Nile album has leaked

Hell Awaits Us All

New Metal Member
Oct 22, 2006
Killing You
google it

I am enjoying it alot, sounds similar to AOTW but with much much better production. Vocals have improved, there are way more "slow" parts that really kick ass. It's AOTW with more variety, better "epic" songs, better production and better vocals. Songwriting is solidly improved as songs are alot more "distinct" than AOTW where songs tended to run together often times.

Got it a few days ago. I like it. It's maybe not as dynamic, epic or catchy as their previous albums but it works good as a whole album, overall I enjoyed it. I'd probably give it 8/10, maybe higher.

yea I thought all the songs on it were pretty solid

nothing earth - shattering but it's 2007, really the only thing I hope for in death metal nowadays is that it is very well played and well executed/written and this album is definately that.

I'd say a solid 8/10

My favourite Nile album is In Their Darkened Shrines and I'm doubtful they'll top it. I definintely agree that this album has better production values, I disliked the production on AOTW (which was pretty good album) but I might like Ithyphallic better. Overall, I noticed that this release seemed to have less of an Egyptian influence, sound wise.

I've only heard AOTW from Nile and I really liked it, I loved what I heard from In Their Darkened Shrines but Ityllphallic is a definite buy for me, I'll get it around the release date and if not then for my birthday in August.

what's with the hating of new nile? I guess nile is the new necrophagist, as soon as they get a little bit of limelight, the elitist dickheads at metal-archives try their hardest to hate them, lol.

this album was not bad, I'd give it 6/10... It may grow on me.

Eat of The Dead has a great Morbid Angel-like riff at the begining, I have a feeling that track may be favorite, I haven't downloaded Ityllphallic by the way, I just heard all of that long title Papyri song and liked it.

The recognizably Egyptian parts were the only part of Nile's music that remotely interested me. I'll probably never hear this album.

the egyptian parts are still somewhat there, but Nile has really focused on writing a killer death metal album here. Everything is very high quality, drumming, riffs, vocals, production, there is solid variety, and every song is well written

the egyptian parts are still somewhat there, but Nile has really focused on writing a killer death metal album here. Everything is very high quality, drumming, riffs, vocals, production, there is solid variety, and every song is well written

That's why I'd rather listen to a band like Melechesh, where a vast majority of the guitar riffs and drum rhythms have distinct Middle-Eastern sound or influences. I can't find that it Nile's music except for the occasional breakdown that hammers out an Egyptian melody.

That's why I'd rather listen to a band like Melechesh, where a vast majority of the guitar riffs and drum rhythms have distinct Middle-Eastern sound or influences. I can't find that it Nile's music except for the occasional breakdown that hammers out an Egyptian melody.

The new album is good, there are so new things here that will peak most people's interest. But I don't find myself listening to it that much, or much of Nile in general anymore. Maybe later I make get back into them (like I do with many bands from time to time) but right now, I am getting tired of their formula.