No more drinking for me...BOOOO!

Fuck ADD meds...

I had been on them once, and they fucked me up HARD.

Instead, I take St. Johns Wort. Really. Doctor a few months ago suggested it, and I've been doing a lot better mentally. More attention, less angry... among several other things I won't bother to mention. Fucking herbs man... kick ass.

Edit: And a few other vitamins/herbs/minerals... forget their names, heh. Doctor gave me the combonation I should take.

Only problem, expensive as fuck depending on the going rates of the herbs/vitamins.

Fuck ADD meds...

I had been on them once, and they fucked me up HARD.

Instead, I take St. Johns Wort. Really. Doctor a few months ago suggested it, and I've been doing a lot better mentally. More attention, less angry... among several other things I won't bother to mention. Fucking herbs man... kick ass.

Edit: And a few other vitamins/herbs/minerals... forget their names, heh. Doctor gave me the combonation I should take.

Only problem, expensive as fuck depending on the going rates of the herbs/vitamins.

What do you mean by them fucking you up hard?

Also, I did find this, which is interesting.
Stimulants such as Focalin XR may affect your ability to perform tasks that require complete concentration, such as driving, operating machinery, or piloting an airplane, especially during the first few weeks of treatment. Alcohol could intensify these effects, and it may be a good idea to avoid alcohol until you know how Focalin XR affects you. It is never a good idea to mix alcohol with a medication that you have never taken before (or that has not been prescribed specifically for you).

My shrink told me that it doesn't have to adjust to your body since it's a stimulant......but not according to the above paragraph.

Oh dick, I have to be up in 7 1/2 hours......

Well, they tried quite a few ADD meds on me, and other similar meds (I'd be here all night trying to list them all), and all of them had a common side effect on me, which I call drone.

I would just be all drone like, all the time. Not sure else how to describe it. And I'd wake up every morning feeling like I had drank more than I ever drank, just hungover.

Every med, the same. So I stopped taking them, which, while it was a good decision, didn't help any at all.

Anyway, went to a psych May, and discussed it with him, told him about my prior experiences, and he recomended the herbal route, as it may not have the same drone like effect on me. Low and behold, I'm feeling better than ever.

Maybe a placebo type effect? I dunno... but I enjoy feeling this way, even if life isn't going as well as I want. Had it been 6 months ago, on no meds, and the shit around me as it is, I'd be broken down every night instead of relaxed.

[/rant]

Edit: Fucking UM! posted it 3 times and cut off part of my post too...

You know, I've also been drinking and smoking excessively lately... maybe thats whats mellowing me out.

Who the fuck knows. Haha.

Sober tonight though, been saving my moneh for this weekend!

Boooooo! Just fucking booooooo!!!!!

I'm on some medication right now so I probably shouldn't drink.....even though the medication doesn't say NOT to drink alcohol while taking this medication. Even though, it's basic common sense not to drink while taking any medication, I'm sure this weekend (my drinking days), I'll be tempted to. But, I don't think I should.

Man....and I enjoy drinking on the weekends. I know for sure I can't drink caffeine with this medication considering it's a stimulant. That my friends, really blows monkey dick.

Damnit. Just....piss.

Mate, I'd be more agitated by the preclusion of caffeine. Seriously.

Well, they tried quite a few ADD meds on me, and other similar meds (I'd be here all night trying to list them all), and all of them had a common side effect on me, which I call drone.

I would just be all drone like, all the time. Not sure else how to describe it. And I'd wake up every morning feeling like I had drank more than I ever drank, just hungover.

Every med, the same. So I stopped taking them, which, while it was a good decision, didn't help any at all.

Anyway, went to a psych May, and discussed it with him, told him about my prior experiences, and he recomended the herbal route, as it may not have the same drone like effect on me. Low and behold, I'm feeling better than ever.

Maybe a placebo type effect? I dunno... but I enjoy feeling this way, even if life isn't going as well as I want. Had it been 6 months ago, on no meds, and the shit around me as it is, I'd be broken down every night instead of relaxed.

[/rant]

Edit: Fucking UM! posted it 3 times and cut off part of my post too...

So yea man, I took it again this morning. I am lethargic again right now with mood swings and such. I called my doctor again, waiting for a response. I can't fucking function properly......if the FAA came in and found out, I'd lose my job.

I hope this prick didn't misdiagnose me and my fucking primary doctor isn't in today.