No more Joe

I don't think it's about who can be offended and who can't, It's about spamming, trolling and disturbing the 'peace' on a forum.
That's what moderators/ web masters are for.
from what Deron said, Joe hasn't been just an issue on THIS board but on many others.

I can speak for myself only here, Chris, but it is no secret that I didn't like the guy, but I 'could handle' him.
He didn't offend me one bit. I don't think I showed even one sign here with all my back-and forth posts with him, that he 'bothered me' or 'offended me'.. I mean, really...
Joe is a donkey, with nothing better to do other than being a dick. Good for him.
I've been a user here for what... 6 years now? I don't think I've ever seen Deron makes a decision based on 'childish insults'
or the fact that 'people can't handle shit' - In fact his decisions always come after much though and consideration.
Sometimes I won't agree with many of his bans, and sometimes, like in this case: I am .

:D :D

So now the big boss can come in and tell who's offended and who isn't? If that's the case, then Will, John, Eric, me, Max, and Captain should all be banned because we've all said really fucked up shit to each other and to other people, and it really is an ongoing thing sometimes.
I'm not going to speak for Deron, but I'm pretty sure the reason why Joe's banned is because insulting and mudslinging was really all he did. Hell, I enjoy the occasional name-calling contest too, as you all know, but simply posting in every thread "I bet you don't have a girlfriend :lol:" (note the fact that he laughed at his own 'jokes') is simply a waste of forum space.

Fact is, he made the forum more annoying for everyone and more interesting for no one.

from what I remember James got much more abuse then joe did, and he wouldn't care at all (if anyone remembers the rhapsody photoshops of him among other things)

Joe on the other hand would proclaim constantly that he didn't care, though would still get really defensive whenever someone would call him out

the "tension" that you speak of was made by himself, claiming that there were lots of people that didn't like him, regular drama queen stuff etc.
I guess I don't speak for EVERYONE but generally most people that come here are welcomed, as long as they don't take themselves too seriously.

tl;dr joe is a fake james who in turn is a mild version of Guerilla

You're absolutely right on those points, except one: the whole "generally most people that come here are welcomed, as long as they don't take themselves too seriously".

I'd have to disagree. The Neverboard is the equivalent to white middle-American "you ain't from 'round heah, are ya boy?" attitude when it comes to newcomers or people who challenge the status quo of the board (unless you're a hot chick, then for some reason it's ok).

Any type of argument, debate, or unpopular opinion is met with vehement ridicule unless you're a regular, and if you are a regular then it's "only" met with very dry sarcasm, rudeness, and/or an unwillingness to see things from another point of view.

In short, it resembles the bubble syndrome that Americans tend to be the most prone to, only it's an international online community.

You're absolutely right on those points, except one: the whole "generally most people that come here are welcomed, as long as they don't take themselves too seriously".

I'd have to disagree. The Neverboard is the equivalent to white middle-American "you ain't from 'round heah, are ya boy?" attitude when it comes to newcomers or people who challenge the status quo of the board (unless you're a hot chick, then for some reason it's ok).

Any type of argument, debate, or unpopular opinion is met with vehement ridicule unless you're a regular, and if you are a regular then it's "only" met with very dry sarcasm, rudeness, and/or an unwillingness to see things from another point of view.

In short, it resembles the bubble syndrome that Americans tend to be the most prone to, only it's an international online community.

This is very true and Joe challenged it. Though, I think he challenged it by using incorrect methods.

I don't think it's about who can be offended and who can't, It's about spamming, trolling and disturbing the 'peace' on a forum.
That's what moderators/ web masters are for.
from what Deron said, Joe hasn't been just an issue on THIS board but on many others.

I can speak for myself only here, Chris, but it is no secret that I didn't like the guy, but I 'could handle' him.
He didn't offend me one bit. I don't think I showed even one sign here with all my back-and forth posts with him, that he 'bothered me' or 'offended me'.. I mean, really...
Joe is a donkey, with nothing better to do other than being a dick. Good for him.
I've been a user here for what... 6 years now? I don't think I've ever seen Deron makes a decision based on 'childish insults'
or the fact that 'people can't handle shit' - In fact his decisions always come after much though and consideration.
Sometimes I won't agree with many of his bans, and sometimes, like in this case: I am .

:D :D

I know what yer saying Karen and I'm not disputing it. I'm just offering an unbiased and unaffected opinion from an outsider.

Just my two bits. :)

We know what we do. Others know what we do. Everyone knows when the things being done aren't acceptable anymore. About all I have to say.

Don't give the guy credit by saying he "challenged the xenophobic nature of the forum". He didn't challenge anything, he just thought he was funny by typing lame insults.

That was how he challenged it and that was also an example of how NOT to challenge the forum.

As said before, he challenged it, just with the wrong methods.

How about this?
He annoyed the majority of this community, so he was banned. I don't see what's so wrong about that. Its the fucking internet.

I agree. But as it's the fucking internet, shouldn't it work both ways? Since it's "just" the internet, shouldn't ppl not get annoyed in the first place?

This is all semantics and doesn't mean anything, I'm just thinking out loud.