Nightwish May North American Tour

Jibrille

Mar 1, 2005
Albany NY
I couldn't find a thread for the current tour beyond the "NJ Cancelled" thread which I figured wasn't a good one to use to continue this discussion.

Anyway, went to the Poughkeepsie show last night. It was the most people I'd ever seen at the Chance, the place where I saw Therion with about 12 other people a month after their PP show :-/.

I can't go into any major details right now but it was a great show minus Sonic Syndicate who practically played 1 song for 30 minutes because they're that generic.

I did want to let people know attending future dates that they only had 1 shirt available in both men's & girlie's sizes. It was the "Part 2" of the tour shirt from the last time through. The girlie was only $10 and the men's was $20. The girlie is pretty much the consistency of gauze so I'm not that surprised it was super cheap. I wasn't going to get a shirt until I saw the price. Really hard to pass up that kind of deal and the material at least makes it a good summer shirt despite it being black. Otherwise, the only things they had available were DPP & Tarot's Crows Fly Black I believe for $15 each.

Did the girlie shirt at least look cool? Usually they're boring and only have the band logo.

It was the tour shirt with pretty much the exact same design as last time. Nightwish logo w/ pendulum image on the front. Back with the "Dark Passion Play Tour Part 2" and all the dates. The design is fine though not exactly my taste (there was a reason I got a different shirt last time through). Pretty much your generic tour tee.
Of course, as you said, it's still better than the band logo shirts we get stuck with so often that they try to sell to us for $10 more than the guy's tour tee.

I can't go into any major details right now but it was a great show minus Sonic Syndicate who practically played 1 song for 30 minutes because they're that generic.

really... cannot say anything else than just: I agree 100% on this! But luckly they didn't play thaaaaat long.

Anyways, Nightwish was ok. I won't say too much about my personal opinion here, but I just wanted to say I miss Tarja a LOT ;-)

:lol: you really ARE out of touch! NW has been touring like mad since they released DPP. :Spin:

They been all over America like locusts. I would not be surprised if on the 4th leg they scheduled Pyramaze's living room, ShokrOk's backyard, and Glenn's pool to do shows. That is how many places they are gonna hit.

Yeah Sonic Syndicate sucks

Notice that both the singers sound exactly the same so there's no point in having 2

When I saw em with Amon Amarth, I just stared at the bassist the whole time haha

They been all over America like locusts. I would not be surprised if on the 4th leg they scheduled Pyramaze's living room, ShokrOk's backyard, and Glenn's pool to do shows. That is how many places they are gonna hit.

On the fourth leg of their tour, they are playing my patio, as it is bigger than the living room, and if they play Glenn's pool I will be at that show also.:headbang::headbang:

:confused:
Be happy you saw with Tarja, priminhaaaa.. :(

I am surprised you noticed about that other band, I would have thought you were too busy making out with your boyfriend. :p

bjossssss

Yes, prima... I did see Tarja... but man... Really... I was expecting I would enjoy more! But, oh well.. :p
And about the other band.... hahaha They opened for Epica once already, and I heard from Mark about it.. so I was curious to hear it. But.... It bored me to death!! Like most of the people there :lol:

I got to see Nightwish w/ Tarja 4x so I can't really complain there. My fiance complains because he went to the Montreal show with me that they ended early (as in they played 45 minutes) because Tarja was sick. I'm only super dissapointed about that because Ghost Love Score was on the original setlist. Sucks to travel 3 /12 hrs and have that happen (and I did all the driving having not slept the night before). He's now seen them twice with Anette and prefers her.
It's all about Tuomas's music for me. I honestly don't care who is singing as long as he keeps writing these songs. Which is the reason I still have a photoshop I made of Marco's head on top of Tarja's body when someone said they'd have no problem accepting Marco wearing a dress as the new singer.

Hey Jibrille, was fun seeing you there. And of course Paula and everyone else. Anyone lose an Agonizer hoody? Still looking for the owner.:lol:

Gotta say I agree with everyone about the opener, SS. Just so generic. Yea, the bass player is a cutie, though not my type. :p

Nightwish but on a damn good show. Learning to like Anette, but it is very different from the Tarja years. I won't compare since they are just too different in vocal style, but it's still Tuomas' music so still Nightwish to me. I have a ton of photos to share, but just got back today (spent last night in Manhattan) so it'll be a day or two before I get them posted. I can send you yours now if you like, Paula. ;) Very "cute." Apparently I took one of the weed-girl too. :rolleyes:

I got to see Nightwish w/ Tarja 4x so I can't really complain there. My fiance complains because he went to the Montreal show with me that they ended early (as in they played 45 minutes) because Tarja was sick. I'm only super dissapointed about that because Ghost Love Score was on the original setlist. Sucks to travel 3 /12 hrs and have that happen (and I did all the driving having not slept the night before). He's now seen them twice with Anette and prefers her.
It's all about Tuomas's music for me. I honestly don't care who is singing as long as he keeps writing these songs.

That's a big thorn in my ass, too. I saw them with Tarja and they didn't play Ghost Love Score. Sucks. Oh well, wonder if they'll touch on that one with Annette.