. That would be your opinion and I (as well as thousands of others) would disagree with you. If I was assembling an all-star death metal band (which Bloodbath is) I would definatly choose Tagtgren. Tagtgren is one of the best vocalists of all time.

Hmm, Truly awesome All Star band aside from Bloodbath... [and not using any Bloodbath Members]
Hellhammer on drums
Martin Mendez on bass
Trey Azgathoth on guitar
Terrence Hobbs on guitar
Mads Haarløv on vocals
\m/

amonamarth10 said:
Some people here are just Akerfeldt marks that are upset that he left the band. I for one am a HUGE Tagtgren mark. Every one of Tagtgren's vocal styles sounds amazing, whether they be growls, shrieks, or clean. I know Akerfeldt is an awesome vocalist too, but you cannot say he is better than Tagtgren. That would be your opinion and I (as well as thousands of others) would disagree with you. If I was assembling an all-star death metal band (which Bloodbath is) I would definatly choose Tagtgren. Tagtgren is one of the best vocalists of all time.
You know what, I'm going to have to agree. Tagtgren's vocals have grown so much on me that he has surpassed Akerfeldt in my book. So screw Akerfeldt and his marks!

I like both vocalists, but i think it's apparent that Tagtren has a wider range. Akerfeldt never hit any high end shrieks like Peter does plus Peter can get nearly as low as Micheal. It's one thing to like one over the other (again i like them equally ) but it would be hard to deny that Peter has a more varried approach.

Jinn: I'm impressed you know who Mads Haarløv is, Iniquity are one of my faved Death Metal bands, pity they self-destructed butyeah hisvocals wereamazing. On the subject of supergroups has anyone heard Chaosbreed, they're Finland's Bloodbath with guys from Amorphis, Moonsorrow etc doing sweedish DM. I've not heard them but I've heard good stuff about them.

Baletempest said:
anyone who doesn't know what we're talking about go to http://www.iniquity.dk/ oh and see if you can get hold of Grime (for The Bullets Breath, IMHO one of the best DM songs of all time)
I have only recently got into Iniquity with "Five Across The Eyes" which is ace, unfortunately i had ordered "Grime" (because i had heard The Bullets Breath incidentally - even if it was on the internet pisstake sing-a-long) and that case came with "5ATE" inside :yell:

Well, my opinion of it is a mix of all the stated opinions I guess. It was a genious move to take in Axenrot on drums. Swanös drums did good on RTC, but with the (in my opinion) better production of NMF and different sound that kind of "professional" drumming fits better. RTC is still my favorite. I think it´s got more groovier and catchier songs that sticks to your mind. But NMF is not far behind and closing in. Peter´s vocals are just so impressive and the whole sound of the record. Absolutely one of my top 3 of last year.

If you´d like to hear another all-star old-school death metal tribute band from Sweden, check out:
God Among Insects - World Wide Death

Why not whore some more while I´m at it haha... also check out:
Vicious Art - Fire Falls and the Waiting Waters

Holy fuck I'm getting absolutely sick looking at some of you Opeth fanboys :puke:
If you prefer the previous album, fair enough, but Peter deserves quite some respect as well you know! I like Peter way much more than Mikael but that doesn't mean I HATE Mikael. I totally agree with Firefest9... Peter has much more range, and he can do some fucking insane growls and screams.
Saying that Mikael can go lower than Peter is a retarded and wrong opinion.