Nile (less low growls as they progress?)

These days, I hear more negative things said about Nile than positive. I believe this anti-Nile ship set sail with Annihilation of the Wicked, ironically, their most well-received album. But I guess that's the typical backlash effect you suffer when many positive things are said about your band.

This is what happens with pretty much every metal band that suddenly recieved much praise. There is always a backlash. However it isnt a big one its just that online on forums like this one the negative people are heard more and do more to drive their opinions down others throats.

Nile as a band are still seen as one of the top death metal acts. They always gets good reviews and I believe they keep finding good success with each release.

I remember when In Their Darkened Shrines came out. The perception was that Nile was this excellent death metal band who kept getting better and better with each album. I hardly ever heard anyone talk shit about them then.

Anyways, I've always thought they were a pretty good band. I don't understand the hatred they get especially when you take into consideration how the rest of death metal scene is doing.

So fucking true.

I think it's amusing how the metal scene changes over time and how certain ideas expressed will generate such a following and just snowball from there.

These days, I hear more negative things said about Nile than positive. I believe this anti-Nile ship set sail with Annihilation of the Wicked, ironically, their most well-received album. But I guess that's the typical backlash effect you suffer when many positive things are said about your band.

I remember when In Their Darkened Shrines came out. The perception was that Nile was this excellent death metal band who kept getting better and better with each album. I hardly ever heard anyone talk shit about them then.

Anyways, I've always thought they were a pretty good band. I don't understand the hatred they get especially when you take into consideration how the rest of death metal scene is doing.

This.

Nile rules and that is all

And this.

Been listening to death metal for 14 years and never once said a positive thing about Nile or their garbage music.

And what does "I don't understand the hatred they get especially when you take into consideration how the rest of death metal scene is doing." mean? The death metal scene is doing just fine - in fact I'd argue it's the strongest it's been since the initial boom in the early 90s. I don't understand how someone can make this statement unless they're not really fans of death metal at all.(which would explain the Nile love!).

Been listening to death metal for 14 years and never once said a positive thing about Nile or their garbage music.

And what does "I don't understand the hatred they get especially when you take into consideration how the rest of death metal scene is doing." mean? The death metal scene is doing just fine - in fact I'd argue it's the strongest it's been since the initial boom in the early 90s. I don't understand how someone can make this statement unless they're not really fans of death metal at all.(which would explain the Nile love!).

Sure, the scene may be doing "fine" (I'm not saying it's dying) just like any other genre but I don't think anything in metal at the moment is particularly exciting or interesting. Every genre has it's share of unoriginal, worthless bands and things are pretty bland right now. I don't love Nile but I find them more interesting than a lot of death metal bands. Although I haven't paid much attention to their last couple of albums.

What makes Nile so much worse than the rest?

nile should have had some other guy doing the main vocals like they had in the past with chief and jon, dallas voice while great doesnt fit as main vocals.

No.

I got into Nile when I was like 11 so i've always loved them and they've been influential in my metal listening. Annihilation of the Wicked was the first album I got and it just blew my mind. That, Those Whom The Gods Detest and In Their Darkened Shrines is also a really good one.

Nile are better known now than they ever have been & have access to better production value for their music but I dont think their music or songwriting has overly changed since their early albums.

Thats what happens to bands, generally they become better known over the course of their careers. To say a band has 'sold out' because they have more fans now than when they started is naive.

But to adress the OPs topic, on the one hand I think Dallas has always been the strongest Nile vocalist, so its nice that hes singing more, but I do miss them having 3 vocalists, I always prefer it when more than one person in a band sings, Im hoping theyll include more lows on the next album.