P-Keisari

New Metal Member
Feb 3, 2016
Finland
Haha! It seems I'm now bombing this forum with my questions almost every day.

Straight to the point: Are there any Nile (Annihilation of the Wicked, Those Whom the Gods Detest or What Should not be Unearthed) guitar impulse responses online to download? Some people make those impulses themselves and some of em are pretty damn good. Check out this Pantera - Cowboys from Hell tone for example:

If anyone has any idea where to find that kind of IR (or how to make one even!) could you please inform me?

Thank you!

Just take any decent sounding IR, load up an amp sim with a mushy, spongey distortion (lecto will work) and crank the gain. Then scoop out your mids and call it a day.

Christian has got right.
There is no black magic to get decent tone using IRs but to be honest I never liked impulses tone. Personally I never didn't get 100% satisfying tone using it (metal tone). I tried millions of millions loaders and impulses. Lighter things like punk, blues sound nice.

I started using real amps and bought Kemper profiler - the best thing in the world :)

BTW - days ago Mickrich released freaking good free IRs pack. I loved them. Ask him - maybe he still got them.

Do Nile use Marshal 1960 cabs? Just find an IR made with one of those cabs and use it as a starting point. A lot of their tone is to do with the pre-amp which IRs don't capture anyway.

You can make an IR by match EQing a soloed rhythm guitar track, if you can find such on any album. I'll be back on my computer by sunday/monday, I could look up if there is a part and make an IR if you'd like.

Another way (and more rewarding) is indeed trying to emulate the preamp and cab choice and then doing the rest by ear.

Do Nile use Marshal 1960 cabs?

Yes, I think they do. They use Celestion Vintage 30 -speakers in those cabs.

...I could look up if there is a part and make an IR if you'd like.

Thank you so much, but I actually managed to make one myself and it turned out pretty good. I can share it here, if you like? Nile doesn't have that many guitar only -parts in their songs and that's what made it pretty difficult. Usually every time when there's no bass or any beat in the background there's at least hi-hat or something. Nile songs are also so fast, that those parts are usually rather short. I made the IR from a part that was about three seconds long. The results might have been better with a longer sample, but on that specific album, that's the longest.

IIRC there is one in PodFarm (not great though). Haven't stumbled upon any other.