Nintendo 64 Thread

Deicidal

New Metal Member
Jul 6, 2008
This is where you talk about N64, and the games you play on it.

The reason I made this is because I just bought Super Mario 64 for $15 at a pawn shop. I've now abandoned all exposure to next-gen games/systems.

Discuss.

Of course you abandoned next-gen. Next-gen = no substance in 90% of cases. I just fired up Ocarina of Time last night using some hi-res textures though. Breathes a little new life into the old game.

I miss the days when most of game development was spent on the actual game, not the poly-count

Of course you abandoned next-gen. Next-gen = no substance in 90% of cases. I just fired up Ocarina of Time last night using some hi-res textures though. Breathes a little new life into the old game.

I miss the days when most of game development was spent on the actual game, not the poly-count

You don't know how much I agree, dude. Play Halo, or Gears Of War. Then play Super Mario 64, or TLOZ. Compare the two systems/games. Xbox 360/PS3 = Shit.

And by hi-res, you mean expansion pak?? Because I can never find one... I saw about 2 or 3 at a pawn shop one day, and the next, 0. :lol:

The reason I made this is because I just bought Super Mario 64 for $15 at a pawn shop. I've now abandoned all exposure to next-gen games/systems.

Discuss.

I have every single 64 game released, in every version ever released. :D

*cough* roms & emu's

You don't know how much I agree, dude. Play Halo, or Gears Of War. Then play Super Mario 64, or TLOZ. Compare the two systems/games. Xbox 360/PS3 = Shit.

And by hi-res, you mean expansion pak?? Because I can never find one... I saw about 2 or 3 at a pawn shop one day, and the next, 0. :lol:

When he says (hi-res textures) it is either a rom or the Gamecube release of Ocarina of Time + Master Quests, which really did beef up the look of the game.

Doom64_ost.JPG

The best Doom IMO.

D6409.JPG

D6407.JPG

Discuss.

I've got several Old Skool systems myself y'all! I do have an N64 w/ the expansion pack! I've got Super Mario 64, Zelda OOT, Mario Kart 64, Kiiler Instinct Gold, Mace The Dark Age, Jet Force Gemini, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Shadowgate 64! But most definitely Super Mario 64 RULES!!! :D

I'm a beast at Smash Bros. Pilot Wings 64 is one of my favorites and Battle Tanx 1 and 2 are classics.

And you can't compare new consoles to the 64. Xbox 360 rules but the 64 will always be number 1 imo.

Oh man, I used to have an N64. Those were good days... Goldeneye, Mariokart, Mario 64, Jet Force Gemeni... hell even Turok Rage Wars was bad ass. What a great system that was.

I gotta agree that now a days there's too many disposable games for the new consoles. Still, there are some good ones out there. But most of the good ones go to PC anyways.

amen, i miss those days