No more Ghost of Perdition thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moonlapse said:
No. The low-quality crap circulating the net at the moment is a disgrace to Opeth.
It's the same version that Roadrunner provided to their street team members though.

I'm sure Moon's in a tough position right now. Simply commenting on the new song could be viewed as an endorsement of sneaky aquisitions (since we all know he's not uk). It's obviously not a big deal but he's the mod, this is Opeth's forum, and Opeth's label only wants certain people to hear this right now.

Still, I can't imagine he's disappointed with it. Personally, I wasn't taking TGC as a sign of the Opethian apocalypse but GOP has made me a hell of a lot more excited for the new album.

okay...i'm pretty jacked about this new song...4:53...i've said it before...but it has honestly become one of my top five favorite opeth moments of all time...the entire section is absolutely beautiful.

Animus said:
I'm sure Moon's in a tough position right now. Simply commenting on the new song could be viewed as an endorsement of sneaky aquisitions (since we all know he's not uk). It's obviously not a big deal but he's the mod, this is Opeth's forum, and Opeth's label only wants certain people to hear this right now.

Sometimes I have to thank the powers that be that at least one person gets it.

The fact that people feel obliged to be assholes about the whole situation doesn't help much either.

The fact is that it's OPETH's wish that rips of their music not be distributed around. All I'm doing at the moment is abiding by those wishes, and I would hope that many other people would have the common sense to do the same. Since that seems unlikely, I'm gonna need to have a chat with Deron about how to deal with situations like this one again.. because I'm not gonna go through the arduous process of scouring through every single thread and deleting people's crap, crap that shouldn't have been there in the first place.

The rules are in place guys, all you need to do is respect them, otherwise you back me into a difficult situation which will ultimately backfire on the whole community.

faaaaaaaaags.jpg

thought that would highten spirits

Most of us know and respect that, Moonie. I think the main source of resentment is the fact that the discussion thread was deleted, but whatever. You're doing a good job under the pressure.

Moonlapse said:
Sometimes I have to thank the powers that be that at least one person gets it.

The fact that people feel obliged to be assholes about the whole situation doesn't help much either.

The fact is that it's OPETH's wish that rips of their music not be distributed around. All I'm doing at the moment is abiding by those wishes, and I would hope that many other people would have the common sense to do the same. Since that seems unlikely, I'm gonna need to have a chat with Deron about how to deal with situations like this one again.. because I'm not gonna go through the arduous process of scouring through every single thread and deleting people's crap, crap that shouldn't have been there in the first place.

The rules are in place guys, all you need to do is respect them, otherwise you back me into a difficult situation which will ultimately backfire on the whole community.

Times 2.

Believe it or not... Moonie is the nice and patient moderator and Anna is the forum momerator - trying to juggle homelife, new motherhood and trying to keep you fools in line all at the same time.... and then there's me.:devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.