O/T: Ok, ok, I'm throwing in the white towel..no more drinking for a couple of months

TD

HAS INTEGRITY
It isn't the blackouts stopping me from drinking (they are kinda fun really, as long as I don't get arrested!)
It isn't the floozie bar flys that keep wrecking my life
It isn't the good times I'll be missing:
It is a health issue, I had acid reflux really bad and had to quit drinking for about 9 months (1999 - 2000), and I think I may have to do that again now. If I get on Nexium I can probably get my stomach to heal! I will not drink any beer until labor day weekend, which is gonna be a party. Then I'm staying sober until X-mas. This isn't a "I need your support" or "feel sorry for me" post, just letting you know that I won't have as many cool stories for a while. But if I keep drinking I'm going to develop bleeding ulcers and keel over and die, and that just wouldn't be cool.

hey td was the damage done from beer or spirits????

i am strictly a beer drinker except for the odd occasion,i just hope i dont get gout or stomch olcers touch wood!!!

Combination. I drink a lot of coffee and tea. Both are hard on the stomach's lining. Orange juice and Lemonade, although good for you, are obviously highly acidic. And milk, well humans drink another animals milk, so you use a lot of acid to break down any dairy you eat. Throw in beer, whiskey, and all that other stuff, and you have a damaged gut.

I feel your pain dude. I drank way too much in high school and early college years (99% of it was Jim Beam). During my 2nd year I developed a bleeding ulcer and to say the least is sucks balls so your doing the right thing by laying off it for a while. Now I can very rairly drink at all, maybe once or twice a year and thats taking a chance. It's all good though as I get my fix other ways these days.:)

Originally posted by KY_Fried442
I feel your pain dude. I drank way too much in high school and early college years (99% of it was Jim Beam). During my 2nd year I developed a bleeding ulcer and to say the least is sucks balls so your doing the right thing by laying off it for a while. Now I can very rairly drink at all, maybe once or twice a year and thats taking a chance. It's all good though as I get my fix other ways these days.:)

When I quit, I lived life like a friggin' mormon (hell, I even wore a Steve Young jersey, and got a poster of Marie Osmond:D ) I stopped all booze, switched to decaf tea and coffee, very little dairy and citrus, and watched the greasy and spicy food. I would once or twice a week get "real" coffee at Starbucks and when I was watching a Jets game or a Laker game and got all nervous, I would get a Renegade dip pouch. But, my stomach never completely healed anyway, so I figured, if I just keep taking an acid reducer (pres. strength) then I might as well "enjoy" life. I definitely made up for lost time. Within 4 months of drinking again, I wrecked my moms van in a parking lot, got detained in Florida for partaking in a Spring Break riot, and was charged with a DUI (of course I beat that in court):lol: Oh, the joys of the R'nR lifestyle!! Now, although I get too drunk about every other weekend, I'm much more mellow. And I always take a cab or ride with someone else, or sleep on someones couch. I think I am gonna take the next step and just not drink for a while. All these people who tell you you need to join AA or whatever are stupid. You just find other cool things to do, or just hang out with people that don't drink. I know I'm gonna need a beer Labor Day though, it is the end of summer, and I will have been working a week, so I'll have earned it. Then no more brew until Thanksgiving Eve (the busiest night in the bar industry.....)

Eeeeeeh that sucks ass... I dunno what I would do after having quit drinking beers since I come from where I come from... :(

Damn Ty, I've been thinking I have that acid reflux bullshit too. I'm constantly taking pepcid ac and tums because my stomach is always acting up. I've been thinking about quitting drinking again but my life sucked the last time I quit. I got told by a dr. that my liver was fucked, so he told me not to drink for 3 months and then come back for more tests. Turned out my liver was fine but the 4 months (I didn't drink for an extra month) of not drinking were spent hanging out with my parents because I knew if I kept going out with my friends I'd end up drinking again. Turned out it was a woman that got me drinking again, damn women!

I just ordered a deluxe Mountain Bike, and I am heading for a kayak trip today.....it is all about keeping busy. All my friends are drunks, worse yet, all my girls are too.........but I can do it!! I will do it. I didn't say anything about not smoking joints, snorting coke, shooting heroine, and of course, eating valuum!!! I swear, booze is the worst of all, so of course it is the only legal one.

what? the amazing beermonster arrives and you stop drinking??????we could of had drunken chats which would of read like : svkjebveb efjvehvbkjn vvnvnev tasty jvndfjvnnvbbv guinessguinessguinessguiness

I survived the sober canoe trip, even though my boating partner had a cooler full. It didn't hurt my cause that he purchased nasty ass Bud Light. How on earth are Bud and Bud Light Americas two top selling beers???? I drank many a bottled water, and flirted with this HOT latino babe from Cleveland, until she told me how cool we were, and how we should hang out with her and her boyfriend later. Boyfriend??!?! Yeah, he was downstream in another canoe! I've had black, white, and even Asian, but Latino was going to be my new conquest, and she even had a Jennifer Lopez like bootie on her! Damn, maybe next time!

Sorry to hear 'bout your stomach, Ty.
You can do it. You're right about that AA bullshit. All you need to do is think:
alcohol=pain, suffering, and damage to your gut

Oh, and also = $$$ in the bank, like the Board Den Mother said. Take care of yourself, dude.

p.s. I hate when chicks tell you they have a boyfriend when things seem to be going so well (sooo cute. want to touch the hieneeee). That's never cool.

TD
Take care of yourself. You have a long life ahead of getting pissing down your pants drunk. But moderation is the key...especially as you get older (I know of what I speak); I went on a hellacious bender Friday---and I still feel like hell tonight! Age sucks!!

But take care of your tummy for now, and you will be abusing it again in no time.

I, too, have a had a series of medical things go on when drunk. Not a good thing. I have no intention of drinking again for approximately 10 or more days!

Up the Irons!

:puke: in moderation!!

Originally posted by vomit
TD
Take care of yourself. You have a long life ahead of getting pissing down your pants drunk. But moderation is the key...especially as you get older (I know of what I speak); I went on a hellacious bender Friday---and I still feel like hell tonight! Age sucks!!

But take care of your tummy for now, and you will be abusing it again in no time.

I, too, have a had a series of medical things go on when drunk. Not a good thing. I have no intention of drinking again for approximately 10 or more days!

Up the Irons!

:puke: in moderation!!

Yeah, I also have hyperhydrosis, which is drastically accelerated by booze. So in other words, I sweat A LOT anyway, throw in a hangover, and I literally have to change my shirt during the workday, and I sit at a desk in the air conditioning. It is horrible. Also, drinking messes with my balance. As a kid I suffered from many inner ear infections (very common in kids) and now, even as an adult I get them very easily, and as you know, inner ear infections affect your balance organ. Well, for whatever reason, after a night of drinking my balance organ gets out of whack and I feel very disoriented. I thought there was no correlation, but my ear doc (who is pretty cool!, he likes booze) informed me that boozing was definitely gonna effect me in that way. Apparently my balance organ is pretty deteriorated anyway, and booze accelarates that. Throw in the obvious liver and brain damage...........

Awwwww, all these words are getting me really, really scared... I am a full blown alcoholic and I just wonder what´s 2 come!

Originally posted by johnnieCzech
Awwwww, all these words are getting me really, really scared... I am a full blown alcoholic and I just wonder what´s 2 come!

I wouldn't stress to hard, for stress can only worsen a stomach problem anyway, but there's so much that goes into this. For Example, when you drink, do you drink on a empty stomach? If you eat a semi healty meal before you drink you will certainly not be doing as much damage. There's also heridity, maybe poor TD has a family history of stomach problems? Maybe TD needs to drink more water? It could be all sorts of things, but my guess is Johnnie that if you don't really have gut aches or stomach problems at this point, You shouldn't have too much to worry about unless you hit bottle before your feet hit the floor out of bed in the morning! :) Hey, a update for you, I'm mailing your copy of AugDawg Texture & Attitude tommorrow! How's that for a gut ache!

Cheerz!

AugDawg

I also had a lot of ear infections when I was a kid, and now I have constant ringing in my ears (tenitis, I think??). I never bothered having a doctor look into it, cause they can't do anything for it anyway. I rarely notice it anymore (having a kid...everything is noisy), but it drove me crazy in high school, which probably explains a lot. And it also gives me something to laugh at when my husband freaks out over a cricket... :D

Originally posted by johnnieCzech

My problems are all hereditary, if you don't notice any symptoms, I have but two words "party on." Long line of alcoholics in my family. Well, dad's aide anyway! (but they are also the smart side, go figure! well, i guess you always do see lawyers, doctors, and judges at the bars.