Nine-year-old viking in training!

The manager played all Dio's song except Holy Diver to see what the kid would do...After playing all the songs on the CD except H.D. The manager asked the kid what he thought...The kid said, it's not bad for older rock (knowing that's all the manager pretty much listens to)
Manager: Oh one more song, this one is his most popular
(Manager begins playing...Holy Diver by Dio!)
Kid knows the song and knows who's singing it (Also knows he just said it "wasn't bad")gets pissed and storms off to cooler
My happy ass comes walking in the store less than 10mins after this.
I start laughing as soon as I hear what's going on...
hahah best part,
Kid finally comes out of the cooler and stares at me...
Says..You put him up to this didn't you
:OMG: Me, I would never (huge ass grin on my face)
The manager and I finish talking about getting a group of us together for the Exodus show in a couple of weeks...
So I asked the kid if he wanted to go..
When he said yes ...(here's where the Vilewoman in me comes out,Vile, Evil whatever you want to call me)
I said, naaa I don't know if you would like it, it's "older" metal
Don't you only like the new stuff and don't need to listen to the older stuff remember...you probably wouldn't want to go.
Kid huff back off to the cooler..hahah I thought that was great!
I left cackling!

In Newbury pretty much everyone hates metal. A lot of the haters have never even heard metal, and judge such music because of Slipknot and Linkin Park and all that crap.

I've been trying to get more people into metal - and kind of succeeded though not completely.

Woa bump.
I went to a show where KSE was headlining. I hadn't heard much of their stuff except one song that was alright, so I thought it would be fine, and I liked the other bands. The concert was great until they came on, and totally sucked. But the point at which I left was when they started butchering Holy Diver. Bastards.

i didnt even realise this wasnt new :lol: silly..

i like rhondas story about dio tho!!! i havent heard the KSE version of holy diver, but the original i LOOOOOVE - dio is a god!